Table of Contents
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus – Overview
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023 – Conclusion
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023: The SSC Stenographer Notification 2023 has released on 2nd August 2023. Candidates interested in joining the recruitment process should know the syllabus and exam pattern for the same. This will provide guidelines on how to plan your preparation for the exam. In this blog, we will provide you with the detailed syllabus and exam pattern for the SSC Stenographer 2023.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus – Overview
Here’s a brief overview of the exam-
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2023|
|Post Name||Grade C and D officers|
|Registration Dates||2nd August 2023 – 23rd August 2023|
|Exam Date||12th & 13th October 2023|
|Selection process||Written Exam, Skill Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test) and Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
The SSC Constable syllabus consists of 3 sections which are General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning, and English Language & Comprehension. The exam is of 2 hours duration and has 200 questions. The detailed syllabus is as follows.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal types.
- Similarities and Differences
- Space Visualization
- Analysis & Judgment
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Discriminating Observation
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series and more.
The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
English Language & Comprehension
In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023
The SSC Stenographer Recruitment Examinations will have 2 stages – Online Computer Based Exam & Skill Test.
Online Computer-Based Exam Pattern
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|3||English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
Note – (Total time will be 2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe)
There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Skill Test – Pattern
The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination will be required to appear in the Skill Test for Stenography, which includes :
- Dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (wpm) for the post of Stenographer Grade “C” and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade “D”.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on a computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Sl. No.||Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe in the CBE|
|1||Stenographer Grade “D”||English||50||70|
|2||Stenographer Grade “D”||Hindi||65||90|
|3||Stenographer Grade “C”||English||40||55|
|4||Stenographer Grade “C”||Hindi||55||75|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023 – Conclusion
Candidates should make sure to plan out their preparation according to the syllabus and exam pattern. This will make the preparation a lot more efficient. Check the SSC website regularly for any updates regarding SSC Stenographer.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. General Intelligence & Reasoning, English Language & Comprehension and General Knowledge.
A2. There is only one paper in SSC Stenographer having 100 questions in total.
A3. Yes, typing test is compulsory for SSC Stenographer.
A4. The duration of SSC Stenographer exam is 2 hours.
A5. For every correct answer:1 mark will be awarded. For every incorrect answer: 0.25 marks will be deducted. No marks will be awarded for unattempted questions
- SSC Stenographer Previous Year Papers 2023 – Download Now!
- SSC Stenographer Salary 2023, Know Pay Scale and Benefits
- SSC Stenographer Cut Off 2023, Know Previous Year Cut Offs
- SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ 2023 Result, Check Details
- SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2023, Direct Link to Download
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023, Know Topics and Exam Pattern
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.