IBPS SO Salary 2023
IBPS SO Salary 2023: Every year, the IBPS recruits candidates for various posts under the title of Specialist Officers. For 2023, 1402 vacancies have been released for IBPS SO. Candidates must be curious about the pay and job profile. This article will answer all your questions about IBPS SO as a job, the benefits and the salary.
IBPS SO Salary and Job Profile – Overview
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the official notification for IBPS SO for the year 2023 for various Specialist Officer Scale I Posts – IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer. As you prepare for the exam, it is advisable to know about the IBPS SO Salary, job profile, career growth and responsibilities which you may need to fulfil if you get selected for the post.
IBPS SO Salary 2023
An IBPS Specialist Officer’s (Scale I) salary includes a Basic pay of Rs. 23,700/- They have a pay scale in the range of 23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020. In addition to the basic pay, IBPS SO are eligible for some perks and allowances which are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance.
- House Rent Allowance.
- Transport Allowance.
- Newspaper reimbursement.
- Hospitalization reimbursement.
- Deputation Allowance.
- PF Allowance.
IBPS SO Salary 2023 – Allowances
The allowances and benefits are presented in a tabular form as follows
|Dearness Allowance||36% Approx. Rs 8600/|
|House Rent Allowance||Between 7% to 9%. ( Varies based on posting location)|
|Conveyance Allowance||Fixed amount of fuel expense depending upon 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler|
|Special Allowance||7.75% of DA+Basic.|
|City Compensatory Allowance||As per the place of posting of the candidate, it is between 0% to 4%|
|Lease Allowance||In place of HRA, lease accommodation is optional and can be availed up to Rs29,500/ as per the place of posting.|
|PF Contribution||It varies between Rs. 3000/ – Rs. 3500/|
IBPS SO Salary 2023 – Per Officer Scale
The IBPS Specialist Officer Salary details for various posts are given below:
|Officer Scale I||Monthly salary– Rs. 36400/-(Pay Scale– Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020)|
|Officer Scale-II||Monthly salary- Rs. 48800/-(Pay Scale- Rs. 31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950)|
|Officer Scale III||Monthly salary- Rs. 64600/-(Pay Scale- Rs. 42020-1310/5-48570-1460/2-51490)|
IBPS SO can expect a hike of around 40% in their basic pay once the 11th Bipartite agreement is fully implemented across the banking sector.
IBPS SO Job Profile Post-wise Responsibilities
There are a number of posts that come under the title ‘Specialist Officer’. These include include I.T. Officer (Scale-I), Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I), Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I), Law Officer (Scale-I), HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I), and Marketing Officer (Scale-I). Candidates can check the post-wise job profile for each of these positions.
IBPS SO IT Officer
You can find the job profile for IBPS SO IT Officer here:
- Proper flow of networks
- Smooth functioning of bank software
- Eradicating security threats
- Updating software from time to time
- Handling banking technical problems
- Testing and evaluation of new technology and more
IBPS SO Agricultural Field Officer
The job profile for IBPS SO Agricultural Field Officer is as given below-
- Promotes banks’ loan products in rural areas, particularly among farmers.
- Meets and maintain a good relationship with farmers and thereby generate Leads
- Conducts pre-loan sanction inspection
- Follows up in case of recovery of loans
- Ensures the proper recovery of loan
- Getting the acknowledgement of debt
IBPS SO – Rajbhasha Adhikari
Candidates applying for IBPS SO Rajbhasha Adhikari can check the job profile below:
- Promotes Hindi in the bank
- Translation of Documents into Hindi
- Arranging Training Programmes on official language
- Ensures official language of the union is used in communications along with English
IBPS SO – Marketing Officer
The IBPS SO Marketing Officer job profile is given below:
- Takes care of all the marketing and promotional activities in a given state/region or nationwide
- Responsible for conceptualizing and design of advertisements, taking the banks message to the masses
- Co-ordinates with advertisement agencies in order to draft various forms of communication
- Develops various marketing strategies and plans to boost up sales and profits.
- Looks for new services and Products of the Banks
IBPS SO – Law Officer
An IBPS SO Law Officer has the following duties:
- Deals with documentation work within a bank
- Checks the sanctions imposed by the bank and make sure all the relevant documents are executed.
- Guides practising lawyers who represent the bank in case of any litigation
IBPS SO – HR / Personnel Officer
The IBPS SO HR/Personnel Officer job profile is as follows
- Handles the training and induction of new employees, circulate appraisal forms, form leave schedules, creation of salary accounts, etc.
- Conducts recruitment interviews, address labour laws, employee promotions and other critical human resource-related activities
- Manages industrial relations, performance and promotion policy
The above clarifies the roles and responsibilities of IBPS SO in different areas. By now, you might have a clear idea on the speciality area that is suitable for you and which specialist officer you should opt for. We are also providing details on the career growth of an IBPS SO.
IBPS SO Salary 2023 – Career Growth
Specialist Officers (SO) are given ample opportunities to get promoted to a higher level based upon their performances. Find below the hierarchy followed at the time of promotion:
Junior Management Grade Scale 1 – Officer/ Assistant Manager.
Middle Management Grade Scale 2 – Manager.
Middle Management Grade Scale 3 – Senior Manager.
Senior Management Grade Scale 4 – Chief Manager.
Senior Management Grade Scale 5 – Assistant General Manager.
Top Management Grade Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager.
Top Management Grade Scale 7 – General Manager.
IBPS SO Salary 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. The starting salary for IBPS SO is around INR 36,000 per month.
A2. IBPS SOs can have a long and rewarding career, with the potential to reach the level of General Manager.
A3. IBPS SOs are responsible for a variety of tasks, including customer service, processing transactions, and managing accounts.
A4. IBPS SOs need to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good communication and interpersonal skills.
A5. IBPS SOs enjoy a number of benefits, including a competitive salary, good career growth prospects, and a variety of learning and development opportunities.
A7. The challenges of being an IBPS SO can include long working hours, dealing with difficult customers, and the pressure to meet targets.
A7. You can become an IBPS SO by clearing the IBPS SO exam and meeting the eligibility criteria.
- IBPS SO Notification 2023 Out for 1402 Posts, Direct Link to Download PDF
- IBPS SO Salary 2023, Know the Pay Scale, Job Profile
- IBPS SO Cut Off 2023, Know Previous Year Cut Off Here
- IBPS SO Result 2023, Direct Link to Check
- IBPS SO Admit Card 2023, Direct Link to Download
- IBPS SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023
- IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria 2023, Age Limit, Education
- IBPS SO Application Form 2023 Out, Apply Now
- IBPS SO Exam Dates 2023, Know the Schedule Here
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.