NABARD recently released the notification for the recruitment of Assistant Managers in Grade A. A total of 154 vacancies have been announced for the 2020 recruitment cycle in various streams like Rural Development Banking Service, Rajbhasha Service, Legal Service and Protocol and Security Service. All the mentioned departments will be hiring for the position of Assistant Managers in Grade A. In this blog on NABARD Grade A Salary 2020, we will be providing you the details like salary, job profiles and responsibilities of the recruited officer.
NABARD Grade A Salary – Pay-Scale (For RDBS, Rajbhasha, Legal & P&SS)
Selected candidates will draw a starting basic pay of Rs.28150/- p.m. in the scale of Rs.28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)–46600–EB-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600 applicable to Officers in Grade ‘A’ and they will be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly gross emoluments are approximately Rs. 62,600/-.
NABARD Grade A Salary – Perquisites (For RDBS, Legal, Rajbhasha & P&SS)
Perquisites: A benefit which one enjoys or is entitled to on account of one’s job or position.
- Bank’s accommodation subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, internet, telephone charges, book grant, allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility. Free dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility. Interest-free festival advance, Leave Travel Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents), Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education of children, Consumer Articles, Personal computer, etc.
- Candidates selected for the post will be governed by “the defined contribution to New Pension Scheme (NPS)’ in addition to the benefits of Gratuity and Optional Group Term Insurance Plan.
- At certain centers, a limited number of residential quarters are available. Facility for securing residential accommodation on lease, however, exists at all centers.
- The initial appointment of a selected applicant will be on probation for a period of 02 years, which may, at the Bank’s discretion, be extended for a further maximum period of one year.
- All candidates selected for appointment by the Bank are liable to be posted and transferred anywhere in India.
NABARD Grade A Salary – Job Profile for Protocol & Security Services
The Appointed candidate for Protocol & Security Services as an Assistant Manager will be undergoing the following responsibilities:
He/she will be responsible for;
- Watch and Ward arrangements as to internal security, passages, entry and exit points, surveillance through CCTV, monitoring, recording, etc., in the Bank’s office buildings.
- Protocol duties.
- Maintenance/Security of Bank’s properties.
- Control over the staff deployed for the purpose.
NABARD Grade A Salary – Job Profile For RDBS, Legal & Rajbhasha
- Work culture is purely bureaucratic at NABARD. You have to report to the CGM (Chief General Manager) of the Regional Office
- As an Assistant Manager, any department can be allotted to you irrespective of your qualification.
- An Assistant Manager has to work on various policies and programs mandated by Central/State Governments related to Agricultural & Rural Development.
- You would be dealing with policy issues of various programs of Central/State Governments and projects relating to Agriculture as well as Rural Development, closely liaising with the State Government and the banking industry, which encompasses the entire activities in the rural areas
As mentioned above, Grade A managers are also appointed as DDMs (District Development Managers). Here are the responsibilities of a DDM:-
- He/She has to look after development, planning and act as regulatory body of regional rural bank (RRB) branches and credit cooperative branches
- He/She is assigned to draw up a development plan and prepare potential linked credit plan,
- He/She is expected to advise the district administration for development initiatives
- He/She has to coordinate with commercial banks and RRBs on subsidy
- He/She has to promote financial literacy centers (FLC) for better interests of customers
- He/She has to develop infrastructure and coordinate with community-level organizations for development initiatives and consultancy services.
NABARD Grade A Salary – Job Posting
Since NABARD stands for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, it is a popular myth that the posting happens in rural areas. NABARD has its head office in Mumbai and regional offices at all the state capitals where one is posted. After quite a good amount of experience as a manager, you might (or might not) get a district-level posting as a DDM (District Development Manager). Office-cum-residence to a District Development Manager is provided by the NABARD itself.
NABARD Grade A Officer – Career Growth
Candidates initially joining as Assistant Manager can be promoted maximum to the Director Position. Career growth is given below position-wise.
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant General manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Chief General Manager
- Executive Director
NABARD Grade A Officer – Office Timings
9:30 AM to 5.30 PM, 5 days/week (Saturdays and Sundays are off)
That is all from us in this blog for NABARD Grade-A Salary, job profile, and job responsibilities. We hope that these details help you make a clear choice and all your questions are answered. Keep following this space for more information and the latest details.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – Our Monthly General Awareness free e-book
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test