Employee motivation is one of the most important factors in any organization. Motivated employees create a positive working environment, thereby giving their best performances. This inevitably leads to employee personal development and subsequently leads to the company’s overall growth. It is widely believed that employee compensation in the form of a salary is the best way to maintain a motivated workforce. Well, the Reserve Bank of India knows all this and much more! The compensation package that it offers to its employees is one best in the banking industry. RBI Grade B 2022 notification clearly mentions the gross salary given to the Grade B officers. Let’s go on and analyse all the components of the RBI Grade B Salary 2022 along with the job profile, career prospects, perks, and allowances that RBI extends to its Grade B officers.
Table of Contents
- RBI Grade B Salary
- 1. RBI Grade B Salary 2022 – Details
- 2. RBI Grade B Officer Salary Increments
- 3. RBI Grade B Salary Slip
- 4. RBI Grade B Officer Benefits, Perks, and Allowances
- 5. RBI Grade B Salary – Perquisites
- 6. RBI Grade B Career Prospects
- 7. RBI Grade B Future Avenues (Career Path/Career Progression)
- 8. Various Departments in RBI
- 8. RBI Grade B Officer Posting & Job Profile
- RBI Grade B Crash Course 2023 by Oliveboard
RBI Grade B Salary
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which is also known as the central bank authority of India (Established on 1st April 1935), is one of the most reputable institutions in the country. RBI conducts the Direct Recruitment for the post of RBI Grade B Officer– which comes with a high-esteemed job profile, excellent pay scale, and numerous other perks and benefits.
Recruitment of candidates for Grade B posts of the RBI occurs through an online examination conducted in three phases viz. Phase 1, Phase 2 & Interviews. Candidates who are looking forward to the Grade B post must be aware of the Current Pay Scale, Perks & Allowances, Career Prospects & RBI Grade B Job Profile. Reading the blog “RBI Grade B Salary 2021” will give you enough motivation to apply for the post and study rigorously for it. So, read along.
1. RBI Grade B Salary 2022 – Details
As per the 2022 Official Notification, RBI Grade B Salary – Basic Pay is Rs 55,200/-p.m. per month on the scale of Rs. 55200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850 (2) – 86550-3300(4)-99750 (16 years) and the Gross Monthly Emoluments are Rs 1,08,404/- approximately.
RBI Grade B Salary 2021 is Rs 83,254/- (approx).
|RBI Grade B Salary – Basic Pay||Rs 55,200/-p.m.|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Scale||Rs. 55200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850 (2) – 86550-3300(4)-99750 (16 years)|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Allowances Given||i. Dearness Allowance,|
ii. Local allowance,
iii. House Rent Allowance,
iv. Family allowance and
v. Grade Allowance
|RBI Grade B Salary 2022 – Gross Monthly Emoluments||Rs 1,08,404/- approximately|
2. RBI Grade B Officer Salary Increments
The new pay scale for RBI Grade-B Officers is Rs. 55200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850 (2) – 86550-3300(4)-99750 (16 years)
This means, your initial basic pay will be Rs 55,200/- per month and you will receive an increment of Rs. 2850 for up to 9 years of your service.
After the tenure of 9 years is over, your basic pay will rise to Rs. 80,850 per month and you will again receive an increment of Rs. 2850 for the next 2 years.
After the tenure of 2 years is over, your basic pay will rise to Rs. 86,550 per month and you will again receive an increment of Rs. 3300 for the next 4 years.
Your basic pay would be 99750 for the next 16 years.
3. RBI Grade B Salary Slip
3.1. RBI Grade B In Hand Salary 2021-22
4. RBI Grade B Officer Benefits, Perks, and Allowances
Apart from the basic pay, RBI Officers are entitled to receive numerous emoluments like Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, Telephone Allowance, Medical Allowance, etc.
|Dearness Allowance (D.A.)||i. 113% of the basic pay that previously accounted for D.A. has now been revised to 125%.|
|House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.)||i. H.R.A. is provided to those employees who are posted out of their hometowns. |
ii. Accommodation is also provided to RBI employees.
Usually one gets a 2 BHK flat.
iii. If an employee has not been allotted a flat, RBI offers an estimated amount of Rs.70,000 for accommodation in metro cities such as Mumbai.
|Conveyance Allowance (C.A.)||i. Based on the declaration provided by you, C.A. is paid.|
For instance, the additional in-hand amount in Mumbai is Rs.14,000.
|Medical Allowance (M.A.)||i. Medical Allowance worth Rs.4500 is offered to RBI employees as well as to their dependents. |
ii. Reimbursement of medical expenses for hospitalization and OPD treatment along with free dispensary facilities are available.
|Education Allowance||i. Selected RBI Officers get Education Allowance for their children. |
ii. The annual reimbursement amount accounts for approximately Rs.4000 per month.
|Leave Fare Concession (LFC) &|
Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
|i. LFC/LTC is offered to the employee and his/her family once every two years. |
ii. RBI provides Rs.10,7000 (approx.) per head for this purpose.
|Bank Loan Facility||i. As per the salary revision, RBI Officers can now avail of loans at cheaper rates for a vehicle, housing, computers, etc.|
5. RBI Grade B Salary – Perquisites
i. Bank’s accommodation, subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, telephone charges, book grant, allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
ii. Free dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility. Interest-free festival advance, Leave Fare Concession (once in two years for self, spouse, and eligible dependents).
iii. Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Vehicle, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal computers, etc. Selected candidates will be governed by ‘the defined contribution New Pension Scheme (NPS)’, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
iv. At certain centres, a limited number of residential quarters are available. A facility for securing residential accommodation on lease, however, exists at all centres.
6. RBI Grade B Career Prospects
1. The initial appointment will be on probation for two years.
2. At Bank’s discretion, the probationary period may be extended up to a maximum period of four years.
3. Selected candidates are liable to be posted and transferred anywhere in India.
4. There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
5. For candidates possessing very high academic or professional qualifications/ experience of significant value to the Bank, the Bank may, at its sole discretion, consider granting up to four advance increments.
6. The Board, at its sole discretion, may consider requests for higher emoluments on account of higher qualification/special experience of value to the Bank at the interview stage only.
7. Such information may be furnished in the Bio-data Form in the appropriate column. The number of maximum increments will be four. The Board/Bank will not entertain any request received after the interview.
7. RBI Grade B Future Avenues (Career Path/Career Progression)
1. If one continues to work in RBI with sincerity & dedication, then an RBI Grade B Officer can reach up to CGM level post. Few Grade B officers have also managed to reach Executive Director (ED) positions and very few up to Deputy Governors (DG).
Principal Chief General Manager
Chief General Manager
Deputy General Manager
Asst. General Manager
Manager (Grade B Officer)
2. On the Boards of every Public Sector Bank, there is an RBI representative who is CGM level Officer in RBI.
3. A few officers who perform extraordinarily could also get a chance to go on deputation to foreign institutions like IMF, World Bank, foreign country’s central bank, Finance Ministry, Home Ministry, etc.
8. Various Departments in RBI
This is the list of departments in which an RBI Grade B officer gets a chance to work. Read top know better.
|1. Central Vigilance Cell||18. Department of Statistics and Information Management|
|2. Consumer Education and Protection Department||19. Enforcement Department|
|3. Corporate Strategy and Budget Department||20. Financial Inclusion and Development Department|
|4. Department of Banking Regulation||21. Financial Markets Operation Department|
|5. Department of Banking Supervision||22. Financial Markets Regulation Department|
|6. Department of Communication||23. Financial Stability Unit|
|7. Department of Cooperative Bank Regulation||24. Foreign Exchange Department|
|8. Department of Cooperative Bank Supervision||25. Human Resource Management Department|
|9. Department of Corporate Services||26. Inspection Department|
|10. Department of Currency Management||27. Internal Debt Management Department|
|11. Department of Economic and Policy Research||28. International Department|
|12. Department of External Investments and Operations||29. Legal Department|
|13. Department of Government and Bank Accounts||30. Monetary Policy Department|
|14. Department of Information Technology||31. Premises Department|
|15. Department of Non-Banking Regulation||32. Rajbhasha Department|
|16. Department of Non-Banking Supervision||33. Risk Monitoring Department|
|17. Department of Payment and Settlement Systems||34. Secretary’s Department|
8. RBI Grade B Officer Posting & Job Profile
Candidates who successfully pass all three phases of the examination (Prelims, Mains and Interview) are required to undergo training for the first 15 weeks. After the training period, the employees will be on a 2-year probation period (which can extend up to 4 years). During this time, employees are allotted to various departments. The duties and responsibilities of an RBI Officer involve:
- Issuing and circulating currency to the nationalised banks
- Ensuring the smooth functioning of the financial markets
- Managing Central and Govt. bank accounts
This is all from us in this blog of RBI Grade B Salary. We hope that you like the information provided here.
DOWNLOAD THE RBI, NABARD, SEBI Prep App FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
The app provides comprehensive study material in form of online courses to ace these examinations.
The study material ranges from online LIVE classes, video lectures, study notes, revision sessions, past year papers, topic tests, the objective plus descriptive mock tests, mock interviews and much more.
List of Exams
1) RBI Grade B Generalist Posts
2) SEBI Grade A Generalist Posts
3) SEBI Grade A IT Officer Posts
4) NABARD Grade A Generalist Posts
5) NABARD Grade A IT Officer Posts
6) NABARD Grade A Agriculture Officer Posts
7) NABARD Grade B Posts
8) SIDBI Grade A Officer Posts
9) FSSAI Recruitment – For Technical officers, Food Safety Officers and Assistants
Get free video lessons, mock tests and GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
RBI Grade B Crash Course 2023 by Oliveboard
If you are someone who is aiming to crack RBI Grade B Exam and are confused about how to go about the preparation, Oliveboard has come up with RBI Grade B Online Complete Plan to help you ace the RBI Grade B exam for sincere aspirants. Read below what is included in the Course.
Oliveboard offers the best RBI Grade B Online Coaching that can help you prepare comprehensively for the exam. Oliveboard’s RBI Grade B Online Complete Plan 2023 will be your one-stop destination for all your preparation needs.
1. Course Details
RBI Grade B Cracker is designed to cover the complete syllabus for the 3 most important subjects: 1. GA for Phase 1, 2. Objective Paper for Phase 2 + 3. Descriptive Papers for Phase 2 exam.
Not just that, it also includes Mock Tests & Live Strategy Sessions for English, Quant & Reasoning for Phase 1. The course aims to complete your preparation in time for the release of the official notification.
RBI Grade B 2023 Cracker Course Offerings:
- Foundation LIVE Classes for ESI & FM
- ESI & FM Videos + Notes + 75+ Topic Tests
- Phase-I CA Capsules (RBI BOLT)
- Phase-II CA Capsules + Desc. Eng Prep
- 40 Objective Mock Tests (Phase 1 & 2)
- 10 Descriptive Mock Tests with Evaluation
- Descriptive Model Q&A
- ESI & FM Revision Sheets
1.2. How to Enroll for the RBI Grade B Online Course 2023?
Sign up or log in using the link given below. You will be redirected to the payments page. Read the course offerings and subscribe to RBI Grade B 2023 Complete Plan.
Now that you are aware of the RBI Grade B Online Classes, why wait?
Get Started with RBI Grade B 2023 Online Complete Plan comprising LIVE Classes, Video Lessons, Detailed Study Notes & All-India Mock Tests for Phase 1 & Phase 2.
Connect with us on