RBI Grade B recruitment notification 2021 is soon expected. Starting your preparations early is always a good idea, given the vast syllabus of ESI & FM. At the same time preparing for the sections of Phase 1 (English, Reasoning, Quants, and GA) is a task in itself. With the SEBI Grade A and NABARD Grade A notification already out, we can expect RBI Grade B notifications anytime.
Keeping this in mind, let us start our early preparation. But before that let us go through the RBI Grade B Salary 2021, which attracts aspirants apart from its coveted job profile.
- RBI Grade B Salary 2021
- 1. RBI Grade B Salary 2021 – Details
- 2. RBI Grade B Officer Salary Increments
- 3. RBI Grade B Salary Slip
- 4. RBI Grade B Officer Benefits, Perks, and Allowances
- 5. RBI Grade B Salary – Perquisites
- 6. RBI Grade B Career Prospects 2021
- 7. RBI Grade B Future Avenues 2021
- 8. Various Departments in RBI
- 9. RBI Grade B FAQs
- 10. Study material for RBI Grade B 2021 by Oliveboard
RBI Grade B Salary 2021
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which is also known as the central bank authority of India (Established on 1st April 1935), is one of the most reputable institutions of the country. RBI conducts the Direct Recruitment for the post of RBI Grade-B Officer– which comes with a high-esteemed job profile, excellent pay scale, and numerous other perks and benefits.
Recruitment of candidates for Grade B posts of the RBI occurs through an online examination conducted in three phases viz. Phase 1, Phase 2 & Interviews. Candidates who are looking forward to the Grade B post must be aware of the Current Pay Scale, Perks & Allowances, Career Prospects & RBI Grade B Job Profile. Reading the blog “RBI Grade B Salary 2021” will give you enough motivation to apply for the post and study rigorously for it. So, read along.
1. RBI Grade B Salary 2021 – Details
As per 2019 Official Notification, RBI Grade B Salary – Basic Pay is Rs 35,150/- per month in the scale of Rs. 35150-1750 (9)-50900-EB-1750 (2)-54400-2000 (4)-62400and the Gross Monthly Emoluments are Rs 77,208/- approximately.
|RBI Grade B Salary|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Basic Pay||Rs 35,150/- p.m.|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Scale||Rs. 35150-1750 (9)-50900-EB-1750 (2)-54400-2000 (4)-62400|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Allowances Given||i. Dearness Allowance,
ii. Local allowance,
iii. House Rent Allowance,
iv. Family allowance and
v. Grade Allowance
|RBI Grade B Salary – Gross Monthly Emoluments||Rs 77,208/- (approx)|
2. RBI Grade B Officer Salary Increments
The new pay scale of RBI Grade-B Officers is 35150-1750(9)-50900-EB-1750(2)-54400-2000(4)-62400.
This means, your initial basic pay will be Rs.35,150 and you will receive an increment of Rs.1750 for up to 9 years of your service.
After the tenure of 9 years is over, your basic pay will rise to Rs.50,900 and you will again receive an increment of Rs.1750 for the next 2 years.
Further increment of Rs.2000 for the next 4 years will finally leave you with basic pay of Rs.62,400.
3. RBI Grade B Salary Slip
3.1. RBI Grade B In Hand Salary 2021
4. RBI Grade B Officer Benefits, Perks, and Allowances
Apart from the basic pay, RBI Officers are entitled to receive numerous emoluments like Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, Telephone Allowance, Medical Allowance etc.
|Allowances, Perks & Benefits|
|Dearness Allowance (D.A.)||i. 113% of the basic pay that previously accounted for D.A. has now been revised to 125%.|
|House Rent Allowance (H.R.A.)||i. H.R.A. is provided to those employees who are posted out of their hometowns.
ii. Accommodation is also provided to RBI employees.
iii. If an employee has not been allotted a flat, RBI offers an estimated amount of Rs.70,000 for accommodation in metro cities such as Mumbai.
|Conveyance Allowance (C.A.)||i. Based on the declaration provided by you, C.A. is paid.
For instance, the additional in-hand amount in Mumbai is Rs.14,000.
|Medical Allowance (M.A.)||i. Medical Allowance worth Rs.4500 is offered to RBI employees as well as to their dependents.
ii. Reimbursement of medical expenses for hospitalization and OPD treatment along with free dispensary facilities are available.
|Education Allowance||i. Selected RBI Officers get Education Allowance for their children.
ii. The annual reimbursement amount accounts for approximately Rs.4000 per month.
|Leave Fare Concession (LFC) &
Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
|i. LFC/LTC is offered to the employee and his/her family once every two years.
ii. RBI provides Rs.10,7000 (approx.) per head for this purpose.
|Bank Loan Facility||i. As per the salary revision, RBI Officers can now avail loans at cheaper rates for a vehicle, housing, computers etc.|
5. RBI Grade B Salary – Perquisites
i. Bank’s accommodation, subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, newspaper, telephone charges, book grant, allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
ii. Free dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility. Interest-free festival advance, Leave Fare Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
iii. Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Vehicle, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. Selected candidates will be governed by ‘the defined contribution New Pension Scheme (NPS)’, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
iv. At certain centres, a limited number of residential quarters are available. Facility for securing residential accommodation on lease, however, exists at all centres.
6. RBI Grade B Career Prospects 2021
1. The initial appointment will be on probation for two years.
2. At Bank’s discretion, the probationary period may be extended up to a maximum period of four years.
3. Selected candidates are liable to be posted and transferred anywhere in India.
4. There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
5. For candidates possessing very high academic or professional qualification/ experience of significant value to the Bank, the Bank may, at its sole discretion, consider granting up to four advance increments.
6. The Board, at its sole discretion, may consider requests for higher emoluments on account of higher qualification/special experience of value to the Bank at the interview stage only.
7. Such information may be furnished in the Bio-data Form in the appropriate column. The number of maximum increments will be four. The Board/Bank will not entertain any request received after the interview.
7. RBI Grade B Future Avenues 2021
1. If one continues to work in RBI with sincerity & dedication, then an RBI Grade B Officer can reach up to CGM level post. Few Grade B officers have also managed to reach to Executive Director (ED) positions and very few up to Deputy Governors (DG).
Principal Chief Manager
Chief General Manager
Deputy General Manager
Asst. General Manager
Manager (Grade B Officer)
2. On the Boards of every Public Sector Bank, there is an RBI representative who is CGM level Officer in RBI.
3. A few officers who perform extraordinarily could also get a chance to go on deputation on foreign institutions like IMF, World Bank, foreign country’s central bank, Finance Ministry, Home Ministry etc.
8. Various Departments in RBI
This is the list of departments in which an RBI Grade B officer gets a chance to work in. Read top know better.
|List of Department Reserve Bank of India|
|1. Central Vigilance Cell||18. Department of Statistics and Information Management|
|2. Consumer Education and Protection Department||19. Enforcement Department|
|3. Corporate Strategy and Budget Department||20. Financial Inclusion and Development Department|
|4. Department of Banking Regulation||21. Financial Markets Operation Department|
|5. Department of Banking Supervision||22. Financial Markets Regulation Department|
|6. Department of Communication||23. Financial Stability Unit|
|7. Department of Cooperative Bank Regulation||24. Foreign Exchange Department|
|8. Department of Cooperative Bank Supervision||25. Human Resource Management Department|
|9. Department of Corporate Services||26. Inspection Department|
|10. Department of Currency Management||27. Internal Debt Management Department|
|11. Department of Economic and Policy Research||28. International Department|
|12. Department of External Investments and Operations||29. Legal Department|
|13. Department of Government and Bank Accounts||30. Monetary Policy Department|
|14. Department of Information Technology||31. Premises Department|
|15. Department of Non-Banking Regulation||32. Rajbhasha Department|
|16. Department of Non-Banking Supervision||33. Risk Monitoring Department|
|17. Department of Payment and Settlement Systems||34. Secretary’s Department|
9. RBI Grade B FAQs
9.1. What is the current in-hand salary of an RBI Grade B officer (Manager)?
At present, the gross monthly emoluments as per the notification 2019 are Rs 77,208/- (approx). It might vary as per the place of posting and deductions (Tax cut, PF contribution etc).
9.2. How can I join RBI?
9.3. Is RBI Grade B Tough?
It would not be tough if you follow a structured time table for your studies and get the right guidance and study material for your preparation.
Do join for your RBI Grade B 2021 exhaustive preparation.
This is all from us in this blog of RBI Grade B Salary 2021. We hope that you like the information provided here.
Owing to such a great Job Profile, Career Prospects, Future Avenues in addition to an attractive pay scale and countless other benefits, lakhs of candidates appear for RBI Grade-B Officer exams every year. To get through each phase of the examination, one needs to start preparing for the same.
10. Study material for RBI Grade B 2021 by Oliveboard
Oliveboard’s RBI Grade B Online Course 2021 will be your one-stop destination for all your preparation needs
1. Course Details
RBI Grade B Cracker is designed to cover the complete syllabus for the 3 most important subjects: GA for Phase 1 and ESI + F&M for Phase 2 exam. Not just that, it also includes Mock Tests & Live Strategy Sessions for English, Quant & Reasoning for Phase 1. The course aims to complete your preparation in time for the release of the official notification.
|Phase I||Phase II|
1.2. How to enrol for the RBI Grade B Online Course 2021?
Step 1 – Login/Sign in RBI Grade B Exam Page.
Step 2 – After your login/sign in, click on “Edge (Live Class) on the top left corner.
Step 3 – As you click you will be redirected to the page where you would find the RBI Grade B Cracker Course 2020.
Now that you are aware of the RBI Grade B Online Classes, why wait?
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now