SBI CBO Job Profile: SBI has released SBI CBO 2021 notification on 8th December 2021 for the recruitment of 1226 Circle Based Officers in SBI. For candidates who are interested to apply for this position, there will be doubts regarding the SBI CBO job profile and the roles and responsibilities. In this blog, we will discuss SBI CBO job profile and the roles and responsibilities of SBI CBO.
Table of Contents
SBI CBO 2021 – Important Dates
|SBI Circle Based Officer Notification||08th December 2021|
|SBI CBO Online registration Starts From||09th December 2021|
|SBI CBO Online Registration Ends on||29th December 2021|
|Last Date for Editing the Application||29th December 2021|
|SBI CBO 2021 Call Letter||12th January 2022|
|SBI CBO Exam Date||January 2022 (Tentative)|
|SBI CBO Interview||To be announced soon|
|SBI Circle Based Officer Result||To be announced soon|
SBI CBO Job Profile
The job profile of a candidate selected as an SBI CBO is as follows:
- Management of core functions of a bank
- Approving Loan packages
- Monitoring of banking operations
- Maintaining healthy relationships with the customers
- Smooth implementations of banking policies
SBI CBO – Roles and Responsibilities
The SBI CBO can be regarded as a continuation of the SBI PO and both the profiles are similar in the nature of the work being done. The SBI CBO roles and responsibilities are as follows:
Managing Core Branch Functions
The primary role of a candidate selected as SBI CBO will be to manage the core branch functions of the respective branch where posted. These can range from account opening, closing, issue of cheque books etc.
Monitoring or Overseeing the bank operations
The SBI CBO is also responsible for overseeing the banking operations of the branch in which posting is done. These can range from cash receipts and payments, closure of fixed deposits, mutual funds investment, life insurance, debit/credit card issuance etc.
One of the key roles and responsibilities of an SBI CBO is to approve the loans in a branch. These loans can be of various types like personal loan, gold loan, consumer durable loan, business loan, car loan or home loan.
Developing Customer relations
A key focus area of SBI CBO is towards developing and maintaining customer relations by addressing customer queries and resolving them at the earliest. Retaining customers will provide repeat business for the branch which will drive revenue.
Smooth Implementation of Bank Policies
The bank in order to function properly will be requiring the implementation of different policies from time to time. The CBO is trusted with the responsibility of implementing banking policies and ensuring the smooth functioning of the bank.
SBI CBO – Important Points
Following are some of the important points that should be noted by SBI CBO aspirants:
- The selected candidates will undergo a probation period of 6 months from the date of joining.
- During the probation period, the candidates will be assessed on various areas to check their skills.
- Candidates who successfully clear the assessment will be absorbed as permanent employees in JMGS-1.
- Once selected as JMGS-1, the candidates will not be entitled to inner-circle transfer up to their promotion to SMGS-IV Grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
SBI CBO Salary
The SBI CBO salary starts with basic pay of Rs.36000 and has the following salary structure
SBI CBO salary is fixed on the basis of 7th Pay Commission or 7th CPC. In addition to basic pay, the SBI CBO salary includes DA, HRA, City Compensatory Allowance and other allowances as admissible for this profile. The in-hand salary of SBI CBO comes to around 50,000-52,000 after all deductions.
Candidates are also eligible for one increment in their basic pay if they have completed two or more years of service rendered in the officer cadre in Scheduled Commercial Bank/ Regional Rural Bank as on 01.12.2021. However, the maximum advance increment has been capped at 2 (two), irrespective of the duration of experience gained in previous employment.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SBI CBO job profile involves managing the branch and banking operations as well as customer relationship management and implementation of banking policies. We hope that this blog titled “SBI CBO Job Profile – Roles and Responsibilities” was able to help you in understanding the roles and responsibilities of SBI CBO.
SBI CBO full form is State Bank of India Circle Based Officer.
SBI CBO needs to undergo a probation period of 6 months.
SBI CBO payscale is Rs.36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2- 49910-1990/7-63840.
The following are job roles and responsibilities of SBI CBO:
1. Management of core functions of a bank
2. Approving Loan packages
3. Monitoring of banking operations
4. Maintaining healthy relationships with the customers
5. Smooth implementations of banking policies