SBI PO Mains 2018 Exam was conducted today and we bring to you here the detailed SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis. Our experts also conducted a Live Session on Oliveboard’s YouTube channel with in-depth Analysis of Question Types, Number of Good Attempts and Expected Cutoffs.
SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis – 4th Aug 2018
The overall paper was moderate-difficult level. There were new types of questions in Reasoning and English. Below is the detailed section-wise SBI PO Mains exam analysis.
Reasoning – Difficult
The Reasoning section was quite difficult and time consuming this year. There were few new type questions on AR, Input Output and Coding Decoding.
- Critical Reasoning (Assumption): 1 Q
- AR New Type (Matrix/ Strings): 5Q
- Linear Arrangement: 4Q
- Critical Reasoning (Conclusion) – 1Q
- Critical Reasoning (Paragraph with contradicting statement within the para type): 1Q
- Critical reasoning (Paragraph with conclusion): 1 Q
- Comparison AR: 4Q
- Input Output New Type: 3 Q
- Linear Two Rows: 2Q
- Critical Reasoning (Strengthening): 1Q
- Critical Reasoning (No Solution): 1Q
- Critical Reasoning (Inference): 1Q
- Coded Direction Sense: 4Q
- Circular Arrangement AR: 4Q
- AR Buildings and Floors: 4Q
- Blood Relations AR: 3Q
- Critical Reasoning – Course of Action: 1Q
- Coding Decoding New Types: 4Q
General Awareness – Moderate
The General Awareness section was moderate; there were more banking and current affairs questions compared to static GK.
- Banking and Current Affairs: 30Q
- Static GK: 10Q
English Language – Difficult
The English section too was not easy. There were new types of questions in Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting and Cloze test.
- Reading Comprehension: 5Q
- Fill in the Blanks (3 Blanks, New Type): 3Q
- Antonym Synonym Pair: 1Q
- Cloze Test (New Type): 1Q
- RC (New Type with five-numbered Paragraphs): 13Q
- Odd One Out: 1Q
- Sentence Connector: 1Q
- Similar Meaning Sentences: 2Q
- Parajumbles: 3Q
- Blanks with Error Spotting (New Types): 5Q
Data Analysis and Interpretation – Moderate
This section was of moderate level. There were not many surprises.
- Partneship Caselet DI: 3Q
- Caselet – Venn Diagram: 2Q
- Caselet – Time and Work: 3Q
- Caselet – Discount Based: 2Q
- Caselet – Supply, Demand and Revenue: 5Q
- DI – Bar Graph: 3Q
- DI – Table: 3Q
- DI – Missing Table: 4Q
- Data Sufficiency (3 Statements): 5Q
- Quantity Comparison: 5Q
Descriptive Paper (Essay Writing and Letter Writing)
For Essay Writing, the topics included Bitcoin and Monsoon Havoc Measures. For Letter Writing, topics included UPI implementation in cooperative banks and its benefits, usage of chemicals and sprays in food and other materials.
Hope this was helpful.