The SBI PO Prelims 2016 was similar to last year’s pattern with minor surprises thrown in. Only the Reasoning section threw a few surprises – Candidates were surprised by the absence of Syllogism & Coding-Decoding while they were unpleasantly surprised with the increased number of Analytical Reasoning Questions that made this section relatively more difficult than the same paper last year. Expected Cut-Offs & Detailed analysis follow.
No real surprises over here. The section could be termed Easy-Moderate. The brak-up of the questions were as follows:-
Reading Comprehension: 10 Q
Parajumbles – 5 Q
Error Spotting – 5QCloze Test – 5Q
Fill in the Blanks – 5Q
This section was of Moderate difficulty with no real surprises at all. The typical pattern of prior exams was followed here.
DI – 10Q
Number Series – 5Q
Simplification & Approximation – 5Q
Quadratic Equations -5Q
Arithmetic & Miscellaneous – 10Q
This section was relatively more difficult with the attempts of several candidates being lower than what they had anticipated. The presence of increased Analytical Reasoning questions instead of the typical Syllogism or Coding-Decoding section, where students solved this in quick time, made this section lengthy and hence more difficult given the limited time.
Seating Arrangements +
Analytical Reasoning: 25 Q
Inequalities – 5Q
Direction Sense – 2Q
Blood Relation – 3Q
With similar vacancies this time around compared to last time and the fact that the paper was relatively more difficult than last time, cut-offs can be expected to be slightly lower than last time around.
*This is only an estimate
|Section||Expected Cut-Off (Gen)*
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here