Table of Contents
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2023
- SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus
- SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
SSC GD Constable Syllabus
Every year lakhs of candidates appear in the SSC GD Constable Recruitment. With the increasing number of candidates, the difficulty level has also increased. Candidates who are willing to appear for the examination must plan an effective strategy for which they need to have a proper understanding of the SSC GD Constable Syllabus and Exam Pattern. In this blog, we will give you all the details regarding the SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2023 along with the exam pattern.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2023
Aspiring candidates must have proper knowledge of the syllabus and exam pattern to give their best in the preparation journey. So, we have mentioned below the detailed exam pattern and syllabus for all the candidates.
SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern
The students can prepare based on the information provided on the SSC GD Constable Syllabus for the written test as discussed above. Knowing about the exam pattern gives the candidates a clearer idea of how the examination will be structured. The SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern is given below in detail.
I. Computer-Based Examination:
The Computer Based Examination will have one paper on objective-type questions. The paper will contain 80 objective questions of 2 marks each, making an aggregate of 160 marks for the entire paper. The paper will have questions based on 4 different subjects – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English/ Hindi. Refer to the table below for details.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||20||40||60 minutes (1 hour)|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||20||40|
- The Total Duration of the exam will be 60 minutes
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions of 2 mark each.
- The candidates may take the exam in either English or Hindi.
- For each of the correct answers given by the candidate, 2 mark is added to the score.
- For each incorrect answer, 0.5 shall be deducted from the total score as negative marking.
- The candidates will be informed about the examination dates only through the official website.
- There will be no provision for any re-evaluation or re-assessment.
- The questions in the Computer Based Examination will be of Matriculation level.
- Walk-through video/ Mock Test on the Computer Based Examination has been provided on the website of the Commission in the ‘Candidate’s Corner’ Section.
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculators and other electronic gadgets. They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall/ Lab.
II. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST):
The Commission will shortlist candidates for PET/ PST according to their performance in the CBE. Physical Efficiency Tests (PETs) and Physical Standard Tests (PSTs) will be administered at various locations determined by CAPFs. At the DME, candidates’ qualifications and documentation will be thoroughly scrutinized. As a result, candidates must verify their eligibility as specified in this notification before taking the CBE/ PST/ PET. Candidates who are declared eligible based on height parameters will have their PET (race) followed by biometric/technology-aided identification during the PET/ PST. After qualifying PET (race) before PST, CAPFs PET/ PST Boards will scrutinize candidates’ eligibility for any relaxation, such as age, height, and chest measurement.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
Candidates have to clear the race within the following time limits:
|5 km in 24 minutes||1.6 km in 8.5 minutes||For aspirants of other than the Ladakh Region|
|1.6 km in 6.5 minutes||800 meters in 4 minutes||For aspirants of the Ladakh Region|
Physical Standards Test (PST):
The candidates looking forward to the SSC GD Constable recruitment have to make sure that they meet the required measurements for the Physical Standards Test.
|Item & Gender||Measurement|
|Height (Male)||170 cm|
|Height (Female)||157 cm|
|Chest (Male)||Expanded 80 cm, Minimum Expansion of 5 cm|
|Weight (Male & Female)||Proportionate as per the height and medical standard for the candidates.|
III. Medical Examination:
From the pool of candidates who qualify for the PET/ PST, some candidates will be shortlisted for the Detailed Medical Examination (DME). The SSC will verify the applicable documents at the time of DME. A few of them are mentioned below.
- Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate to prove age, name, and educational qualification.
- Domicile Certificate/ Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority.
- Valid NCC Certificate, if applicable.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus
Let us have a look at the full list of SSC GD Constable Syllabus Topics for each section:
Part A: General Intelligence and Reasoning:
Analytical aptitude and the capacity to identify and distinguish patterns will be assessed primarily through nonverbal questions. Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, and other topics may be covered in this section.
Part B: General Knowledge and General Awareness:
This subject paper will be designed to assess the candidate’s overall awareness of his surroundings. Questions may also be developed to evaluate knowledge of the current events and everyday observations and experiences in the scientific aspect, just like an educated person should be able to do. The test shall also feature questions about India and its neighbours, such as sports, culture, history, geography, economics, general politics, the Indian Constitution, and scientific research, among other topics. The questions shall be designed so that no special knowledge of any particular discipline is required.
Part C: Elementary Mathematics:
This subject paper will contain questions on Number Systems, Calculation of the Whole Numbers, as well as Decimals & Fractions, and the Relationships Between Numbers, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Interest, Discount, Mensuration, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, Time and Distance, and so on.
Part D: English/ Hindi:
The questions will examine candidates’ fundamental comprehension and ability to interpret basic English/Hindi.
We hope this blog provided you with a better understanding of the SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2023. To read more such blogs, visit the Oliveboard website!
- International Day of Older Persons 2023, Date, Theme, and Impact
- NOC Full Form, All You Need to Know About NOC
- CS Full Form, All You Need to Know About CS
- IBPS PO Prelims Exam Analysis 2023, 30th September, All Shifts
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Expected Cut Off 2023, Check Here
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. 160 marks is the total weightage of the CBT of SSC GD Constable 2023.
Ans. Yes, there will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
Hey everyone, I’m Vaishnavi Kumari, an edtech writer and a dedicated aspirant for government exams, including banking and SSC exams. Having worked with several edtech platforms, I am committed to providing you with essential and accurate information to ace these exams. With my experience as both a writer and an aspirant, I understand your needs and challenges, and my aim is to make your preparation journey smoother. I’ll focus on specific sections of the exams, compiling comprehensive and helpful content that covers the crucial topics, tips, and strategies you need to succeed. Let’s conquer these exams together!