About BPSC PCS
The Bihar Public Service Commission holds competitive examinations to fill various positions such as Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Engineer, Civil Officer, Project Manager, and Judicial Services. Individuals from across the country are invited to grab this opportunity and register for the BPSC exam. BPSC has advertised a total number of 723 openings for the year 2021, according to the official notification on their website. The BPSC exam is categorised into three sections, the first of which is the preliminary examination, followed by the main examination, and the final step in the selection process is the interview.
BPSC PCS Exam: Overview
|Name of the Conducting Authority||Bihar Public Service Commission |
|Number of positions||723|
|Exam Date ||23rd January 2022|
|Admit card ||January 2022 [2nd week]|
|Online application submission Start date ||30th September 2021|
|Online application submission End date||05th November 2021|
| Mode of Exam||Online & Offline|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university |
BPSC PCS Exam: Important Dates
|BPSC 67th Notification 2021 Release Date||24th September 2021|
|BPSC 67th 2021 Online Application Start Date||30th September 2021|
|Last date for Apply Online||05th November 2021|
|Last date to Pay registration Fee||05th November 2021|
|Last date to send documents by posts||05th November 2021|
|67th BPSC Admit Card 2021||January 2022 [2nd week]|
|67th BPSC Prelims Exam Date||23rd January 2022|
|BPSC Prelims Result and Answer Key 2021||To be notified|
|67th BPSC Mains Exam Date 2021||To be notified|
|67th BPSC Mains 2021 Result||To be notified|
BPSC PCS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for the Bihar Public Service Commission must meet the following eligibility criteria
The required education qualification for appearing in BPSC 67th Combined Competitive Examination is Graduation or an equivalent degree from a recognized University.
Age Limit (As on 1-08-2021)
To age limit, for BPSC 67th Exam 2021 is defined for different categories. The minimum age limit for General Male is 20 years and the upper age limit for the remaining categories is discussed below:
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|General Category – Male||37 years|
|General Category – Female||40 years|
|BC/OBC (Male, Female)||40 years|
|SC/ST (Male, Female)||42 years|
BPSC Exam Admit Card
The admit card is a document that includes details about the applicant as well as exam information. Students without a valid Admit Card will not be permitted to enter the exam centre. The board normally issues out the admit card two weeks before the exam.
Steps to download the Admit Card
- Go to the BPSC’s official website.
- On the main page, click on the BPSC admit card link for the post chosen.
- Verify the details on the admit card once it appears on the screen to ensure there are no discrepancies before downloading.
BPSC Application Fee
Applicants need to pay the application fees while applying for various positions with the BPSC online. Candidates will not be reimbursed for their application fees under any circumstances. Application fees may differ depending on the student category.
|Schedule caste Candidates of Bihar||Rs. 150/-|
|Schedule tribe Candidates of Bihar||Rs. 150/-|
|Women Candidates of Bihar||Rs. 150/-|
|Other categories and states||Rs. 600/-|
BPSC PCS Syllabus
Candidates must be familiar with the BPSC PCS Syllabus. They should also read and follow all of the instructions in the BPSC Recruitment Notification 2021. The BPSC examination is divided into 3 segments: preliminary, mains, and interview. Every segment is equally essential, and candidates must meet the sectional cut off marks to advance to the next round. The entire syllabus for the BPSC exam is listed below, and applicants taking the exam should educate themselves on all of the topics to ensure a good grade.
Stage 1: Prelims Syllabus
|General Studies ||General Science, General Knowledge, History of Bihar & India, Geography of Bihar & India, Polity of India, Economy of India, The economy of Bihar post-freedom, Indian Movements & Contribution of Bihar to these movements, National/International Current Affairs|
- The BPSC Prelim Syllabus topics will primarily assess the candidates’ general knowledge and awareness.
- The prelim exam will be worth 150 points and will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions that must be completed in 120 minutes.
- According to the BPSC official statement, there would be no negative marking in the prelim exam for a wrong answer or an unanswered question.
- For each correct answer, one mark is alloted.
- Candidates who are shortlisted in the preliminary exam will be invited to the main exam, which may take place a few weeks after the preliminary exam.
Stage 2: Mains
|General Studies I||Culture of India, Modern History of India, Contemporary Events that are of National & International Significance, Statistical Analysis (Diagrams and Graphs)|
|General Studies II||The polity of Bihar & India, The economy of Bihar & India, Geography of Bihar & India Role & impact of Science & Technology in the Development and Progress of India|
|General Hindi||Essay – 30 marks, Syntax – 25 marks, Grammar – 30 marks, Summarization – 15 marks|
|Optional Paper (out of 34 given options)||English Literature and Language, Hindi Literature and Language, Chemistry, Sociology, Physics, Agriculture, Political Science & International Relations, Public Administration, Geography, Commerce and Accountancy|
- The BPSC Main Syllabus will mostly cover General Studies I, II, General Hindi, & the Optional Paper.
- The main exam will be worth 900 points and will consist of subjective type questions.
- The time duration allotted for each paper is 3hours.
- According to the BPSC official statement, there would be no negative marking in the mains exam for a wrong answer or an unanswered question.
- Candidates who are shortlisted in the Mains exam will be invited to the Interview round, which may take place a few weeks after the mains exam.
Stage 3: Interview
The final phase in the selection process is the interview round. Candidates will be permitted to appear for the next round of the selection process which is the BPSC Interview round only if they have cleared the prelims and mains with the required cut-off marks. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed to ascertain their suitability for the position based on their general knowledge, abilities, physical standards, personal attributes pertaining to the position.
If the individual is found to be qualified for the position, they will be subjected to a physical standard test as well as a document verification process.
BPSC PCS Result
The BPSC has announced the results of the Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) for the year 2020 on its official website. The BPSC Exam Result for 2021 will be released upon completion of the exams and as of yet, the prelims for 2021 are set for 23rd January 2022. Candidates are encouraged to check the BPSC’s official website periodically for the most up-to-date information on the 2021 BPSC exams.
The BPSC merit list, which is released a few days following the exam, will include the names of all candidates who passed the exam. The final merit list will only include the names of the candidates who have met the cut-off marks.
However, candidates who took their exams in 2020 can now check their results on the official website to see where they are in the selection process.
Steps to check and download the BPSC Exam Result
- Go to the official website of BPSC.
- Click on the result link for BPSC prelims
- The result in the form of PDF will appear on the screen
- Enter your roll number to find your results.
- You can also save a copy of the result for future reference.
23rd January 2022