The IBPS PO Main exam is scheduled to be held on 26 November, 2017. With only 10 days to go for the exam, here, we bring to you a study plan to help you make the most of these last few days. You can use this for planning your studies / revision depending on the current preparation level.
Here, we have used Oliveboard’s dynamic study planner to create a 10 study plan for IBPS PO mains. You can also use it to track your preparation progress. Click here to sign up for the same.
Note that this study plan mentions the three major sections, namely: Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English Language. These are the topics that you would already have prepared for the IBPS PO prelims. So, ideally the strategy for these sections should be to revise and practice questions of higher difficulty.
- IBPS PO Mains 2017 : Computer Aptitude, General Awareness, Descriptive Test
- Computer Aptitude : Important Topics | Preparation Tips | Resources
- General Awareness : Important Topics | Preparation Tips | Resources
- Click here and start attempting the FREE GK tests NOW!
- Descriptive Tests : Preparation Tips | Resources
- Take a timed descriptive test –> Submit –> Get it rated by OliveBoard experts & peers –> Use inputs to improve
IBPS PO Mains 2017 : Computer Aptitude, General Awareness, Descriptive Test
The 3 above mentioned sections are what one has to prepare for, from scratch for the mains exam. In the following sections we will talk about the important topics, preparation strategy and resources for the same.
Computer Aptitude : Important Topics | Preparation Tips | Resources
Though not a separate section, it can help you clear the overall and sectional cutoffs and hence should be studied well.
Understand that these bank exam tests don’t require you to be an expert. So it is advisable to NOT get caught up with proper computer textbooks because they would be of a much higher level than is required for exam preparation purposes. Instead, opt for online e-books and capsules that are tailor made for every exam. You should also take regular quizzes on this (available online for free) topic so that you remember it. These quizzes will also give you a fair idea about the kind of questions you can expect in the exam.
General Awareness : Important Topics | Preparation Tips | Resources
General Awareness on the other hand is a separate section and you would be required to clear the sectional cutoffs for this section as well. Also, GK section has the potential to help you clear those overall cutoffs and seal the deal as it:
- Provides 100% accuracy (unless you indulge in blind guesswork)
- Is highly time-efficient and,
- Extremely scoring
For the IBPS PO Mains the important topics for this section can broadly be categorized as follows:
- Static GK : Polity & Governance, Culture, Books & Awards, Countries and Capitals, Science and Technology etc.
- Current Affairs : news 3-5 months prior to the date of the exam
- Banking & Financial Awareness
A good way to prepare for the general awareness section is by giving a lot of tests and remembering all the correct answers. Revise and then revise more!
To aid your preparation Oliveboard has launched NEW GK tests which cover the each of the above mentioned topics.
Click here and start attempting the FREE GK tests NOW!
The tests are extremely comprehensive and cover all important questions and aspects. FREE Tests are available for all of these categories.
Descriptive Tests : Preparation Tips | Resources
One of the key sections on the IBPS PO Mains is the descriptive test for 25 marks. This contains an Essay + Letter Writing. The word limit has been reduced to 150 words during the SBI PO Mains and it is expected that IBPS PO Mains will also remain the same. To provide practice for the descriptive section, OliveBoard has now launched its descriptive tests for practice.
Take a timed descriptive test –> Submit –> Get it rated by OliveBoard experts & peers –> Use inputs to improve
You can also read and rate the essays / letters written by other aspirants. This would be a good to improve you writing.
Hope this helps. For any doubts or queries, feel free to reach out to us.
All the best!
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now