IFSCA Grade A Syllabus
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus & IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern are mentioned in the official notification. It is very important to know the syllabus and exam pattern well in advance so that the candidates can move their preparation in the right direction using the right strategies. In this blog, we have covered both the IFSCA Grade A Syllabus & IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern in detail for both phases.
IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern 2024
IFSCA Grade A Recruitment will be conducted in the following 3 phases-
- Phase 1: Online Exam (Preliminary)
- Phase 2: Online Exam (Mains)
- Phase 3: Interview
The following is the exam pattern for the online exams:
IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern 2024 – Prelims
Check the pattern below in detail:
|Paper||Stream/Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut Off|
|Paper 1||Multiple choice questions:|
(a) General Awareness (financial sector) –25 questions X 1 mark each
(b) English language –25 questions X 1 mark each
(c) Quantitative Aptitude –25 questions X 1 mark each
(d) Test of Reasoning-25 questions X 1 mark each
|Paper 2||Multiple choice questions on General knowledge, Current events of national and international importance, Economic and social development (sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, and demographics), Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance and costing, Indian Economy, Global Economy, Five-year plans, Central Government’s initiatives/ Schemes in the financial sector. (50 questions X 2 marks each)||100||60 minutes||40%|
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase I.
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase I.
- Candidates would need to secure a separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned in (ii) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in the Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II. Marks obtained in Phase I shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for the Phase II examination process and will not be counted for the final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned in (iii) above, all the candidates who clear Phase I shall be shortlisted for Phase II. A list of candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be made available on the IFSCA website.
IFSCA Grade A Exam Pattern 2024 – Mains
The mains exam pattern have been discussed in detail below:
|Paper||Streams/Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration||Cut Off||Weightage|
|Paper 1||English (Descriptive Test)(a) Precis Writing – 35 marks(b) Essay writing – 30 marks (c) Comprehension- 35 marks||100||60 minutes||30%||1/3rd|
|Paper 2||Multiple choice questions on subjects like IFSCA Act, Union Budget, Economic Survey, Banking, Capital Market, Insurance, Pension Funds, Bullion, GIFT City, GIFT IFSC, IFSCA, Global Financial Centres etc. (50 questions X 2 marks each)||100||60 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase II will be issued new Hall Tickets.
- There shall be a negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase II
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-offs in each paper as mentioned above and aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in the Phase II exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase III.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase III i.e. the Interview. A list of candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be made available on the IFSCA website.
IFSCA Grade A Interview 2024
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. The application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase II and Interview. The weightage of marks obtained in Phase II will be 85%, while marks obtained in the interview shall be given a weightage of 15%.
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024
The candidates can check out the detailed IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024 for both phases in the below subsections.
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024 – Phase 1
English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness are the subjects that are included in Paper 1. Check IFSCA Assistant Manager Syllabus 2024 for Phase 1 below.
|English Language||Reading Comprehension|
Synonyms & Antonyms
Idioms & Phrases
|Quantitative Aptitude||HCF and LCM|
Ratio & Proportion
Profit & Loss
Time & Distance
Problems on Trains
Mixtures & Allegation
Permutation & Combination
Indices and Surds
Boats & Streams
Direction Sense Test
Clocks & Calendars
Passage Based Deriving Conclusions
Statement – Conclusions
Number, Ranking & Time Sequence
Statement – Arguments
|IFSCA Phase 1 Paper Syllabus||Detailed Syllabus|
|General Awareness||General knowledge|
Current events of national and international importance
Economic and social development (sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, and demographics)
Finance and costing
Central Government’s initiatives/ Schemes in the financial sector
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus 2024 – Phase 2
Phase 2 will be descriptive as well as objective tests. Paper 1 will be descriptive in nature. Candidates will have to attempt essays, comprehension, and precis. In Paper 2, multiple choice questions will be asked from the topics below.
- IFSCA Act
- Union Budget
- Economic Survey
- Banking, Capital Market
- Pension Funds
- GIFT City
- GIFT IFSC
- Global Financial Centres
|Related Links||Related Links|
|IFSCA Grade A Study Material||IFSCA Grade A Study Plan|
|IFSCA Grade A Exam Analysis||IFSCA Grade A Answer Key|
IFSCA Grade A Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2024 FAQs
The syllabus for the IFSCA Grade A exam 2024 includes subjects such as General Awareness, English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Professional Knowledge related to the regulatory domain.
The IFSCA Grade A exam 2024 consists of two phases: Phase I and Phase II. Phase I includes objective-type questions, while Phase II includes a mix of objective and descriptive questions along with a Professional Knowledge paper.
Yes, there is a penalty for wrong answers in the Phase-I exam of IFSCA Grade A. One-fourth of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted as a penalty.
Yes, after clearing Phase-I and Phase-II exams, candidates are shortlisted for an interview which forms an integral part of the final selection process
The IFSCA Grade A exam is a recruitment examination conducted by the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) to select candidates for Grade A officer positions in various regulatory domains within the IFSCA.
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Final Revision of Important Govt Schemes for RBI Grade B – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 – Download
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 – Download
- Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
- Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog – Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 GA Answer Key Ebook
- Get RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Objective Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Download RBI Grade B 2023 ESI & FM Descriptive Questions Answer Key Ebook
- Free Ebook on Top 40 ARD Questions for NABARD Grade A – Part 1
- Download Top 40 ARD Questions for NABARD Grade A – Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Download Top 40 ARD Questions FREE Ebook for NABARD Grade A – Part 3
- Get a FREE Ebook on Key Highlights from the Economic Survey 2022-23
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 1 FREE Ebook
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
- RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 – Download FREE
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 – Download FREE
- FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
- FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
- Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
- International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE
- Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
English Language Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
- Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
- Top 135 One-Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Preparing for Regulatory Exams? Need regular updates of CA, Notifications, Free Ebooks, YT Sessions, and More, then Join Our Regulatory Whatsapp Channel.
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Attempt Engaging Quiz on YTC and get complete study material and classes for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
|Related Links||Related Links|
|RBI Grade B Notification||NABARD Grade A Notification|
|SEBI Grade A Notification||IRDAI Assistant Manager Notification|
|SIDBI Grade A Notification||–|
- 9 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- Legends League Cricket 2023 – Schedule, Venue, Teams
- APAAR One Nation One ID Card, Complete Information
- The Life and Legacy of India’s First Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- Pongal 2024, Celebrations, History & Significance
Hello there! I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Regulatory Bodies, Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors!