With RBI Grade B expected to be announced very soon, one mustn’t wait for the notification to come out to start preparations. The sooner you start the better you can be prepared. To kick-start your preparations for an exam as competitive as likes of RBI Grade B, you must be well aware of the RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 too. This would help you plan your study and we at Oliveboard will help you do just that.
Here in this article, we will be covering the syllabus for both RBI Grade B phase 1 & phase 2.
- 1. Phase-Wise RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2020
- 2. Complete RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 (For Phase 1 & 2)
- 2.1 RBI Grade B Prelims Syllabus 2020
- 2.2 RBI Grade B Mains Syllabus 2020
- 3. RBI Grade B Online Course 2020 – Phase 1 & 2 Preparations
- 4. RBI Grade B – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Phase-Wise RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2020
1.1 Phase 1 (Prelims) Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Phase – I – Online Examination (Objective Type)
|Sr No.||Objective Type Tests||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|1||General Awareness||80||80||25 minutes|
|3||English Language||30||30||25 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 minutes|
1.2 RBI Grade B Phase II (Mains) Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B: Phase-II – Online Examination
Name of Paper
Type of Paper
|Paper-I:Economic and Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper-II:English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive, to be typed with the help of the keyboard||90||100|
|Paper-III:Finance and Management||Objective type||90||100|
2. Complete RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 (For Phase 1 & 2)
2.1 RBI Grade B Prelims Syllabus 2020
2.1.1 Quantitative Aptitude
|· Averages||· Problems on Ages,|
|· Data Interpretation||· Profit & Loss,|
|· Data Sufficiency||· Quadratic Equations,|
|· Mensuration||· Ratio & Proportion,|
|· Mixtures & Alligation||· Simple Interest & Compound Interest,|
|· Number Series||· Time, Speed & Distance.|
|· Partnerships||· Work & Time|
|· Percentages||· Quantity Comparison|
2.1.2 English Language
|· Reading Comprehension||· Sentence Improvement|
|· Cloze Test||· Phrase Replacement|
|· Error Spotting||· Antonyms/Synonyms|
|· Para Jumbles||· Idioms and Phrases|
|· Fillers – Single, Double||· One-Word Substitution|
2.1.3 Reasoning Ability
|· Seating Arrangement – Linear & Circular,
People Sitting around a table
|· Distance & Direction||· Syllogisms|
|· Coded Inequalities||· Input-Output Puzzles|
|· Coding-Decoding||· Logical Reasoning|
|· Alphanumeric Series||· Blood Relations|
|· Order & Ranking||· Data Sufficiency|
2.1.4 General Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Static General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
2.2 RBI Grade B Mains Syllabus 2020
2.2.1 Economic & Social Issues – Paper 1
|· Growth and Development IMF and World Bank||· Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income WTO|
|· Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India Regional Economic Cooperation||· Sustainable Development and Environmental issues|
|· Social Structure in India||· Economic Reforms in India|
|· Multiculturalism||· Industrial and Labour Policy Demographic Trends|
|· Monetary and Fiscal Policy||· Urbanization and Migration|
|· Privatization Gender Issues||· Role of Economic Planning Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favour of the underprivileged|
|· Globalization Social Movements||· Opening up of the Indian Economy Indian Political System|
|· Balance of Payments Human Development||· Export-Import Policy Social Sectors in India|
|· International Economic||· Institutions Health and Education.|
Here are a few sources to refer to for the ESI section preparations for the exam:
2.2.2 Descriptive English Writing Skills – Paper 2
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expressions and understanding of the topic.
2.2.3 Finance & Management – Paper 3
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions, and conduct of monetary policy
- Banking System in India
- Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB,
- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.)
- Functions, instruments, recent developments
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking Sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit
- Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM)
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components, and trends.
Through the Topics? How About Taking A Mock Test Now?
- Its nature and scope;
- The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling;
- The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
Human Resource Development:
- Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD;
- Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development
- Feedback and Performance Counselling
- Career Planning
- Training and Development
- Employee Welfare.
Motivation, Morale and Incentives:
- Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate;
- Concept of Morale;
- Factors determining morale;
- Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Steps in the Communication Process;
- Communication Channels;
- Oral versus Written Communication;
- Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication;
- Barriers to Communication,
- Role of Information Technology.
- Factors affecting Corporate Governance;
- Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
Note: Please note that the syllabus shared here is based on the 2019 notification. Any changes in the exam pattern and syllabus will be updated here after the official notification is released.
3. RBI Grade B Online Course 2020 – Phase 1 & 2 Preparations
Here are the highlights of what will be covered in our online course:
3.1 Course Details
- Live Classes & Videos for Phase 2 (ESI, F&M, GK)
- Special Classes for Phase 1 & Descriptive English
- Mock Strategy & Discussion Sessions
3.2 Study Notes
- Detailed + Summary Notes for ESI + F&M
- Monthly GK Modules
3.3 Test Series
- Mock Tests for Phase 1 & 2
- Chapter-wise Tests for all ESI + F&M Topics
- Descriptive Mock Test for English
- Sectional, Topic & GK Tests
4. RBI Grade B – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1) When will the official notification for RBI Grade B be out?
Ans: The exact date cannot be determined as of now, although it can be expected to be released sooner.
Q2) When will the RBI Grade B Course Start?
Ans: The RBI Grade B course started on 26th March 2020. Click here to join now.
Q3) Can I Still Access the course after its start?
Ans: Yes, of course, the course is accessible anytime, anywhere. You can also watch the recorded sessions for the classes missed. Join Here & Know-How.
Q4) What all will be covered in this course?
Ans: You can click here and read all that will be covered here in our course.
Q5) Will there be classes for Descriptive English?
Ans: Yes. We will conduct special sessions to cover this paper.
That brings to the end of this article. We hope the RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 provided here helps you in planning your study and you are well prepared before the exam. Join our exclusive RBI Grade B Cracker course and learn from some of the best faculties in the country.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now