With RBI Grade B expected to be announced very soon. It is important to not wait for the notification to come out to start your preparations. The sooner you start the better you can be prepared. To start with the preparations, you must be aware of the RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020. This would help you plan your study and we at Oliveboard will help you do just that.
We will be covering the syllabus for both RBI Grade B phase 1 & phase 2.
Here’s a list of what we will be covering here in this article:
- RBI Grade B Exam Pattern [Phase 1 & 2]
- Complete Syllabus For RBI Grade B
- Especially Curated Course (RBI Grade B Phase 1 & 2)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Phase-Wise RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2020
- 2. Complete RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 (For Phase 1 &2)
- 2.1 RBI Grade B Prelims Syllabus 2020
- 2.2 RBI Grade B Mains Syllabus 2020
- 3. RBI Grade B Online Course 2020 – Phase 1 & 2 Preparations
- 4. RBI Grade B – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Phase-Wise RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2020
1.1 Phase 1 (Prelims) Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name Of Test||Max. Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General Awareness||80||120 minutes (separate time for each section will be given)|
Going For the Exam First Time? See What Paper Looks Like
1.2 RBI Grade B Phase II (Mains) Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Name Of Test||Time (minutes)||Max. Marks|
|1||Paper-I: Economic and Social Issues||90||100|
|2||Paper-II: English (Writing Skills)||90||100|
|3||Paper-III: Finance and Management||90||100|
2. Complete RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 (For Phase 1 &2)
2.1 RBI Grade B Prelims Syllabus 2020
2.1.1 Quantitative Aptitude
Data Interpretation Ratio & Proportion, Number Series Percentages, Quadratic Equations Profit & Loss, Data Sufficiency Averages, Mixtures & Alligation, Problems on Ages, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Partnerships, Work & Time, Mensuration, Time, Speed & Distance.
2.1.2 English Language
Reading Comprehension, Sentence Improvement, Cloze Test, Phrase Replacement, Error Spotting, Antonyms/Synonyms, Para Jumbles, Idioms and Phrases, Fillers – Single, Double and One-Word Substitution.
2.1.3 Reasoning Ability
Seating Arrangement, Distance & Direction, Syllogisms, Coded Inequalities, Input-Output Puzzles, Coding-Decoding, Logical Reasoning, Alphanumeric Series, Blood Relations, Order & Ranking Data Sufficiency.
2.1.4 General Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Static General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
2.2 RBI Grade B Mains Syllabus 2020
2.2.1 Economic & Social Issues – Paper 1
Growth and Development IMF and World Bank, Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income WTO, Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India Regional Economic Cooperation, Sustainable Development and Environmental issues, Social Structure in India, Economic Reforms in India, Multiculturalism, Industrial and Labour Policy Demographic Trends, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Urbanization and Migration, Privatization Gender Issues, Role of Economic Planning Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favor of the underprivileged, Globalization Social Movements, Opening up of the Indian Economy Indian Political System, Balance of Payments Human Development, Export-Import Policy Social Sectors in India, International Economic, Institutions Health and Education.
Here are a few sources to refer to for the ESI section preparations for the exam:
2.2.2 Descriptive English Writing Skills – Paper 2
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expressions and understanding of the topic.
2.2.3 Finance & Management – Paper 3
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions, and conduct of monetary policy
- Banking System in India
- Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB,
- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.)
- Functions, instruments, recent developments
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking Sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit
- Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM)
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components, and trends.
Through the Topics? How About Taking A Mock Test Now?
Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – Feedback and Performance Counselling – Career Planning – Training and Development – Rewards – Employee Welfare.
Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
Note: Please note that the syllabus shared here is based on the 2019 notification. Any changes in the exam pattern and syllabus will be updated here after the official notification is released.
3. RBI Grade B Online Course 2020 – Phase 1 & 2 Preparations
Here are the highlights of what will be covered in our online course:
3.1 Course Details
- Live Classes & Videos for Phase 2 (ESI, F&M, GK)
- Special Classes for Phase 1 & Descriptive English
- Mock Strategy & Discussion Sessions
3.2 Study Notes
- Detailed + Summary Notes for ESI + F&M
- Monthly GK Modules
3.3 Test Series
- Mock Tests for Phase 1 & 2
- Chapter-wise Tests for all ESI + F&M Topics
- Descriptive Mock Test for English
- Sectional, Topic & GK Tests
4. RBI Grade B – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1) When will the official notification for RBI Grade B will be out?
Ans: The exact date cannot be determined as of now, although it can be expected to be released sooner.
Q2) When will the RBI Grade B Course Start?
Ans: The RBI Grade B course started on 26th March 2020. Click here to join now.
Q3) Can I Still Access the course after its start?
Ans: Yes, of course, the course is accessible anytime, anywhere. You can also watch the recorded sessions for the classes missed. Join Here & Know-How.
Q4) What all will be covered in this course?
Ans: You can click here and read all that will be covered here in our course.
Q5) Will there be classes for Descriptive English?
Ans: Yes. We will conduct special sessions to cover this paper.
That brings to the end of this article. We hope the RBI Grade B Syllabus 2020 provided here helps you in planning your study and you are well prepared before the exam. Join our exclusive RBI Grade B Cracker course and learn from some of the best faculties in the country.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test