Working in the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is a dream for every other Bank Exam Aspirant in India. But only the ones who study persistently, ultimately succeed and join the most reputed organizations in the country. Apart from the many advantages like high-esteemed job profile, great opportunities for career growth and a lavish lifestyle, the post of an RBI Assistant offers you work-life balance and an opportunity to work in your home state. Therefore, we would suggest you have a look at the Eligibility criteria and apply online for the post of RBI Assistant 2019. In this blog, we would give you complete information about the salary structure of RBI Assistant, Job Profile, Promotions, Career Growth & Place of Posting as given in the 2019 notification. For your information, the 7th pay commission has no role to play in the RBI Assistant Salary.
- RBI Assistant Salary 2019 – Revised Salary
- Service Conditions and Career Prospects – Read Below
- RBI Assistant 2019 – Job Profile
- RBI Assistant 2019 – Career Growth Prospects
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2019-2020
- RBI Assistant Online Course 2019 – Become an RBI Assistant
- RBI Assistant Mock Tests 2019
RBI Assistant Salary 2019 – Revised Salary
Service Conditions and Career Prospects – Read Below
I. RBI Assistant Salary 2019 – Pay Scale:
1. Assistants will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 14,650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13,150/- plus two advance increments admissible to Graduates) in the scale of ₹ 13150 – 750(3) – 15400 – 900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28800 –1480(3) – 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990 (20 years) and
2. Other allowances, viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time.
3. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants approximately Rs 36091/-
4. House Rent Allowance will not be paid to the employee if Bank’s accommodation is provided and license fee will be recovered from her/him @ 0.3% of pay at the starting stage of the pay scale of Class III.
II. RBI Assistant Salary 2019 – Perquisites:
Perquisites: A benefit which one enjoys or is entitled to on account of one’s job or position.
1. Accommodation – Bank’s accommodation subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, Newspaper, Briefcase, Book Grant, Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
2. Medical Facilities – Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility;
3. Travel Fare Reimbursements – Interest-free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
4. Facility of Loans – Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. will be available to regular employees who will put in at least two years of service.
5. Pension – The recruits will be governed by the Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
III. RBI Assistant Place of Posting
Selected candidates will be initially posted in RBI’s office within the Recruitment Zone for which they had applied. However, they are liable to be transferred in administrative exigencies to centres grouped and classified into West, South, North and East Zone offices as under:
(a) West Zone: Ahmedabad, Bhopal (including Raipur), Mumbai (including Belapur, Pune and Panaji), Nagpur.
(b) South Zone: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram (including Kochi).
(c) North Zone: Chandigarh (including Shimla), Jaipur, Jammu / Srinagar, Kanpur, (including Lucknow & Dehradun), New Delhi.
(d) East Zone: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati (including all North Eastern states excluding Gangtok), Kolkata (including Gangtok), Patna (including Ranchi).
IV. RBI Assistant 2019 – Other Perks and Allowances
The perks of getting a job in the RBI Assistant post are numerous.
- Selected candidates are eligible for House Rent Allowances, Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance, and City Compensatory Allowance.
- Housing accommodation
- Allowance for furnishing your residence (as per eligibility).
- Book grant, newspaper and briefcase
- Reimbursement of vehicle maintenance expenses (used for the official purpose)
- Reimbursement of medical expenses for hospitalization and OPD treatment
- Leave Travel Concessions for the employee’s family once every two years
- Interest-free Festival Advance
- Advances and loans at concessional interest rates for car, housing, education, personal computer, consumer articles etc.
- The working hours are fixed and comfortable: 5 days a week.
Owing to an excellent pay scale and numerous other perks and benefits, lakhs of candidates take up the RBI Assistant exam every year.
RBI Assistant 2019 – Job Profile
RBI Assistant is basically a clerical level post in various regional offices of RBI located in the state capitals (mostly). The job responsibilities of an RBI Assistant include:
1. Maintaining files – It includes collection of receipts, maintaining of Ledger, Balance tally etc.
2. Data Entry – Entering of day-to-day transactions (Computer-based working)
3. Replying and maintaining Email logs
4. Responding to RTI Queries
5. Currency Issue & Circulation
6. Verification of Banking Documents
7. Attending to the Government Treasury Work
8. Co-ordinating with the higher authorities in terms of work.
RBI Assistant 2019 – Career Growth Prospects
1. There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
2. Once a candidate joins RBI as an assistant, he/she will get multiple chances to get promoted to the higher-level posts.
3. All the candidates who wish to get promoted to the officer level need to apply for the promotion test and appear for the examination and pass it as well.
4. But before that one has to undergo their service period of a minimum of 2 years to become eligible for promotion to Officer Cadre.
5. Promotions are conducted at a period of every 2 years wherein RBI Assistants have the opportunity to be a part of it. There are two processes for an assistant to get promoted to a Grade A officer level:
- Normal process
- Merit basis process
(i) Normal process: The employee has to qualify written exam and on the basis of his experience and seniority in the services of a bank, he/she will be selected as an Officer.
(ii) Merit basis process: Two-year service (minimum) as a clerk with a JAIIB and CAIIB diploma conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is must with graduate/post-graduate degree.
There are four scales in Officer cadre:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager (Grade A)
- Scale 2 – Manager (Grade B)
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager (Grade C)
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager (Grade D)
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2019-2020
Recruitment of eligible candidates to the post of RBI Assistant occurs through an online examination.
I. Preliminary Examination (Multiple Choice):
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
II. Main Examination (Multiple Choice):
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests
|No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|2.||Test of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|4.||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5.||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
III. Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned as detailed below). Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
The Office wise local language/s is/are as follows:
- Ahmedabad – Gujarati
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Bhubaneswar – Oriya
- Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri / Bodo / Mizo
- Hyderabad – Telugu
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Jammu – Urdu / Hindi / Kashmiri
- Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali / Nepali
- Mumbai – Marathi / Konkani
- Nagpur – Marathi / Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Patna – Hindi / Maithili
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
This was all from us in this blog “RBI Assistant Vacancy 2019-2020. For complete information regarding the exam refer our RBI Assistant Exam 2019-2020 Informative blogs here.
RBI Assistant Online Course 2019 – Become an RBI Assistant
Moreover, Oliveboard is coming up with RBI Assistant Online Course 2019 for your exhaustive preparation for the exam. We will soon announce the start date of the course and what all it entails. Stay tuned to Oliveboard for more information on it.
RBI Assistant Mock Tests 2019
Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 exam with Oliveboard’s specifically curated mock test for the exam. Get access to the mock tests along with the sectional and gk test to bind up your complete preparations.
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test