Creating a huge Buzz, the State Bank of India has announced the recruitment of Circle Based Officers. The position is an officer level one. More than 3800 vacancies have been announced for the same. In this article, SBI CBO Notification 2020, we will cover all the necessary information regarding the recruitment process, selection criteria, vacancies, and more.
As per the latest notice released by the SBI, an Online test for recruitment of Circle Based Officers is scheduled for 28.11.2020. Candidates are required to submit three choices of Test Centres through the link https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/sbicbodnov20/. The link is also available on the SBI “Career” website and shall remain active from 10.11.2020 to 16.11.2020. Please note that SBI reserves the right to allot any centre other than the centre choice given by the candidate.
Admission to online test will be purely provisional without verification of the applicant’s document/ eligibility. The applicant’s candidature will be subject to verification of the details/ documents at the time of interview/ joining (if selected)
- SBI CBO Test Pattern & Selection Criteria
- SBI CBO Notification 2020 – Important Dates
- SBI CBO Vacancy 2020 – Circle-Wise
- SBI CBO Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- SBI CBO Selection Procedure 2020
- SBI CBO Salary 2020 – Basic Pay-Scale
- SBI CBO 2020 Apply Online – Direct Link
- SBI CBO Notification 2020 – Official PDF
SBI CBO Test Pattern & Selection Criteria
The details of the test pattern and the selection criteria are as follows:
A. Test Pattern
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
B. Selection criteria for Interview:
State-wise & Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Online Test. There will be no sectional cut-off and sectional wise marks shall not be maintained. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the State wise & Category wise vacancies will be called for the Interview from the top of the State wise & Category wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score.
The maximum marks for the interview shall be 100 and the candidate will have to score minimum qualifying marks in the interview for being considered for final selection. Candidates qualifying for Interview under the ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit an OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause. Candidates who have registered themselves as OBC but do not submit OBC ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ certificate and request to be interviewed under the General category will not be entertained.
D. Final Selection:
State-wise & Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the Interview score (out of 100) subject to a candidate scoring the minimum qualifying marks in the interview. Selection for each State & Category will be made from the top of the above merit list based on the interview score.
SBI CBO Notification 2020 – Important Dates
Here are the important dates for the recruitment of Circle Based Officers in SBI.
- Start date of Online Application – 27th July 2020
- End Date of Online Application – 16th Aug 2020
- Last Date for Printing Application – 31st Aug 2020
- Online Fee Payment – 27th July to 16th Aug 2020
SBI CBO Vacancy 2020 – Circle-Wise
|Maharashtra||Maharashtra (excluding Mumbai)||77||38||139||51||212||517|
- The above vacancies are provisional and may vary depending on the Bank’s actual requirement.
- The candidate will have to apply for the vacancy of one State only. A candidate applying against the vacancy of
one State will not be eligible to apply against the vacancy of any other State.
- Candidature of the applicant will be considered only against the vacancies in the State for which he/ she has
applied/ opted. Merit list will be drawn State wise, category wise.
- Selected candidates will be posted in the Circle of that State against whose vacancy they are selected.
- The selected candidates will not be entitled to inter-circle transfer up to his/ her promotion to SMGS-IV
Grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
Are You Preparing for upcoming Bank exams? Give Your preparations a boost with Free Mock Tests
SBI CBO Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by
the Central Government.
Age Limit for SBI Circle Based Officer 2020
Not above 30 years as on 01.08.2020 i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1990.
Relaxation in Upper age limit:
1. Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe – 5 Years
2. Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 Years
3. Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (SC/ ST) – 15 Years
– PWD (OBC) – 13 Years
– PWD (Gen/ EWS) – 10 Years
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum 2 years’ experience (as on 01.08.2020) as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank or any
Regional Rural Bank.
Candidates applying for vacancies of a State have to produce a 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specific local language of the applied State as one of the subjects.
Preparing For Upcoming Exams? Boost Your Prep With Free Mock test
SBI CBO Selection Procedure 2020
The selection will be based on shortlisting and interview. However, Bank reserves the right to conduct written
examination. Mere fulfilling minimum qualification and experience will not vest any right in a candidate for being
called for interview.
The Shortlisting Committee constituted by the Bank will decide the shortlisting parameters
and thereafter, an adequate number of candidates, as decided by the Bank will be shortlisted and called for
The decision of the bank to call the candidates for the interview shall be final. No correspondence will
be entertained in this regard.
The candidates who are called for interview will have to download their interview call letter from the Bank’s
website by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth.
SBI CBO Salary 2020 – Basic Pay-Scale
Initial emolument of selected candidates will be on the scale of JMGS-I ( 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-
1310/7-42020), at the start of the scale i.e. 23,700/- plus one increment for each completed year of service
rendered in officer cadre in the Scheduled Commercial Bank and Regional Rural Bank, as on 01.08.2020.
Preparing for SBI PO? Enroll Now For Complete Course
SBI CBO 2020 Apply Online – Direct Link
The candidates willing to apply for the position can apply for the post by clicking on the link below:
Guidelines to Fill The Application Form
SBI CBO Notification 2020 – Official PDF
Download the official notification by the State Bank of India for the recruitment of Circle Based Officer.
That brings us to the end of this article. We hope the article gives you all the details regarding the SBI CBO Notification 2020 and it’s components. Keep checking the space for more latest information and updates. You can also join our telegram channel to stay updated with the latest news and updates.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now