Note: This year i.e. 2023, the SIDBI Grade A Exam will not have the online test so the details mentioned in this blog are not for the candidates applying for 2023 cycle. The below mentioned syllabus and exam pattern are as per the previous cycle i.e. 2022.
SIDBI Grade A Syllabus
SIDBI Grade A Syllabus & SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern are one of the most curious questions of the aspirants. It is important to be familiar with the exam pattern & syllabus of any exam before you even attempt it. Awareness of question distribution and topics to learn saves a lot of time and makes your learning a lot more efficient. So this blog will tell you about the SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern & SIDBI Grade A Syllabus and important points related to it.
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern
The online test also has two parts: an objective exam and a descriptive exam. Let us see the pattern for each of these parts in detail;
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2023 – Online Test
The exam pattern for the online test is as follows:
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023 – Objective Test
Check out the detailed objective test pattern below:
|S.No||Name of the Test||Type of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time(Mins)|
(With special reference to Banking and
Financial Sector and Economic and
Online Descriptive Test: Candidates will be required to answer by typing on the computer.
SIDBI Grade A Syllabus 2023 – Objective Test
Here are the details of the subjects that will be tested in the objective part of the online test:
Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line-up, Scheduling, Input-Output, Blood-Relations, Directions and Distances, Ordering and Ranking, Data Sufficiency, Coding and Decoding, Coded Inequalities
Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Para-jumbles, Fill in the blanks, Paragraph Completion, Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting, Paragraph Completion, Idioms and Phrases
Simplification, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Percentage, Data Interpretation, Mensuration and Geometry, Quadratic Equation, Interest, Problems of Ages, Profit and Loss, Number Series, Speed, Distance and Time, Time and Work, Number System, Data Sufficiency, Linear Equation, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Mixture and Allegations
Banking Awareness (Banking Current Affairs, Appointments, Mergers, Bank Taglines, Headquarters, etc.) Financial Awareness (Annual Budget, RBI monetary policy rates, Economic survey, All Latest Government Schemes and Policies, etc.), Current Affairs (Last 6 months), Static Awareness (Awards, Important Days, Books and Authors etc.)
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023 – Descriptive Test
The following is the exam pattern followed for the descriptive part of the objective test in SIDBI’s Grade A officers’ recruitment:
|S. No.||Questions||Type||No of Questions||Total Marks|
|1||Essay on Financial/Banking/Economic and Social Issues in India – 1||Descriptive||1||20|
|2||Essay on Financial/Banking/Economic and Social Issues in India – 2||Descriptive||1||20|
Letter Writing (10 Marks)
Note: It is essential to attempt all three
The descriptive test will be for 60 minutes.
SIDBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023 – Important Points
- The duration of the SIDBI Grade A Exam is a total of 180 minutes or 3 hours.
- The total number of questions in the SIDBI Grade A exam is 163.
- The SIDBI Grade A exam is for a total of 250 marks.
- All tests, except the test of English Language and Descriptive test, will be provided in both English and Hindi.
- For every wrong answer marked, 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
- The number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score after applying a penalty for wrong answers.
- The Corrected Scores so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the Equated Scores* (*Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.)
- Test-wise scores and scores on total are reported with decimal points up to two digits.
- Cutoffs may be applied in two stages:
- On scores in individual tests
- On Total Score
- The total marks of the examination will be 250 which includes 50 marks in the English Descriptive Section.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Interviews on the basis of marks scored in the objective and descriptive sections taken together against full marks of 250.
- The Descriptive Test will be evaluated only for those candidates who qualify in the Objective type of tests (on total and individual sections of objective tests) and are ranked adequately high as per total marks in the objective test.
- The various qualifying cut-off marks in each of the objective tests, the total objective test, and the Descriptive Test will be decided by SIDBI.
|Topper’s Corner||Topper’s Corner|
|SIDBI Grade A 2022 Topper Aniket Tembhurne||SIDBI Grade A 2022 Topper Dayyala Krishna|
SIDBI Grade A Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 – FAQs
A total of 160 multiple-choice questions will be asked.
There will be a 50 marks descriptive test where three computer typed questions will be asked.
Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness are the subjects that are included in SIDBI Grade A Syllabus 2023.
The online exam will take 2.5 hours to complete i.e. 180 minutes for both objective & descriptive paper.
Yes, there is a negative grading of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
- Final Revision of Important Govt Schemes for RBI Grade B – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 – Download
- FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 – Download
- Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
- Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog – Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA – Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
- Get a FREE Ebook on Key Highlights from Economic Survey 2022-23
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 1 FREE Ebook
- Download RBI Annual Report 2023 Important MCQs: Part 2 FREE Ebook
- Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
- RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 – Download FREE
- Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 – Download FREE
- FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
- Five-Year Plans Free Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
- Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
- International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
- Export-Import Policy Free Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
Download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE
- Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
English Language Ebooks
- Download the Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
- Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 – Download FREE Ebook
- FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
- Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
- Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
- Top 135 One-Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Preparing for Regulatory Exams? Need regular updates of CA, Notifications, Free Ebooks, YT Sessions, and More, then Join Our Regulatory Whatsapp Channel.
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard’s Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
|Related Links||Related Links|
|NABARD Grade A Notification||IRDAI Assistant Manager Notification|
|SEBI Grade A Notification||IFSCA Grade A Notification|
|RBI Grade B Notification||–|
- 8 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2023 for Prelims and Mains, Exam Pattern
- APPSC Group 2 Notification 2023 Out for 897 Posts
- Nagpur Municipal Corporation Post Wise Online Exam Pattern
- OFDC Field Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2024, Age Limit
Hello there! I’m a dedicated Government Job aspirant turned passionate writer & content marketer. My blogs are a one-stop destination for accurate and comprehensive information on exams like Regulatory Bodies, Banking, SSC, State PSCs, and more. I’m on a mission to provide you with all the details you need, conveniently in one place. When I’m not writing and marketing, you’ll find me happily experimenting in the kitchen, cooking up delightful treats. Join me on this journey of knowledge and flavors!