The SSC CHSL Exam is scheduled to be conducted in March 2020 as per the official notification. To help you with your preparation we have prepared this SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 blog for all the aspirants. This blog will give you a proper idea about the syllabus and pattern of the SSC CHSL exam, which would help you prepare your preparation strategy accordingly.
- SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
- SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019– Detailed Syllabus
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
Let’s have a look at SSC CHSL Exam Pattern before moving to the SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 – Exam Pattern For Tier-I
|General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes|
(Basic Arithmetic Skills)
Note: This examination will consist of Objective Type – Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, II & III There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 – Exam Pattern For Tier-II
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive test of 100 marks.
- Would be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- The duration of the test will be 80 minutes.
- The paper would comprise writing of an Essay (200-250 words) and, Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- It can be taken in either Hindi or English.
The paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates as it is necessary for government jobs. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 %. The performance in Tier-II would be included for preparing merit.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019- Exam Pattern For Tier-III
Tier-III of the Examination is a skill test/ typing test which is qualifying in nature. It is conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II).
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer for DEO
- For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): – A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer
- Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/ her choice/ option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019– Detailed Syllabus
SSC CHSL Syllabus – General Intelligence:
Includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. Following are some important topics:
- Semantic Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic Operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing Inferences
- Figural Classification
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Embedded figures
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and De-coding
SSC CHSL Syllabus – English Language:
Following topics are covered:
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Passage
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect Narration
- Shuffling of Sentence Parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a Passage
SSC CHSL Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular
Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems
only) Standard Identities like sin²? + Cos²?=1 etc.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
SSC CHSL Syllabus – General Awareness:
Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
We hope you find this SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019 blog useful for your preparation. Stay tuned with Oliveboard for more such blogs.
We have brought you one of the best courses for SSC CGL exam preparation, SSC CGL Brahmastra – An Online Preparation Course. The SSC CGL Brahmastra Course for 2019-20 is one of the most comprehensive online coaching for the CGL Exam preparation. The SSC CGL Online course will be beneficial to all, especially to those who do not have access to the coaching classes.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group
- Download BOLT – FREE monthly general awareness Ebook
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test