SSC CHSL Notification 2022 Out – The SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level ( SSC CHSL ) is a nationwide exam conducted for the recruitment to the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistants (PA / SA) in various central government departments and ministries. SSC has released the SSC CHSL Notification 2022 today on 6th December 2022. Read further to know complete details.
Table of Contents
- SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Official Notice
- SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Important dates
- SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Vacancy
- SSC CHSL 2022 Eligibility
- SSC CHSL Application Form 2022 | Steps to Apply
- SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Exam Pattern
- SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Syllabus
- SSC CHSL Salary & Payscale
SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Official Notice
SSC on 6th November 2022 has released the SSC CHSL 2022 Notification. Approximately 4500 vacancies has been announced for this year’s SSC CHSL Exam.
SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Important dates
|Date of release of notification||6th December 2022|
|Dates for submission of online applications||From 6th December 2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||04-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||05-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for the generation of offline Challan||To be notified|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ and |
online payment of Correction Charges.
|09-01-2023 to 10-01-2023 (23:00)|
|Schedule of Computer-Based Examination (Tier-I)||Feb-Mar, 2023|
|Dates of Tier-I Examination||To be notified later|
SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Vacancy
Tentative vacancies: There are approx. 4500 vacancies. However, firm vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancies, if any, along with Post-wise & category-wise vacancies will be made available on the website of the Commission.
SSC CHSL 2022 Eligibility
SSC CHSL Eligibility 2022 is as follows :
Age limit (As on 01-01-2022)
A candidate has to fulfil the following age criteria.
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Maximum Age – 27 years
There is a provision of relaxation in the upper age limit as follows.
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD SC/ ST||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Candidates who had domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|10||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government civilian employees who have rendered 3 or more years of regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/Divorced women or judicially separated women and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
Essential Educational Qualifications (Crucial date to be announced)
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, and DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- The candidates must possess essential qualifications on or before the closing date for receipt of online applications.
SSC CHSL Application Form 2022 | Steps to Apply
You can apply for the SSC CHSL exam by following the steps below:
- Visit the SSC official website – https://ssc.nic.in/
- Next click on the tab “Apply.” Now click on the “Combined Higher Secondary Level” exam.
- After filling in all the required information, it will generate the registration number and password.
- Next, fill in the required personal details and educational qualifications.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport-size photograph and signature.
- Now, You can select any three examination centres within the same region
- Carefully verify the information when you have completed the form. Once you submit the form, it’s final and you can’t make any further changes to the application form
- Finally, pay the application fee.
Documents required during form-filling
The following documents should be kept at hand so that the form-filling is smooth and uninterrupted.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s signature (of a size 1 kb – 12 kb) in JPG format.
- A scanned copy of a passport-sized photograph of the candidate that is not more than three months old from the date of notification of the examination (size 20 kb – 50 kb) in JPG format. The date of when the photograph was taken should be typed and be clearly visible on the photograph and on its scanned version too.
- Valid e-mail ID of the candidate for the purpose of registration and all related correspondence.
- Valid ID proof of the candidate.
SSC CHSL 2022 Application Fee
Application fees for SSC CHSL needs to paid online. Application forms without application fees (wherever applicable) will be rejected immediately. The application fees for the various categories are as follows:
|Male (General/OBC)||₹ 100|
|Female (All Category)||Exempted (No fees)|
|SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen||Exempted (No fees)|
SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Exam Pattern
Check the complete SSC CHSL Exam Pattern below :
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- Total time of 60 minutes is there.
- The Tier-I Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set in English and Hindi for Part-II, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL exam pattern has been changed this year, find the updated exam pattern below.
|Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
& 15 minutes)
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
|1 hour (for each section) (1 hour & 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
Module-I: English Language & Comprehension
Module-II: General Awareness
Total = 60
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
|15 Minutes (20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
Module-II: Skill Test/ Typing Test Module
|Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.||–||15 Minutes (20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
|Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA.||–||10 Minutes (15 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe as per Para-8.1 and 8.2)|
*For the visually handicapped (40% disability) the test duration is 30 minutes.
Points to mention –
- Tier-II will be conducted in two sessions – Session –I & Session-II, on same day. Session-I will include conducting of Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Session-II will include conducting of Module-II of Section-III.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Tier-II.
- Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III. The questions will be set in English and Hindi except for Module-II (i.e. English Language and Comprehension module) in Section-II.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
Module-II of Section-III i.e. Skill Test/ Typing Test:
- Module-II of Section-III will include conducting of Skill Test/ Typing Test in Session-II on the same day.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
Skill test/Typing test will be conducted as per the following scheme.
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
- Part A -Skill Test for the post of DEO/ DEO Grade ‘A – ‘Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (Eight Thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the
- Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. The passage to be entered in the Computer may also be displayed on the computer screen.
- Part B – Typing Test for other posts i.e. LDC/ JSA: The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi or English. The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form.
SSC CHSL Notification 2022 | Syllabus
The syllabus for all tiers is as follows :
SSC CHSL Tier I Syllabus
|General Intelligence||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures and Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Surds and Indices||Miscellaneous||Economy|
|Coded Inequalities||Work and Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time and Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence and Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination and Probability|
Take a Free Mock Test Here
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
|Mathematical Abilities||Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and|
Fractions, Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and
Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary
surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts:
Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere,
Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary
angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2𝜃 + Cos2𝜃=1 etc.
Statistics and probability: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram,
Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central
tendency: mean, median, mode, standard deviation; calculation of simple probabilities
|(Reasoning and General Intelligence||Questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. These will include|
questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic
Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification,
Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Numerical operations, Other subtopics, if any
|(English Language And Comprehension||Vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and their correct usage; Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage. To test comprehension, two or more paragraphs will be given and questions based on those will be asked. At least one paragraph should be a simple one based on a book or a story and the other paragraph should be based on current affairs editorial or a report.|
|General Awareness||Questions are designed to test the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around them and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.|
|Computer Proficiency||Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit|
(CPU), input/ output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back- up devices, PORTs, Windows Explorer, Keyboard shortcuts
Software: Windows Operating system including basics of Microsoft
Office like MS word, MS Excel and Power Point etc..
Working with Internet and e-mails: Web Browsing & Searching,
Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, e-Banking.
Basics of networking and cyber security: Networking devices and
protocols, Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan etc.) and preventive measures.
SSC CHSL Salary & Payscale
The modified salary structure for the different posts under the SSC CHSL exam, after implementation of the Seventh Pay Commission recommendations, is as follows.
|Post||Basic pay||HRA||TA||Gross salary||In hand|
|DEO – I||25500||6120||3600||35220||31045|
|DEO – II||25500||4080||1800||31380||27205|
|DEO – III||25500||2040||1800||29340||25165|
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC CHSL 2022 Notification has been released on 6th December 2022
The age limit for SSC CHSL is 18-27 years.
The age limit is 18-27 years. The candidate must have passed 12th Standard in the Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
Application fees for SSC CHSL is Rs 100 for males (General/OBC). All other categories and women of all categories are exempt from paying fees
4500+ vacancies has been announced for SSC CHSL 2022.
I have been creating exam related content for 3 years now. Having appeared for UPSC, SSC, Railway and Banking Exams myself, I understand and create relevant content, important from exams point of view. I am currently creating content for SSC, Railway, J&K and Law entrance exams. During my free time, I love bingewatching shows or read novels.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series