Table of Contents
UGC NET Syllabus 2023
UGC NET Syllabus 2023: The UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The purpose is to determine the eligibility of candidates for the role of Assistant Professor and the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges. The exam is conducted twice a year, usually in the months of June and December.
UGC NET 2023 June will be held from 13th to 22nd June. The application process started on 10th May 2023 and will close on 31st May 2023. The following article details the syllabus and exam pattern for the UGC NET exam.
UGC NET Syllabus 2023 – Overview
|Examination conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Name of the Examination||UGC- NET|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Frequency of Examination||Twice a year|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree with minimum 55 percent marks|
|Age Limit||JRF- 30 Years or below Assistant Professor-No age limit|
|Official website||Click Here|
|Commencement of Registration process||10th May 2023|
|Last date of submission||31st May 2023|
|Correction window||2nd – 3rd June 2023 (up to 11.59 PM)|
|Announcement of city of exam center||First week of June 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||Second week of June 2023|
|UGC NET 2023 Exam Date||13th to 22nd June 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||TBA|
|Announcement of Results||TBA|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2023
As per the notification the exam pattern for UGC NET is as follows:
Important Points to Remember
Here are a few important points to remember
- Each correct answer in Papers 1 & 2 will be awarded 2 marks.
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers in UGC NET 2023 exam.
- Unanswered or Marked for Review questions will not be awarded any marks.
- All questions in the exam are mandatory and must be attempted.
- If a question is found to be incorrect or ambiguous during the key challenge, candidates who attempted the question and chose one of the correct answers will be awarded credit. If any question is dropped, marks will be awarded to all candidates.
UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Paper 1
The following topics are tested for Paper 1 of UGC NET:
- Teaching Aptitude: This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of teaching methods, teaching skills, classroom management, and pedagogical techniques.
- Research Aptitude: This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of research methodology, research design, and data analysis.
- Comprehension: This section tests the candidate’s ability to comprehend and analyze a given passage.
- Communication: This section tests the candidate’s communication skills, including reading comprehension, writing ability, and speaking skills.
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude: This section tests the candidate’s mathematical skills, including basic arithmetic, algebra, and geometry.
- Logical Reasoning: This section tests the candidate’s logical reasoning and analytical skills.
- Data Interpretation: This section tests the candidate’s ability to interpret data and draw conclusions.
UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Paper 2
The UGC NET Syllabus 2023 for Paper 2 covers a wide range of topics that are specific to the subject chosen by the candidate. The syllabus includes topics like research and teaching aptitude, reasoning ability, data interpretation, communication, and more. The paper consists of 100 questions, with each question carrying 2 marks.
It is important for candidates to thoroughly understand the syllabus to prepare effectively for the exam. A comprehensive study plan and regular practice can help candidates to excel in the exam and qualify for the coveted Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Assistant Professorship.
|Subject Code||Subject||Syllabus [in English]||Syllabus [in Hindi]|
|01||Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ |
Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics
|11||Defence and Strategic Studies||Download||Download|
|17||Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./|
Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
|39||French (French Version)||Download||Download|
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.||Download||Download|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Download||Download|
|55||Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/|
Human Resource Management
|59||Library and Information Science||Download||Download|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies||Download||Download|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions||Download||Download|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Download||Download|
|65||Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre||Download||Download|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Download||Download|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/Literature||Download||Download|
|73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ |
Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/
Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)||Download||Download|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Download||Download|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Download||Download|
|90||Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/|
Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies,
South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Download||Download|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management.||Download||Download|
UGC NET Syllabus 2023 – Conclusion
In conclusion, the UGC NET Syllabus 2023 covers a vast array of topics that are specific to the subject chosen by the candidate. The syllabus aims to assess the research and teaching aptitude of candidates, their reasoning abilities, data interpretation skills, and communication abilities.
It is crucial for candidates to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and to prepare accordingly. A well-planned study schedule, regular practice, and in-depth understanding of the subject matter can help candidates to excel in the exam and achieve their goal of qualifying for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Assistant Professorship. With dedication and hard work, candidates can crack the UGC NET 2023 and embark on a rewarding career in academia.
UGC NET Syllabus 2023 – FAQs
Ans. Ans: The eligibility criteria for appearing in the UGC NET exam is a Master’s degree or equivalent degree from a recognized university with at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD/Transgender candidates). Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent degree can also apply for UGC NET 2023.
Ans. Ans: There is no age limit for appearing in the UGC NET exam. However, for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), the age of the candidate should not be more than 31 years
Ans. The mode of examination for UGC NET 2023 is Computer Based Test (CBT).
Ans. Yes, candidates can apply for more than one subject in the UGC NET exam. However, they need to fill a separate application form for each subject and pay the application fee separately.
|UGC NET Notification 2023||UGC NET Application Form 2023||UGC NET Exam Date 2023|
|UGC NET Eligibility 2023||UGC NET Salary 2023||UGC NET Admit Card 2023|
- UGC NET Exam Date 2023 December Out, Know the Schedule
- UGC NET Notification for December 2023, Download PDF
- UGC NET Result 2023 Out for June Cycle, Direct Link to Check
- UGC NET Salary 2023, Check in Hand Salary, Job Profile and Allowances
- UGC NET Cut Off 2023, Check Previous Year Cut Offs
- UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2023, Check Age Limit, Relaxation and Educational Qualification
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.