About Karnataka PSI Exam
The Karnataka State Police Department is the law enforcement agency for the Indian state of Karnataka. The department is headed by the Director-General and Inspector General of Police. The exam is conducted for recruiting police sub-inspectors for the various districts in Karnataka.
Karnataka PSI Notification
Karnataka State Police (KSP) has announced notification for the recruitment of Police Sub Inspector (Civil) vacancies on March 05, 2021, @recruitment.ksp.gov.in. Candidates who have completed graduation and are interested in Karnataka PSI can apply online from April 01, 2021. A total of 402 vacancies have been released officially for this recruitment. As per the extension notice released again, the online application has been extended to 7th July 2021. For those candidates who are interested in police recruitment, this is a great opportunity to apply.
Karnataka PSI Exam- Overview
|Department Name||Karnataka State Police Department|
|Name of Post||Police Sub Inspector (PSI)|
|Application Commencement Date||23 January to 22 February 2021|
|Exam Date||14 November 2021|
|KSP PSI Call Letter Available From||15 days before the exam date|
Karnataka Police Sub Inspector - Important Dates
|Apply Online Start Date||1st April 2021|
|Apply Online Last Date||7th July 2021|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee||9th July 2021|
Karnataka PSI Mock Tests
Karnataka PSI Mock tests have the following features:
- 20 Full-Length Mock Test in the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- Know your Strong & Weak Areas
- Study materials are prepared by the subject-matter experts
Karnataka PSI Exam - Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates holding a Graduation Degree are eligible to apply.
For Direct Recruitment:
Karnataka PSI Application Fees
- For GM & OBC (2A, 2B, 3A, 3B): Rs. 500/-
- For SC, ST, CAT-01: Rs. 250/-
Application Process for Karnataka PSI 2021
- The online registration process will be active till July 7th, 2021.
- Register by creating a username and email id.
- Go to the Login Page
- Complete the application form by filling in all the details: credentials, email address, phone number, Education qualifications, and other contact details
- Upload signature, photograph, and required certificates
- Make payment and Submit
- Save the Application form for future reference.
Karnataka PSI Exam Pattern
The KSP Police Sub Inspector Exam will be of two types viz. Descriptive Type & Objective Type. The Descriptive type exam will have 50 marks while the objective type exam carries 150 marks. The time allotment for KSP PSI Exam is 1 Hr 30 Mins for each test.
KSP PSI Paper Pattern (Descriptive Test)
|Paper 1||Essay Writing (600 words)||20||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Translation from English to Kannada and Vice Versa||10+10|
KSP PSI Paper Pattern (Objective Type Test)
|Paper 2||Mental Ability and Current Affairs||150||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
Note: 1/4th marks will be deducted for the wrong answer
Karnataka PSI Salary
Karnataka PSI Salary is in the range of Rs. 37,900 to Rs. 70850/- per month
Karnataka Police Sub Inspector Selection Criteria
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a written exam, endurance test and physical standard test.
|For PST||Category||Height||Chest||Weight |
| ||Male||168 cm||86 cm (5cm Expansion)||–|
| ||Service Candidates||168 cm||86 cm (5cm Expansion)||–|
| ||Female||157 cm||Not Applicable||45 kgs|
|For ET||Race/ Running||Long Jump (3 Chance)||Shot Put (3 Chance)||High Jump (3 Chance)|
|Male||1600 meters in 7 minutes||3.80 meters||5.60 meters (7.26 kg)||1.20 meters|
|Ex-Serviceman & Female||400 meters in 2 minutes 10 Sec||2.50 meters||3.75 meters (4 kg)||0.90 meters|
Karnataka PSI Recruitment 2021- Vacancy
|Police Sub Inspector (Civil) – 402 Posts||402|
Karnataka PSI Syllabus
Karnataka PSI Syllabus for Mental Ability
- Problems on Trains.
- Ratios and Proportion.
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Pipes and Cisterns.
- Problems on Ages.
- Data Interpretation.
- Mixture and Allegation.
- Boats and Streams.
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Time and Work.
- Number System.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time and Distance.
- Clocks and Calendars.
Karnataka PSI Syllabus for Current Affairs
- General Policy.
- Countries and Capitals.
- International and National Organizations.
- Science and Technology.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
- Important Days.
- Indian History.
- Books and Authors.
- Awards and Honors.
- Capitals of India.
- Indian Economy.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- GK – National and International.
- Indian National Movement.
14 November 2021