SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Admit Cards Out on 26th July 2023! The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) 2023 notification for the post of SEBI Grade A Officer (Assistant Manager) was released on 22nd June 2023 for Legal Stream. SEBI releases the notification for various other streams as well. Last year, a total of 120 vacancies were announced for the streams of General (80), Legal (16), Information Technology (14), Research (7), and Official Language (3). For the year 2023, only legal stream vacancies have been released and all other stream vacancies are expected to be released soon.
- A total of 25 vacancies have been released for the legal stream this year. The vacancies in General, IT, Research, and Official Language are expected to be released soon.
- The candidates could apply from 22nd June 2023 to 9th July 2023 for the Legal Stream.
Download SEBI Grade A 2023 Legal Officer Notification
SEBI Grade A Latest Updates 2023
26th July 2023: SEBI Grade A Legal Officer Phase 1 Admit Cards Out!
The candidates who will be appearing in the Phase 1 Exam of SEBI for the legal post must note that the call letters have been released. The candidates can download the call letters from the direct link given below.
Direct link to Download SEBI Grade A Call Letter
Download SEBI Grade A Information Handout for Phase 1
SEBI Grade A 2023 Exam Overview
Here are the complete details of the SEBI Grade A 2023 exam followed by the 2022 exam:
1. SEBI Grade A Recruitment Notification 2023
Read on to know all the important details given in SEBI Grade A 2023 Notification. All the important dates, online application forms, eligibility criteria, application fees, selection process, exam pattern, etc have been given for your reference.
|Conducting Authority||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|Posts (Streams)||General, Legal, Information Technology (IT), Research and Official Language||Legal|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Online Application||January 05, 2022, to January 24, 2022||22nd June 2023 to 9th July 2023|
|SEBI Grade A Phase 1 (Prelims) Exam Date||February 20, 2022||5th August 2023|
|SEBI Grade A Phase 2 (Mains) Exam Date||All Streams: March 20, 2022, IT: April 03, 2022||9th September 2023|
|Mode of Selection||Prelims (Paper 1 & Paper 2), Mains (Paper 1 & Paper 2), Interview|
|SEBI Grade A Total Vacancy||120||25|
Download SEBI Grade A 2022 Notification PDF Here (All Streams)
download SEBI Grade A 2023 Legal Officer Notification (Legal Stream)
2. SEBI Grade A 2023 Important Dates
Here are SEBI Grade A 2022 and 2023 online application start dates and exam dates for Phase 1, Phase 2, and Interview.
|Event||Dates 2022||Dates 2023 (Legal Stream)|
|Application Start Date||January 05, 2022||22nd June 2023|
|Application End Date||January 24, 2022||9th July 2023|
|Phase 1 Online Exam Date||February 20, 2022||5th August 2023|
|Phase 2 Online Exam Date||All Streams: March 20, 2022|
IT: April 03, 2022
|9th September 2023|
|Phase 3 - Interview||Call Letters were released on the 26th of April 2022||To be Notified|
Also, check out SEBI Grade A Previous Year Cut Offs
3. SEBI Grade A Vacancy 2023
For 2023, a total of 25 vacancies have been released for the legal stream. Based on Previous Year Vacancies, you can expect 100 + vacancies for 2023 for all other streams to be released soon. In 2022, there were a total of 120 vacancies announced for the SEBI Grade A Officers (Assistant Managers). The details of the vacancies for various posts announced are given below.
3.1. SEBI Grade A Stream-Wise Vacancy
|Stream/Post||2022 Vacancies||2023 Vacancies (Legal)|
|Information Technology (IT)||14||TBA|
3.2. SEBI Grade A Category-Wise Vacancies 2023
|Information Technology (IT)||-||-||-||-||-||TBA|
4. SEBI Grade A Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Age Limit & Educational Qualifications
Let's know more about the SEBI Grade A 2023 eligibility criteria for all the streams/posts here.
4.1. SEBI Grade A Officer – Age Limit (as of 31st May 2023)
A candidate must not have exceeded the age of 30 years as of May 31, 2023, i.e., the candidate must have been born on or after June 01, 1993.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
|Other Backward Classes(OBC), Non-Creamy layer (OBC-NCL)||3 years|
|The person with disabilities(General)||10 years|
|The person with disabilities (SC/ST)||15 years|
|The person with disabilities (OBC)||13 years|
|Ex-Service-men/ Disabled Ex-Service-men||5 years|
4.2. SEBI Grade A Educational Qualifications – For All Streams
The candidates must note that only Legal Stream Vacancies have been released as of now for 2023 and all other streams will be released soon. We have updated the qualification for all the streams below.
|1. General||Master's Degree in any discipline, or Bachelor's Degree in Law, or|
Bachelors' Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, CA / CFA / CS / CWA.
|2. Legal||BMasterachelor's Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|3. Information Technology||Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Information Technology / Computer Science) or|
Masters in computer application or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a postgraduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in Computers / Information Technology.
|4. Research||Master's Degree in Statistics/ Economics / Commerce / Business Administration (Finance) / Econometrics from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|5. Official Language||Master's Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at the bachelor's degree level or|
Master's Degree in Sanskrit / English / Economics / Commerce with Hindi as a subject at the bachelor's degree level from a recognized University/Institute.
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria, apply asap for the exam, and start preparing.
Check Out SEBI Grade A Previous Year Cut Offs
5. SEBI Grade A Apply Online 2023
The SEBI Grade A Application form was available on the website from 22nd June 2023 for the Legal Stream. Check your eligibility before you apply. Click on the link below to apply for the exam.
Direct Link to Apply for SEBI Grade A 2023 Legal Officer
5.1 SEBI Grade A Apply Online 2023
Please check the SEBI Grade A eligibility criteria (both age criteria as well as educational qualification criteria) to understand them better and apply accordingly.
5.1.1 How to Fill out the SEBI Grade A 2023 Application Form?
Detailed Guidelines/Procedures for
- Application Registration
- Payment of Fees
- Uploading of Photograph
- Uploading of Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and Handwriting declaration
5.1.1. Application Registration
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under the Guidelines for uploading of photograph & signature scan.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having a left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying)
- Scan the handwriting declaration ensuring that the document adheres to the required specifications as given under the Guidelines for uploading handwriting The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows:
"I, (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true, and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required."
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile number, which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process.
5.1.2. Application Procedure
- Use the link given above to redirect you to the application page.
- To register an application, choose the tab "CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION". Enter your Name, Contact details, and Email-ID.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password.
- An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case you are unable to complete the application form in one go, you can save the data already entered by choosing the "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Before submission of the online application, use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- You are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the "FINAL SUBMIT" BUTTON.
- Your name and the name of your Father/ Husband etc. should be spelled correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the "VALIDATE YOUR DETAILS" and "SAVE & NEXT" buttons.
- You can proceed to upload a Photo, Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and handwriting declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines detailed under point "C" given below.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before "FINAL SUBMIT".
- Modify details, if required, and click on "FINAL SUBMIT" only after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on the "PAYMENT" Tab and proceed with payment.
- Click on the "SUBMIT" button.
Also check out SEBI Grade A Salary & Job Profile
5.1.3. Payment of Fees.
You have to pay the requisite fees/intimation charges only the ON-LINE Mode.
|Category of Applicant||Amount of Fee (Non-refundable)|
|Unreserved/OBC/EWSs||₹1000/- as application fee cum intimation charges|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD||₹100/- as intimation charges|
Guidelines for upload of the photograph, signature, left thumb impression & handwriting declaration.
5.1.4. Photograph Image.
- The photograph must be a recent passport-size colour picture (4.5cm × 5cm)
- The picture should be in color, against a light-colored.
- The size of the file should be between 20kb-50kb.
5.1.5. The Signature, Left thumb, and Handwritten Declaration
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink
- The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on white paper with black or blue.
- The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on white paper with black ink.
- The size of the file should be between 10 kb – and 20 kb for the signature and left thumb.
- For handwriting declaration size of the file should be 20kb – 50 kb.
Now that you have filled out the SEBI Grade A 2022 form, start your preparations ASAP.
6. SEBI Grade A 2023 Selection Process for Grade A Officers
For all the streams, the selection process consists of three stages.
- Phase 1 (Prelims),
- Phase 2 (Mains), &
- Phase 3 – Interview.
7. SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023
Below we have mentioned the exam pattern for all the streams.
7.1.1. SEBI Grade A 2023 Phase 1 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
(of screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each),
- Paper 1 – 100 Marks – 60 Mins – 30% cutoff
- Paper 2 – 100 Marks – 40 Mins – 40% cutoff
|Paper||Streams/Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration ||Cut-off|
|Paper 1||All Streams: MCQs on the subjects viz.|
1. General Awareness (including some questions related to the Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level),
2. English Language,
4. Aptitude Test of Reasoning.
|Paper 2 ||General Stream:|
Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics
Legal, Information Technology & Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to the stream.
Research Stream: – Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.
|Aggregate Cut-off|| || || –||–||40%|
Important Pointers to note about the phase 1 exam pattern:
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase 1.
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase 1.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-offs in each paper as mentioned above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in the Phase 1 exam to be shortlisted for Phase 2.
- Marks obtained in Phase 1 shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for the Phase 2 examination process and will not be counted for the final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned all the candidates who clear Phase 1 shall be shortlisted for Phase 2. A list of candidates shortlisted for Phase 2 will be made available on the SEBI website.
6.2.2. SEBI Grade A 2023 Phase 2 Exam Pattern (Mains)
(Online examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each)
- Paper 1 – 100 Marks – 60 Mins – 30% cutoff
- Paper 2 – 100 Marks – 40 Mins – 40% cutoff
(Descriptive Test) to
test the drafting skills
on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act, and Economics.
|Legal & Official Language Stream:|
Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to the stream.
Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce
|Information Technology Stream: Coding Test (Languages: C++/JAVA/Python)||100||180 Minutes||40%||2/3rd|
Important Pointers to note about the Phase 2 exam pattern:
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase 2 will be issued new Hall Tickets.
- For candidates who have applied in multiple streams, Paper 2 will be conducted in various shifts, the timings of which will be intimated in the Hall Ticket. Paper 2 of the IT stream shall be held separately on April 03, 2022.
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase 2 (except IT stream).
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase 2.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-offs in each paper as mentioned at (iv) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 50% in the Phase 2 exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase 3.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (v) above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase 3 i.e. the Interview. A list of candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be made available on the SEBI website.
- All question papers (in both Phases, except the test of English) will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
6.1.3. SEBI Grade A 2023 Phase 3 (Interview)
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase 2 and Interview. Candidates may opt for an interview either in Hindi or English. The weightage of marks obtained in Phase 2 will be 85%, while marks obtained in the interview shall be given a weightage of 15%.
- SEBI reserves the right to modify the selection procedure if deemed fit.
7. SEBI Grade A Salary 2023
Let's talk about the remuneration for a SEBI Grade A Officer here.
7.1. SEBI Grade A Officer Pay Scale
The pre-revised pay scale of officers in Grade A is Rs 44500-2500(4)-54500-2850(7)-74450-EB-2850(4)-85850-3300(1)-89150 (17 years).
7.2. SEBI Grade A Officer Gross Monthly Emoluments and In-hand Salary
The gross emoluments are approx. ₹1,49,500/- p.m. without accommodation and ₹1,11,000/- p.m. with accommodation. This amount includes NPS Contribution, Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, DA, HRA, etc.
7.3. SEBI Grade A Officer's Other Benefits & Perks
- Leave Fare Concession,
- Medical Expenses,
- Eye Refraction,
- Education Allowance,
- Financial Dailies,
- Book Grant,
- Conveyance Expenses,
- House Cleaning Allowance,
- Staff Furnishing Scheme,
- Scheme for Purchasing Computers,
- Subsidized Lunch Facility and all other benefits as admissible to an Officer in Grade A in SEBI.
7.4. SEBI Grade A Officer's Accommodation Facility
Residential accommodation would be provided subject to availability.
7.5. SEBI Grade A Officer's Posting
The incumbent may be posted and transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices. The recruited officers may be posted to any department of SEBI, irrespective of stream.
7.6. SEBI Grade A Officer's Probation Period
The successful candidates recruited for the post of Officer Grade ‘A' shall undergo probation of two years. The candidates shall be confirmed in the services of SEBI subject to their satisfactory performance during the probation period.
8. SEBI Grade A Exam Centers 2023
8.1. SEBI Grade A Phase 1 (Prelims) Exam Centers
Phase 1 online examination will be held at the following centers:
|Agartala||Hyderabad/ Rangareddy||New Delhi/NCR|
|Chandigarh/ Mohali||Kolkata/ Greater Kolkata||Ranchi|
|Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar (Aurangabad)||Madurai||Silchar|
|Dehradun||Mumbai/Greater Mumbai/Navi Mumbai/Thane/MMR region||Surat|
|Hubli – Dharwad||Naharlagun|
8.2. SEBI Grade A Phase 2 (Mains) Exam Centers
The Phase 2 online exam will be held in the following cities:
|Chennai||Mumbai/Greater Mumbai/Navi Mumbai/Thane/MMR region||Varanasi|
|Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar (Aurangabad)|
Download FREE Ebooks on Government Schemes for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 1 - Download
FREE Ebook on Top 10 Govt Schemes from Ministry of Agriculture: Part 2 - Download
Download Top 5 Government Schemes From the Ministry of Education
Download the Free Ebook on Top 6 Govt. Schemes from the Ministry of Finance
Ebook on Top 5 Initiatives of NITI Aayog - Download FREE
FREE Ebooks on General Awareness, ESI, FM & Miscellaneous Topics for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA - Download
The syllabus of all the regulatory exams is somewhat similar, so practicing and learning from other exam-specific ebooks are also beneficial in the preparation. Here, we have compiled all the latest ebooks that will help you ace the exam.
Free Ebook on Top 40 ARD Questions for NABARD Grade A - Part 1
Download Top 40 ARD Questions for NABARD Grade A - Part 2 FREE Ebook
Download Top 40 ARD Questions FREE Ebook for NABARD Grade A - Part 3
Top 50 Banking & Finance CA for all Regulatory Exams (March-April 2023)
RBI Bolt March 2023 Summary FREE Ebook
Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 1 - Download FREE
Top 100 PIB Current Affairs MCQs for RBI Grade B 2023: Part 2 - Download FREE
FREE Ebook on Introduction to Management
FREE Ebook on Indian Agriculture
Insurance Sector in India FREE Ebook
International Economic Institutions FREE Ebook
Download FREE Ebooks on QRE (Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English) for all Regulatory Exams: IRDAI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, SEBI, IFSCA
The candidates must make a note that we have drafted the content for RBI Grade B 2023 Exam like Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B, Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B but practicing them for other regulatory exams will benefit your preparation level, so download all the ebooks for FREE and enhance your preparation.
Ebooks on Quantitative Aptitude
Download Free Ebook on Top 50 Quants Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
Top 25 Number Series Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE
Most Repetitive Quants Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE Ebook
Ebooks on Reasoning
Download Free Ebook on Top 50 Reasoning Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
Most Repetitive Reasoning Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE Ebook
Top 25 Puzzle Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
Top 25 Syllogism Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
Ebooks on the English Language
Download Free Ebook on Top 50 English Questions for IRDAI Assistant Manager
Most Repetitive English Questions for RBI Grade B 2023 - Download FREE Ebook
FREE Ebook on Top 25 Subject Verb Agreement Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download
Ebook on Top 20 Para Jumble Questions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE
Top 100 Idioms & Phrases for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
Top 135 One Word Substitutions for RBI Grade B 2023: Download FREE Ebook
If you are preparing for Regulatory Exams, then do not forget to check out all the blogs on the regulatory exams. Check Regulatory Exam Blogs.
Get Daily FREE Material for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager - Join Oliveboard's Regulatory Exam Telegram Channel
Do not forget to check out all the videos for RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A, SEBI Grade A, IFSCA Grade A, and SIDBI Grade A, IRDAI Assistant Manager- Subscribe to Oliveboard's Regulatory Exam Youtube Channel
5th August 2023 (Phase 1 Legal), 9th September 2023 (Phase 2 Legal)