About SSC Stenographer Exam
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) was established in 1975. It conducts exams like SSC Stenographer, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, etc for recruitment of Officers in Group B & Group C. The Staff Selection Commission will hold an Open Competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade "C‟ (Group "B‟, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade "D‟ (Group "C‟) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification
SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification was released by the Staff Selection Commission on 20 August 2022. The application process is open from 20 August - 5 September 2022. The exam is scheduled to be held in November 2022. Vacancies will be determined in due course. Candidates are advised not to wait for the last date to apply. Check complete details about SSC Stenographer 2022.
Attempt a Free Mock Test Here
SSC Stenographer Notification 2022 - Important Dates
Some important dates for SSC Notification 2022 are as follows :
|Dates for submission of online applications||20 August 2022 to 05 September 2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||05 September 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||05 September 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||06 September 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||06 September 2022|
|Date of "Window for Application Form Correction‟ and online payment of Correction Charges.||07 September 2022 (11 pm)|
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination||November 2022|
SSC Stenographer Mock Test 2022
SSC Stenographer Mock Test 2022 series have the following features:
- The mock test series consists of 10 SSC Stenographer Mock Tests
- This mock test series is created by Subject matter experts
- Get expert Guidance with our AI-Coach
- Analyse your performance using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas
Attempt a Free Mock Test Here
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer Recruitment Examinations will have 2 stages - Online Computer Based Exam & Skill Test.
Online Computer Based Exam Pattern
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|3||English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
Note - (Total time will be 2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe)
There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Skill Test – Pattern
The candidates who are shortlisted in the Computer Based Examination will be required to appear in the Skill Test for Stenography, which includes –
- Dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the online Application Form) at the speed of 100 words per minute (wpm) for the post of Stenographer Grade "C" and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade "D".
- The matter will have to be transcribed on a computer. The transcription time is as follows:
|Sl. No.||Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in minutes)||Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe in the CBE |
|1||Stenographer Grade "D"||English||50||70|
|2||Stenographer Grade "D"||Hindi||65||90|
|3||Stenographer Grade "C"||English||40||55|
|4||Stenographer Grade "C"||Hindi||55||75|
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
Syllabus of SSC Stenographer is as follows :
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences
- Space Visualization
- Problem Solving
- Analysis & Judgment
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Discriminating Observation
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure classification
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series and more.
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
- These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
English Language & Comprehension
In addition to the testing of candidates' understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
Various Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer 2022 are as follows :
- Stenographer Grade C: 18 to 30 years as on 01 January 2022 i.e. candidates born not before 02 January 1992 and not later than 01 January 2004 are eligible to apply.
- Stenographer Grade D: 18 to 27 years as on 01 January 2022 i.e. candidates born not before 02 January 1995 and not later than 01 January 2004 are eligible to apply.
Minimum Education Qualification - Candidate must have cleared the 12th (HSC) Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University. Candidates who have not acquired the essential qualification as on 5 September 2022 will not be eligible and need not apply.
Know more about SSC Stenographer Eligibility here
SSC Stenographer Vacancy Details
The actual SSC Stenographer Vacancy numbers have not been announced by SSC yet. They will released in due course of time. Once the Stenographer Grade & Grade D vacancies are declared by SSC, we will update the same here.
SSC Stenographer Application Process
The application process for SSC Stenographer 2022 Recruitment has started from 20 August 2022 & will end on 5 September 2022.
Attempt a Free Mock Test Here
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
|General/ Other Backward Classes/ Economically Weaker Section candidates||INR 100|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Persons with Disabilities/ Ex-servicemen/ Female candidates||No application fees|
How To Apply For SSC Stenographer Exam
- Step 1: Visit ssc.nic.in and click on "Apply" Tab.
- Step 2: Click on Stenographer 'C' & 'D' Tab under
- Step 3: Complete Registration by entering the requested information like name, contact details, parents details, Date of Birth, etc.
- Step 4: Log-in by entering the OTP received on given contact details
- Step 5: Note down the Registration number and Password sent to your mobile number.
- Step 6: Fill all the personal, educational, work experience & any other details requested in the SSC Stenographer Online Application form.
- Step 7: Submit the SSC Stenographer Apply Online Form
- Step 8: Make the Payment - Online or Offline.
This is the complete details about SSC Stenographer Exam. Keep checking this space for the latest details about the exam.
SSC Stenographer 'C' and 'D' 2022 Result
Download the SSC Stenographer 2022 Result
SSC has released the Computer-based test result for the Stenographer Grade 'C' and 'D' 2022 on their official website. Shortlisted candidates will appear in the skill test. Candidates can easily download the result from the link mentioned above.
To Be Announced Soon