Bank of Maharashtra AFO Recruitment 2021
Bank of Maharashtra AFO (Agriculture Field Officer) is a specialist post notified by the bank with a total of 100 vacancies and no earlier experience required. The application registration starts on 1st September 2021. The date of the online objective is 31st October 2021. To learn more about the exam, read the blog till the end.
Download The Official Notification PDF Here
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Important Dates
Take a look at the application registration start and end dates and the exam dates for the Bank of Maharashtra AFO exam.
|Commencement date of online application||01.09.2021|
|Last Date of the online application||19.09.2021|
|Date of Online Examination||31st October 2021 (Sunday)|
|Date of GD / Interview||Will be informed separately.|
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Vacancies – Category-Wise
|Name of the Post||Scale||Age|
|Agriculture Field Officer||I||20-30*||15||7||27||10||41||100|
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Age Limit
The minimum age is 20 and the maximum is 30 years. Relaxation for reserved categories shall be applicable as per Govt. guidelines).
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Educational Qualification
4-year Degree (Graduation) in Agriculture / Horticulture / Animal Husbandry / Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/ Fishery Science/ Pisciculture / Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Co-operation & Banking / Agro-Forestry / Forestry / Agricultural Biotechnology / Food Science / Agriculture Business Management / Food Technology / Dairy Technology / Agricultural Engineering / Sericulture.
The minimum required marks of 60% in aggregate of all semesters/years and 55% in aggregate of all semesters/years for SC/ST/OBC/PwBD.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Selection Procedure
The online exam will be conducted by IBPS. Candidates qualifying for this online objective paper will be called for the Interview/GD round in the proportion of 1:4 based on their ranking.
The allocation of marks for online examination and Interviews is each of 100 only, which will be converted into 60:40.
The minimum cut off marks for online examination, interview and the final selection shall be 50% for UR / EWS and 45% for SC / ST / OBC / PwBD.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Exam Pattern – Online Objective Test
Examination consisting of an Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have one section as follows: –
|Sr. No.||Name of Test ||No. of Questions ||Maximum Marks ||Duration|
|01 ||Professional Knowledge. ||50 ||100 ||60 Minutes|
| ||Total ||50 ||100 ||60 Minutes|
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Syllabus
Agriculture: Agronomy, Crops, Agrometeorology, Irrigation Management & Water Management, Soil Science & Water Conservation, Animal Husbandry, Poultry, Agricultural Engineering Horticulture, Preservation of fruits and vegetables, Fisheries, Forestry, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Extension, Plant Physiology, Seed Technology, Plant Pathology, Entomology & Nematology.
Agricultural Finance: Short-term Loans, Medium/Long-terms Loan, Crop Loan and Kisan Credit Card, Agricultural Term Loan, Land Development, Minor Irrigation, Farm Mechanisation, Finance to Horticulture, Land Purchase, Lead Bank Scheme, Agriculture Advances, Advance Against Warehouse, Receipts, Produce Marketing Scheme, Crop Insurance Scheme, Rashtriya Krishi Bima Yojana, Financing of combine harvesters, Financing of Tractors and Old, Tractors, Advance against, Gold//Silver ornaments, River Lift Irrigation Schemes, Forums for Co-ordination, Service Area Approach, State Level Banker's Committee (SLBC), Preparation of Credit Plan.
Government Sponsored Schemes: Important Government Schemes and Current Data, Subsidies of various implements, crop production data.
Financial Inclusion: Financial Literacy, Financial Inclusion by Extension of Banking Services, Use of Business Facilitators and Business Correspondents, Business Facilitator Model, Business Correspondent Model.
Priority Sector Advances: Categories of Priority Sector, Targets/Sub-Target's under Priority sector lending, General Guidelines for Priority Sector Lending, etc.
Contemporary Topics (Current Affairs): Food Security Bill, Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme, MGNREGA, History Of MGNREGA, Features of MGNREGA, Aim of MGNREGA, Stakeholders of MGNREGA, etc.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Online Application
Use the direct apply online link to register yourself for the exam.
Bank Of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Apply Online Link
|Category ||Application Fee/ Intimation Charges ||GST ||Total|
|UR / EWS / OBC ||1000 ||180 ||1180|
|SC / ST ||100 ||18 ||118|
** Fees is exempted for PwBD & Women Candidates.
Before applying online, candidates should:
(i) (a) Scan their photograph, signature, left thumb impression and the handwritten declaration, ensuring that both the photograph and signature, left thumb impression, handwritten declaration adhere to the required specifications as given under guidelines.
(b) Left thumb impression (If a candidate is not having a left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb. If both thumbs are missing, the impression of one of the fingers of the left hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If there are no fingers on the left hand, the impression of one of the fingers of the right hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If no fingers are available, the impression of the left toe may be taken. In all such cases where the left thumb impression is not uploaded, the candidate should specify in the uploaded document the name of the finger and the specification of left/right hand or toe).
(c) A handwritten declaration (text given below). The handwritten declaration has to be in the candidate's handwriting and in English only. If it is written by anybody else and uploaded or in any other language, the application will be considered invalid. (In the case of candidates who cannot write, may get the text of declaration typed and put their left-hand thumb impression (if not able to sign also) below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications.)
The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows –
"I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required."
(d) The above-mentioned handwritten declaration has to be in the candidate's handwriting and in English only and should NOT BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. If it is written by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered invalid.
(e) The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged.
(ii) Have a valid personal e-mail address and mobile number which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying online and must maintain that e-mail account and mobile number.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Salary & Allowances
|The scale of PayScale – I ||Rs. 36000 – (1490/7) – 46430 – (1740/2) – 49910 –(1990/7)- 63840.|
The official will also be eligible for
- H.R.A / Lease rental,
- Medical and other allowances etc. in a Metropolitan centre & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
**Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Joining, Probation, Training, Career Path
The selected candidates will be on probation for the following period from the date of joining the Bank. There is a mandatory provision of executing a service bond by selected candidates.
|Scale||Probation Period||Bond Amount||Minimum Service Period|
|Scale I||24 Months||2 Lakhs||3 Years|
Joining, Training & Career Path
- The selected candidates will be exposed to basic banking knowledge, after joining, through an online course and will have to complete this course before the stipulated date.
- The selected candidates, at the time of joining, will have to execute a Bond for a value of Rs. 02.00 lakh (Rupees Two lakh only) to serve the Bank for a minimum period of two years for Scale II & three years for Scale I. The Bond will be invoked by the Bank if the candidate resigns from the service of the Bank before expiry from the date of joining.
- On joining, the selected candidates will be designated as "Specialist Officers" and will be on probation for one year for Scale II & two years for Scale I.
- They will be subjected to continuous assessment during the probation period.
- Those candidates who qualify in the assessment as per standards determined by the Bank from time to time will be confirmed in the Service of the Bank.
- If any candidate fails to achieve the minimum standards stipulated, his / her services may be terminated from the Bank in force at a significant time. Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in career, including opportunities for posting in various sections.
- The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity for the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Job Profile
1) The work that is expected of an Agriculture Field Officer is listed below: To undertake a survey of the villages in the command area of the allotted branches and identify the potential available for lending to Agriculture and allied activity sectors. To scout Agriculture proposals from the command area villages, identify the needy farmers, explain banks' various credit products and obtain the loan application forms.
2) To arrange credit camps in the villages from the command area of the branch, explain banks' various schemes of Agricultural lending, scrutinize the required papers/documents such as 8A, 7/12 extracts, mutation certificates etc. required for financing and help the farmers in filling up our Loan application forms. Carry out pre-sanction field visits to the field & verify the details given in the application form.
3) To prepare a pre-sanction visit report, appraise the technical feasibility and economic viability of the proposal and submit the same to the Branch Manager along with specific recommendations. Assist the branch in the execution of documents and disbursement of Agriculture loans. To carry out post-sanction visit for verification of end-use of the funds disbursed.
4) To guide the farmers on improved cultivation practices, new high yielding crop varieties, plant protection measures, land development, soil conservation, watershed development, effective use of scarce water resources by adopting appropriate crops and irrigation methods, rainwater harvesting etc. Educate / guidance to farmers on adopting supplementary activities to enhance income like Dairy, Poultry, Piggery, Apiculture (Beekeeping) etc.
5) Explore feasibility for floriculture, horticulture, food processing activities and organize training to set up such activities on a viable basis through bank finance. Identify the additional credit requirements of the farmer and guide them suitably.
6) Maintain liaison with the state Government officials particularly with Agriculture / Horticulture / Animal Husbandry / Fishery and others related to Agriculture and allied activities to know the new activities coming up in the area, and propagate them in the villages. Further to maintain liaison with the Block and District authorities of various Government sponsored schemes for effective implementation.
7) To maintain liaison with Processing industries in the area and follow up for recovery from the sale proceeds such as Sugarcane, Cotton, milk and milk products etc. To collect market information of various Agriculture products and share the same with the farming community. To arrange recovery camps in the command area for recovery of dues.
8) To help the branch information and credit linkage of Self Help Groups and also the formation of Farmers' Clubs. Any other related work for the development of Agriculture, Agriculture lending and recovery. Preparation of agriculture credit plans for the assigned branches. Recovery in NPA accounts, arrangement of recovery camps etc. Submission of eligible crop insurance claims and Coordination with Lead District Manager in respect of the implementation of SLBC guidelines.
This is all from us in this blog post on the Bank of Maharastra AFO recruitment 2021 notification. We hope you could get a fair amount of information after reading it.
Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 Complete Course
To help you ease your preparation for the upcoming Bank of Maharashtra AFO 2021 exam, we have come up with an all-inclusive cracker course that will cater to all preparation needs of the exam. We have made sure to cover the study material for all the topics of agriculture in the form of video lessons, study notes & mock tests.
|Agriculture Video Lessons + Detailed Notes||Complete Current Affairs Coverage including Important Reports on Agriculture |
|Topic-wise tests for each chapter||10 Full-Length Mock Tests|