The Indian Institutes of Management ( IIMs ) conduct the Common Admission Test ( popularly known as CAT ) for admissions to their reputed MBA programme, every year. This year, i.e. CAT 2017, is being conducted by IIM Lucknow.
The CAT is one of the most competitive and challenging examinations in the country. The CAT score is not only accepted by the IIMs but also by other top management institutions in the country. Other top Indian B-schools accepting CAT are IITs, FMS, S P Jain, MDI, and NITIE. All those who aspire to build a rewarding corporate career must appear for the CAT.
CAT 2017 : Important Dates
|Online Registrations ( Commencement )||Wednesday, 9th August 2017|
|Online Registrations ( End )||Wednesday, 20th September 2017|
|Date of Examination||
Sunday, 26th November 2017
CAT 2017 : Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks from recognized University/ Institution.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories must have at least 45% marks.
CAT 2017 : Selection Procedure
The CAT selection procedure consists of the following stages :-
I) CAT Online Test
II) WAT (Writing Ability Test) / Group Discussion by respective institutes
III) PI (Personal Interview) by respective institutes
CAT 2017 : Exam Pattern
The CAT exam consists of the following 3 sections:-
I) Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
II) Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
III) Quantitative Aptitude
Although, the number of questions have not been specified in this year’s notification, the following table gives an approximate based on the CAT 2016 exam.
|Sections||No. of Non- MCQ Questions||No. of MCQ Questions||Total Questions in each Section||Total Time Allotted|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||10||24||34||60|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||7||27||34||60|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||8||24||32||60|
The exam has the following features:
- Sectional time limits ( each section 60 minutes )
- Total exam duration : 180 minutes
- Question types : Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Type In The Answer Type (TITA)
- Penalty : MCQ – 33%, TITA – 0%, Un-attempted – 0%
- No provision of switching between sections
- Online calculator will be available
CAT 2017 : Syllabus
Number Systems, HCF/LCM, Averages, Percentages, Profit & Loss
Simple/Compound Interest, Equations, Inequalities, Complex numbers
Functions, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration, Geometry
Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Mixtures, Set Theory, Speed & Distance
Work & Time, Progressions, Surds & Indices, Logarithms, Ratio & Proportion
Data Tables, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, Other Chart Types, Data Sufficiency, Bar Graphs
Reading Comprehension, Para-jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Vocabulary Based, English Grammar
Sentence Correction, Analogies, Meaning-Usage Match, Verbal / Critical Reasoning
Facts / Inference /Judgement
Cubes & Dice, Blood Relations, Number & Letter Series, Seating Arrangement, Venn Diagrams
Clocks & Calendars, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism
CAT 2017 : Application Process
To register yourself for CAT 2017 follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Log on to the official CAT website: www.iimcat.ac.in and create your user profile.
- Once the registration is successful, your unique CAT 2017 user ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Using this ID, you can fill the CAT application form. You can pay using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- You are also required to upload your photograph, signature and other necessary documents as per the given specifications.
Hope this helps.
All the best.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- IBPS PO Cracker – Enroll Now and get a Huge Discount
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO Assistant Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test