CAT Notification 2021 is released on 01 August 2021. This year, the Exam is being conducted by IIM Ahmadabad. The Indian Institute of Management will conduct a computer-based Common Admission Test 2021 (CAT 2021) on Sunday, 28 November 2021, in three sessions. CAT 2021 will be conducted by IIMs as a prerequisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. In this blog, CAT Notification we will take you through all the important aspects of the Exam like Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application form, Exam Pattern, etc.
- CAT Notification 2021 – Overview
- CAT 2021 – Important Dates
- CAT 2021 Notification | Download Here
- CAT 2021 Online Registration
- CAT Exam Guidelines 2021
- CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- CAT Notification 2021 – Programmes Offered
- CAT Notification 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
- CAT 2021 Application Fees
- CAT 2021 Notification – Test Centres
- CAT 2021 Free Mock Test
- CAT Online Preparation
- CAT 2021 Notification FAQs
CAT Notification 2021 – Overview
|Name of the Exam||Common Admission Test|
|CAT 2021 conducting body||Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad|
|Mode of the CAT Registration 2021||Online|
|CAT Registration Fees||For General Category – Rs 2200|
For Reserved Category – Rs 1100
|Duration of the exam||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Medium of CAT Exam 2021||Exam is conducted in CBT mode|
|CAT 2021 Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
CAT 2021 – Important Dates
CAT 2021 will be held on the last Sunday of November 2021 i.e. November 28, 2021. The CAT 2021 official website specifies the CAT registration last date and the dates for downloading admit card, some CAT mock test releases. Below are common admission test dates to allow all candidates to keep track of all major CAT 2021 exam events.
|CAT 2021 notification announcement||1 August 2021|
|CAT 2021 Form Date||4 August 2021|
|Last Date to submit the CAT Application form||15 September 2021|
|Correction of CAT application form||Fourth Week of September 2021|
|CAT Mock Test 2021||First Week of November 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||27 October 2021|
|CAT Exam Date||November 28, 2021|
|CAT 2021 response sheet and question paper release date||First Week of December 2021|
|Start and end date to challenge the CAT Answer Key 2021||First Week of December 2021|
|Release of Final Answer key of CAT 2021||Second Week of December 2021|
|CAT Result 2021||Second Week of December 2021|
|CAT 2021 Selection Process||April – June 2022|
Free Mock Test For CAT 2021! Yes, It’s For Free ⇒ Attempt Now
CAT 2021 Notification | Download Here
Want To Attempt A Free Mock Test? Take A Free Mock Test Now
CAT 2021 Online Registration
The CAT 2021 registration window opens on 4 August 2021 and will close at 5:00 p.m. on September 15, 2021. The details will be available in the registration guide.
At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any six test cities, as per their preference, from a drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the six preferred cities subject to availability. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city. The candidates can download the admit cards from October 27, 2021, until November 28, 2021.
CAT Exam Guidelines 2021
As per the latest notification released, IIMs are going to conduct the exam in the exam pattern for CAT 2020 entrance examination. The revised duration of the test will be 120 minutes. There will be three sections:
Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 40 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. Also, they will allow the use of a basic on-screen calculator for computation.
Tutorials to understand the format of the test is available on the CAT website from October 2020. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
The relevant sections of the CAT website will be updated by later to reflect changes as per the above announcements and the candidates are advised to check it regularly for further details
Want To Check Your Preparations? Attempt A Free Mock Test Now
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The likely exam pattern for CAT 2021 has two possibilities. Either it will be based on CAT 2020 Pattern to move back to the CAT 2019 pattern.
|CAT 2021 Exam Components||Likely CAT 2021 Pattern (If Covid situation does not improve)||Likely CAT 2021 pattern (If Covid situation improves)|
|Test duration||2 hrs||3 hrs|
|Number Of Shifts||3||2|
|Total questions in VARC||26||34|
|Total Questions in DILR||24||32|
|Total Questions in QA||26||34|
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
CAT Notification 2021 – Programmes Offered
A. Post Graduate Programmes in Management (PGP)
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP||www.iima.ac.in|
|IIM Amritsar||MBA, EMBA, MBA-Business Analytics, MBA-HRM||www.iimamritsar.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPBA||www.iimb.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimbg.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||MBA, MBA (Analytics), MBA (WX)||www.iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, PGP-LSM||www.iimk.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGP, PGP-HRM, PGP (Business Analytics)||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGPX, EPGDSM||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|IIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX, PGPWE||www.iimshillong.ac.in|
|IIM Sirmaur||MBA, MBA (T&HM)||www.iimsirmaur.ac.in|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGPM, PGPM-HR, PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||PGP, PGPEx, PGPDGM||www.iimv.ac.in|
B. Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [Doctoral]
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PhD (FPM)|
|IIM Kashipur||FPM, EFPM|
|IIM Kozhikode||Ph.D., Ph.D. (PT)|
|IIM Raipur||FPM/ PhD, EFPM|
|IIM Ranchi||Ph.D., EPhD|
|IIM Rohtak||Ph.D., Part-Time FPM|
|IIM Sambalpur||Ph.D., E PhD|
|IIM Shillong||Ph.D., PhDWP|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||FPM, E-FPM|
CAT Notification 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s the degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process.
CAT 2021 Application Fees
PAYMENT OF CAT REGISTRATION FEE
- ₹1100 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- ₹2200 for all other candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay the registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
CAT 2021 Notification – Test Centres
CAT will be conducted in centres spread across around 156 test cities. Test cities will be mentioned on the CAT website and the name of the test centre will be indicated in the Admit Card. IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre/city and/or change the test time and date at their discretion.
CAT 2021 Free Mock Test
You can get a CAT 2021 Free Mock Test by creating a free account on Oliveboard. As you log in to your Oliveboard dashboard, you’ll be able to attempt 1 Full and multiple sectional & topic tests for free.
Take CAT 2021 Free Mock Test here.
What Do We Have In Cart For You?
- 10 Mock Tests
- Unlimited Online Tests with 10,000+ Questions & Detailed Solutions
This is all from us in this blog “CAT 2021 Notification”. We will update you with the direct link to apply online link for the CAT Exam 2021. Stay tuned to Oliveboard for more Updates on CAT 2021 Exam as well as other MBA Entrance Exams to be conducted this year.
CAT Online Preparation
CAT 2021 Coaching
CAT 2021 Coaching at Oliveboard help you master the 3 aspects of learning, practice and analysis. Here are the details.
- Learn Concepts
- Practice Tests
- Improve Your Scores
CAT 2021 Booklist
Learning resources like books are a great way to stay involved while preparing for CAT. Here are the CAT 2021 Booklist
CAT Books For Quantitative Ability:
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
This book is very popular among CAT aspirants and really easy and simple to understand. The USP of this book is that it has 3 levels of difficulty for each topic and builds your concepts gradually.
- Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma
Students who wish to attend IIMs should read this comprehensive book. Due to its lucid and tailor-made content that revolves around CAT, it is a one-stop book for people with as well as without mathematical backgrounds.
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Nishit Sinha
The topics covered in this book by Pearson are crucial to a solid basic and advanced understanding of the material. The book has the unique feature of being written by a CAT trainer and coach from IIM Lucknow.
Verbal Ability Books For CAT:
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay – Reading this book is a great way to improve your verbal and reading comprehension skills. It covers three major topics: verbal ability, reading comprehension, and verbal reasoning. The practice papers and mock exams that it offers will be enough for self-assessment.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension For The CAT by Nishit Sinha – In addition to an exhaustive resource for verbal ability, this book by Pearson also provides a range of other useful information. It includes numerous tests in addition to integral problem-solving techniques and approaches. This is one of the best books you can find on the topic.
- High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin – If you want to improve your grammar skills, this book is a holy book. For those who are unable to grasp verbal abilities, this book is a must-have. It helps to understand and conceptualize different aspects of grammar.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Books For CAT:
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal.
There is a cat book written by R.S. Agarwal is best to start with the most basic reasoning task, since it’s quite easy to understand. Logic, statements, inferences and arguments, assumptions, conclusions, action plans, logical puzzles, etc., are grouped together in different sections.
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT book by Arun Sharma.
There are many topics covered in this book by Tata McGraw Hill on Logical Reasoning for CATs and other entrance exams. There are solved examples for each topic, followed by a set of challenging problems for practice, allowing an individual to prepare adequately for this section.
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT book by Arun Sharma.
It discusses all aspects of Interpretation and Sufficiency of Data. This book emphasizes the importance of developing our calculations, so we can gain an advantage with DI. Furthermore, this book contains past test papers, sample test papers, and questions from previous years.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit Sinha.
There are six sections in this book, and each subject is explained with an example, case study, and exercises. It can also be used for other exams.
- Data Interpretation by Nishit Sinha. – This book provides ample practice, and it sharpens the skills of interpreting data for CAT exams and other MBA entrance exams. Additionally, it can be helpful for other competitive exams such as NMAT, GMAT, SNAP, XAT, CMAT, etc.
In addition, previous years’ CAT papers can prove to be useful in preparing for the CAT as you become familiar with the questions asked in the CAT, giving you an edge. They can be used as mock examinations, and their analysis can give you a lot of insights into your preparation.
CAT 2021 Notification FAQs
CAT 2021 exam date is November 28, 2021.
CAT 2021 will be conducted by IIM Ahmedabad. Prof M P Ram Mohan, Faculty in Business Policy, IIM Ahmedabad has been appointed as the CAT 2021 exam convener.
As per the sources, CAT 2021 notification will be released in the last week of July 2021.
CAT 2021 is a computer based test (CBT) divided into 3 sections of 76 questions VARC, DILR, and QA. IIM does not officially announce the CAT 2021 exam pattern and syllabus.
15th September 2021