CAT 2020 Exam Notification has been released. This year the Exam is being conducted by IIM Indore. The Indian Institute of Management will conduct a computer-based Common Admission Test 2020 (CAT 2020) on Sunday, 29 November 2020, in two sessions. CAT 2020 will be conducted by IIMs as a prerequisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. In this blog, CAT Notification we will take you through all the important aspects of the Exam like Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application form, Exam Pattern, etc.
- CAT Notification 2020
- CAT 2020 Entrance Exam Dates
- CAT 2020 Notification | Download Here
- CAT 2020 Online Registration
- CAT 2020 Entrance Examination – Exam Pattern Changed
- CAT Notification 2020 – Programmes Offered
- CAT Notification 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- CAT 2020 Application Fees
- CAT 2020 Notification – Test Centres
- What Do We Have In Cart For You?
CAT Notification 2020
Changes In CAT 2020 Recruitment Notification
- There is an increase in the CAT 2020 application fee.
- Candidates can choose six CAT 2020 exam cities instead of four as in past years.
- There is a change in the exam pattern. Find the new exam pattern below
CAT 2020 Entrance Exam Dates
|CAT Notification 2020||July 29, 2020|
|CAT 2020 registration commences||August 5, 2020|
|Last date to register (extended)||September 23, 2020|
|Availability of admit card||October 28, 2020|
|CAT 2020||November 29, 2020|
Free Mock Test For CAT 2020! Yes, It’s For Free ⇒ Attempt Now
CAT 2020 Notification | Download Here
Want To Attempt A Free Mock Test? Take A Free Mock Test Now
CAT 2020 Online Registration
REGISTRATION FOR CAT
The CAT 2020 registration window opens on 5 August 2020 and will close at 5:00 p.m. on September 23, 2020. The details will be available in the registration guide.
At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any six test cities, as per their preference, from a drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the six preferred cities subject to availability. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city. The candidates can download the admit cards from October 28, 2020, until November 29, 2020.
CAT 2020 Entrance Examination – Exam Pattern Changed
As per the latest notification released IIMs have made some changes in the exam pattern for CAT 2020 entrance examination.
The revised duration of the test will be 120 minutes. There will be three sections:
Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 40 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. Also, they will allow the use of a basic on-screen calculator for computation.
Tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 2020. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
The relevant sections of the CAT website will be updated by September 20, 2020 (Sunday) to reflect changes as per the above announcements and the candidates are advised to check it regularly for further details
Want To Check Your Preparations? Attempt A Free Mock Test Now
CAT Notification 2020 – Programmes Offered
A. Post Graduate Programmes in Management (PGP)
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP||www.iima.ac.in|
|IIM Amritsar||MBA, EMBA, MBA-Business Analytics, MBA-HRM||www.iimamritsar.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPBA||www.iimb.ac.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||www.iimbg.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP, PGP-HRM||www.iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||MBA, MBA (Analytics), MBA (WX)||www.iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, PGP-BL, PGP-F, PGP-LSM||www.iimk.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM||www.iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGP, PGP-HRM, PGP (Business Analytics)||www.iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGPX, EPGDSM||www.iimrohtak.ac.in|
|IIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX, PGPWE||www.iimshillong.ac.in|
|IIM Sirmaur||MBA, MBA (T&HM)||www.iimsirmaur.ac.in|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||PGPM, PGPM-HR, PGPBM||www.iimtrichy.ac.in|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||PGP, PGPEx, PGPDGM||www.iimv.ac.in|
B. Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [Doctoral]
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PhD (FPM)|
|IIM Kashipur||FPM, EFPM|
|IIM Kozhikode||Ph.D., Ph.D. (PT)|
|IIM Raipur||FPM/ PhD, EFPM|
|IIM Ranchi||Ph.D., EPhD|
|IIM Rohtak||Ph.D., Part-Time FPM|
|IIM Sambalpur||Ph.D., E PhD|
|IIM Shillong||Ph.D., PhDWP|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||FPM, E-FPM|
CAT Notification 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s the degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process.
CAT 2020 Application Fees
PAYMENT OF CAT REGISTRATION FEE
- ₹1000 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- ₹2000 for all other candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay the registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
CAT 2020 Notification – Test Centres
CAT will be conducted in centres spread across around 156 test cities. Test cities will be mentioned on the CAT website and the name of the test centre will be indicated in the Admit Card. IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre/city and/or change the test time and date at their discretion.
What Do We Have In Cart For You?
- 10 Mock Tests
- Unlimited Online Tests with 10,000+ Questions & Detailed Solutions
This is all from us in this blog “CAT 2020 Exam Notification”. We will update you with the direct link to the apply online link for the CAT Exam 2020. Stay tuned to Oliveboard for more Updates on CAT 2020 Exam as well as other MBA Entrance Exams to be conducted this year.
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Attempt SBI PO Free Mock Test for Prelims now
- IB ACIO 2020 – 2000 Vacancies – Start Preparing a Free Mock Test now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now