The IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I exam notification is out and we have enough time for the preparations as the exam date is not out. It is always suggested to be one step ahead and here we bring you a daily study plan. This study plan will help you strategize your preparation and will also assist you in making the most of these preparation days of your preparation. It is important to understand here that at this point in time, attempting IBPS RRB Officer Mock Tests is an extremely crucial part of the preparation process.
Let us first quick glance through the syllabus for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I prelims exam and then we will look at the IBPS RRB Officer Study Plan and how to go about using the plan for the best results.
IBPS RRB Officer Syllabus – Prelims
In the prelims exam, there are only two sections that are asked: Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. And though the syllabus may seem on the lighter side as compared to other exams, remember that these two sections, namely reasoning as well as quant are extremely practice-intensive.
In simple words, one has to have a strong grasp of basic concepts as well as have a good practice of each of the following mentioned topics to ace this IBPS RRB Officer Scale-I prelims exam.
In the following section, we will be discussing the daily study plan for the next 30-days. So, keep reading!
IBPS RRB Exam Syllabus – Reasoning
- Seating arrangement (circular & linear)
- Coding decoding
- Data sufficiency
- Alphanumeric series
- Alphabet test
- Order & Ranking
- Coded inequalities
- Direction Sense
- Blood relations
- Logical reasoning.
IBPS RRB Exam Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude
- Quadratic equations
- Data sufficiency
- Data Interpretation – Charts and Graphs: Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart; Tabular; Caselet; Mixed DI
- Number series – Wrong & Missing
- Problems on ages
- Ratio and proportion
- Mixture & allegation
- Profit, Loss & Discount
- Work and time
- Simple and compound interest
- Time and distance
- Boats and streams.
IBPS RRB Officer | 30 Day Study Plan | Preparation Strategy
The following study plan is a comprehensive list of the things you should do daily in order to ace the IBPS RRB Officer Prelims exam. You can use this plan either as your study schedule or even as an IBPS RRB Officer revision plan. In this plan, we have made sure that you cover all the important topics asked in the paper as well as devote ample time to taking mock tests and spending quality time analyzing your performance.
|Day 1||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 1 + Analysis FREE)||Day 16||Practice Partnership Questions|
|Brush Up Your Basics||Direction Sense + Ranking|
|Day 2||Puzzles & Seating Arrangement – Linear, Circular, Square||Day 17||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 12|
|Quadratic Equations||Take A Sectional Test For Quant|
|Day 3||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 2||Day 18||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 13|
|Quant Sectional Test||Practice Number Series|
|Day 4||Puzzles & Seating Arrangement – Double Row, Circular: – Facing Inside-Outside||Day 19||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 14|
|Data Sufficiency||Problems on Train|
|Reasoning Sectional Test||Mixed Puzzles|
|Day 5||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 3||Day 20||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 15|
|Problems on Ages||Permutation & Combination|
|Syllogisms||Syllogism – Few, Only Few|
|Day 6||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 4||Day 21||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 16|
|Data Interpretation – Tabular, Chart, Graph||Time & Work|
|Day/ Month based Puzzle||Practice problems of Pipes and Cistern|
|Day 7||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 5||Day 22||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 17|
|Data Interpretation – Caselet||Simplification|
|Floor/Box Based Puzzle||Practice Order and Ranking|
|Day 8||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 6||Day 23||Reasoning Sectional Test|
|Day 9||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 7||Day 24||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 18|
|Profit and Loss||Probability|
|Blood Relation||Quant Sectional Test|
|Day 10||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 8||Day 25||Practice Puzzles & Seating Arrangement|
|Alphabet Test||Reasoning Sectional Test|
|Mixture and Alligation||Revision|
|Day 11||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 9||Day 26||Practice Data Interpretation|
|Practice Percentage Questions|
|Time, Speed & Distance||Revision|
|Day 12||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 10||Day 27||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 19|
|Ratio & Proportion||Approximation|
|Verbal Reasoning||Boats and Streams|
|Day 13||Inequalities||Day 28||Blood Relations|
|Quantity Comparison||Data Interpretation – Mixed DI|
|Day 14||Coding-Decoding||Day 29||Quant Sectional Mock Test|
|IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 11||IBPS RRB Officer Mock Test 20|
|Day 15||Number Series – Missing, Wrong||Day 30||Do Some Light Revision, Relax, Stay Calm|
|Simple & Compound Interest|
Since there are no sectional time limits, taking mock tests will help you determine an exam-attempt strategy that helps you maximize your scores. While preparing for this exam, please note, practicing is more important than just learning concepts. For both reasoning and quant, it is extremely important to expose yourself to as many different question types and difficulty levels as possible. Another aspect of preparation that is pivotal in determining your success rate in the exam is taking mock tests. Taking mock tests will strengthen your preparation in the following manner:
- Taking mock tests will also ensure that you know what your strengths and weaknesses are. This also goes a long way in boosting your scores as it equips you to play on your strengths
- Taking mock tests is the best way to familiarize yourself with the test. Oliveboard’s mock tests are designed in the latest pattern and are extremely close to the actual test. Practicing these helps you put yourself at ease and thus cut down on exam stress and last-minute jitters.
So, use this IBPS RRB PO Study Plan wisely and bolster your preparation. Hope this helps.
All the best!
IBPS RRB PO Online Course
To take your preparation in the right direction, Oliveboard has come up with not just Online mock tests but also live online courses that will make your IBPS RRB Online Preparation a lot easier. Read along to check the details:
Salient Features of the Video Course – Prepare with Oliveboard
- Live Video & Audio Interaction with the faculty
- 60+ Hours of Doubt Cum Revision Classes
- 70+ Video Lectures
- 15+ Live Practice Sessions (led by faculty)
- 20 Prelims + 10 Mains Mock Tests for IBPS RRB Asst.
- 20 Prelims + 10 Mains Mock Tests for IBPS RRB Officer
- 90 Sectional Tests for Prelims & Mains
- Topic + GK Tests + 200 Ebooks
- Special test-taking strategy sessions
- Previous year Topper sessions for tips and strategies
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Free Static GK E-book – More Study Materials :
- Free GK Ebook – List of CMs, Governors, and CJIs (June– 2020)
- Important Summits and Conferences 2018 – Free Current Affairs Ebook
- Free Static GK Ebook – Indian Constitution –Parts, Fundamental Rights and Schedules
- Static GK Free Ebook – List of Bharat Ratna Award winners in pdf
- Join EDGE Pro Course for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here