This is a great opportunity for all the domicile graduates of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. If you are aspiring to pursue a career in accounts as well as serve the people of the state, you can appear for the JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam. Held annually, this exam gives an opportunity to aspirants to hold prestigious posts within the government and look forward to a stable and bright future.
Table of Contents
- JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam Overview
- JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam – Notification
- JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam Important Dates
- JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam: Important Instructions
- The Process To Apply Online For JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam
- How to download the JKSSB FAA Admit card?
- How to check JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam results?
- JKSSB FAA Answer Key
- JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Cut Off Marks
- JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Preparation
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam Overview
|Name of the exam||JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam|
|Date of Exam||1st Week of November 2021|
|Name of the Recruitment Board||Jammu & Kashmir Services Selection Board|
|Post||Finance Accounts Assistant|
|Last Date to Apply||27th January 2021 (Extended)|
|Official Website||JKSSB Official Website|
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam – Notification
|Name of the Exam||JKSSB FInance Account Assistant Exam|
|Written Exam Marks||120|
|Negative Marking||Deduction of 0.25 for every wrong answer|
|Exam Pattern||Multiple Choice Questions|
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam Important Dates
|Name Of Exam||JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam|
|Exam Date||1st Week of November|
|Exam Admit Card||To Be Announced|
|Official Website||JKSSB Official Website|
|No of vacancies||972|
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Every candidate should prepare themselves as per the given syllabus. They must go through the exam syllabus thoroughly and must have proper knowledge of every topic. Following are the subjects that the candidates need to study to prepare for the exam:
- General Knowledge (specially of Jammu & Kashmir): Name of renowned personalities; Fundamental rights, Formation & Directive Principles of Indian Constitution; 73rd amendment of Constitution of India; Objectives and Guidelines of Centrally sponsored schemes; Tourist Destinations; History of Jammu & Kashmir; Development strategies; Economic development and Industrialization; Panchayati Raj Act, 1989; Crops & climate of India; Recent events of Local/National/International.
- Mathematics/Statistics: Theory of Probability; Compilation & Tabulation of data; Ways to collect primary & secondary data; Theory of Attributes; Sampling Errors; Non-sampling Errors; Analysis – Times series components; Demography – Census, functions & features; Measures of fertility, gross and net reproduction rates, Measures of Mortality, specific fertility rates; Set Theory – Concepts and Applications; Analytical Geometry; Matrices & Determinants; Linear Equations.
- General Economics: Basic concept and Principles of Economics; Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Budgeting; Fiscal Policy – Meaning and Methodology; Growth and development; Inflation; Production – factors, cost, laws, and efficiency; Demand analysis; Theory of Consumers using indifference curve technique; Pricing – forms of markets; Concept of Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP).
- Computer Applications: Introduction and Objectives; Ways to bring the computer in life; Fundamentals of computer sciences; Concept of Open-source Technologies; Input & Output Devices; Knowledge on MS Office, PDF, Internet, and E-mail; Computer Virus and Latest Anti-Virus; Abbreviation used in IT.
- Accountancy and Book-keeping: Financial Accounting – Introduction & Terms; Accounting equation; Voucher Approach in Accounting; Bank reconciliation Statement; Financial Management; Partnership Accounts; Ledger Accounts; Cash Book, Financial Audit; Double-entry Bookkeeping; Rules for journalizing; Trial Balance; Trading Account; Balance Sheet; Concept of Social Accounting & Audit; Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- Science: Biology – Important inventions & facts, Nutrition in Animals and Plants, Diseases, Viruses; Chemistry – Chemical Properties of Substance, uses, Surface Chemistry, Properties of Gases; Physics – Inventions and facts, Motion/Sound/Light/Wave/Energy/Electricity, SI units.
The below examination pattern will help the candidates prepare for the JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam in an organized manner.
|Syllabus Of Exam||Marks|
|General Knowledge of Jammu and Kashmir||30|
|Mathematics / Statistics||10|
|Account And Bookkeeping||30|
Know more about JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam Pattern
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam: Important Instructions
- The duration of the written test is 2 hours.
- Only prepare for multiple-choice questions.
- The question paper will be in English.
- You will get 1 mark for every correct answer, and for wrong answers, there is a 0.25 negative marking.
- The total marks of a candidate will be taken into account to determine the cut-off.
- For the candidates who clear the written exam, an interview will be conducted, which is the final round.
- After completion of the written exams and interview rounds, the selected candidates will be called for document verification.
The Process To Apply Online For JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam
- Step 1: Use the registration link on the official website and create your own login credentials.
- Step 2: Login your account.
- Step 3: Enter your personal and educational details.
- Step 4: Upload your recent photograph and digital signature.
- Step 5: Pay the application fee and submit.
- Step 6: You may take a printout of your application for future reference.
Please note the application fee of approximately Rs.350 is non-refundable under any circumstances. It can be paid only via online transaction like credit/debit card or net banking.
Document Verification Process
There is a list of documents that a candidate needs to carry. If any discrepancy is found during the verification process, the panel has the full rights to cancel the job application.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter’s ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- University ID Card
- Employer ID Card (if applicable)
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate
- Matric Diploma (D.O.B)
- 10 2 Mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Bonafide certificate (for candidates who studied outside Jammu & Kashmir)
- Degree/Provisional certificate of Graduation or Post Graduation
- Order/ letter (if the candidate has equivalent qualification)
- Caste Certificate (if in reserved category)
- 2 passport size-coloured photos
- One original photo ID proof
- Follow any specific format if prescribed for certificates
- Requisite documents from Competent authority (if required)
- Domicile Certificate issued by authority (if claiming so)
- Discharge Certificate with PPO member & Ex-serviceman certificate (if ESM)
How to download the JKSSB FAA Admit card?
Please follow the given steps to download the admit card from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the link that says ‘admit card’
- Step 2: Fill in all required details like application number, candidate and father’s name and DOB, and click submit.
- Step 3: Admit card will appear on your screen, verify all the details like Candidate’s Name, Exam Centre Name and Code, Father’s & Mother’s Name, Gender, Category, DOB, Roll Number, Examination Name, Exam Venue, Instructions, Signature of candidate/exam counsellor, Exam Duration, Candidate’s Photograph, Exam – Date & Time.
- Step 4: Get it printed and carry the printout with you to the examination centre.
Who To Contact In Case Of Any Discrepancy Found In The Admit Card?
There are no contacts given officially for such scenarios, but listed below are some official authorities’ details. You can call the helpline numbers in case of emergency.
Helpline No: 0191-2470961, 0191-2470017, 0194-2435089, 0194-2433838, 2442731.
How to check JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam results?
Step 1: Visit the direct download link given on the official website.
Step 2: Search for your name and roll number in the given list.
Step 3: Check and note the score.
Step 4: Save your result for future reference.
Items not allowed in the examination hall
The below items can be suspicious to the invigilator. Hence, please do not carry these items with you to the examination centre.
- Mobile Phones
- Book Material
- Bluetooth devices
JKSSB FAA Answer Key
In case you want to verify your answers, the government releases an answer key after the written tests are conducted. Please visit the official website to get the answer key.
Official website – www.jkssb.nic.in
Help Desk- 0191-2470961
How to download the answer key?
- Step 1: Click the direct link given on the official site.
- Step 2: Enter the candidate’s application number, date of birth and code.
- Step 3: Click on login.
- Step 4: The answer key will be displayed on your screen now.
- Step 5: Download it and cross-check your answers.
Please note: As per the official notice, a candidate can raise objections against any answer in the provided answer key. They can upload the question with proper evidence/answer in the online link provided on the official site, www.jkssb.nic.in. If objections are raised through any other means, then they will not be entertained.
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Cut Off Marks
|General Knowledge (will include questions on Jammu And Kashmir)||30|
|Accounts And Bookkeeping||30|
Note: After the completion of written exams, the qualified candidates will have to appear for the interview round. The final list of candidates will be prepared based on the performance in the written exams and the interview round.
Know more about JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Cut off
JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Preparation
Following are some steps to prepare for the exam:
- Prepare a study schedule allotting time for every subject
- Stick to the study plan meticulously
- Keep time for revision of subjects
- Read newspapers and watch news to be aware of current affairs, specifically those related to Jammu and Kashmir
- Go through previous years question papers
- Attempt mock tests and time yourself to prepare for the final exam
It is recommended to prepare for the exams months in advance and not leave studying for the last minute. The JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam has a vast syllabus and needs to be covered meticulously. Study previous year’s question papers and participate in mock interviews to test your level of preparedness. Clearing the exam and interview will give the candidates the opportunity to have a bright career in the field of accounts.
Go through the syllabus. Plan your study schedule, keep daily targets and stick to them. Practice solving test papers and focus on your problematic areas. Clarify any doubts you have beforehand regarding any concepts. If you diligently follow the schedule and study, you can crack the examination successfully.
These account assistants can assist Panchayats to perform their duties and responsibilities. They maintain the financial accounts of all transactions made.
Many books and study materials are available online and offline. However, few renowned ones are:
JKSSB Finance Accounts Assistant (2nd Big Edition)
Tandon’s JKSSB Accounts Assistant (Finance) Hardcover – 1
As per the terms and conditions, candidates cannot change the venue/date/time.
If the candidate does not attend JKSSB Finance Account Assistant Exam or interview on time, he or she might get disqualified, or the decision regarding his candidature will be left with the concerned authorities.
No, candidates should carry their original admit cards on the examination day.
In case the candidate loses his admit card, then he should immediately inform the concerned authorities.
Yes, it is important to carry admit cards throughout the recruitment process because some data might be required at later stages.