LIC HFL has notified and invited online applications for the post of Assistants, Associates & Assistant Managers on its official website. The registrations/online application for the above mentioned posts will start tomorrow that is on 8th of August 2019. The Pattern of the Exam comprises of a single online examination with objective multiple choice questions testing candidates on subjects of English Language, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness and Numerical Ability or Quantitative Aptitude. In order to start the preparations for the exam, knowing the syllabus holds a place of prime importance. In this blog we would take you through the entire topic-wise syllabus for the sections to be asked in the Exam with sources to be used to cover those topics. Read the blog “LIC HFL Syllabus 2019” and enlighten yourself.
A Brief Overview of the LIC HFL
Life Insurance Corporation Housing Finance Limited (LIC HFL) is one of the largest housing finance (mortgage loan) companies in India having its registered and corporate office in Mumbai. Life Insurance Corporation holds founder, promoter & controller status in LIC HFL Company since Year 1989. LIC HFL is an associate/subsidiary company of LIC of India. The main objective of the Company is to provide long term finance to individuals for purchase or construction of house or flat for residential purpose / repair and renovation of existing flat / houses.
First let us scan through the Exam Pattern for LIC HFL 2019.
|Sr.No.||Section||No. of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||Logical Reasoning||50||50||35 minutes|
|3||General Awareness||50||50||15 minutes|
(For Assistant & Associate)& Quantitative Aptitude
(For Assistant Manager)
- The online exam will be held separately for the post of Assistant, Associate and Assistant Manager.
- It will be in English language only.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th or 0.25 of marks allotted to the question.
LIC HFL Syllabus 2019
As we can clearly see in the Exam Pattern of the LIC HFL Exam that for Assistants & Associates the section of Quants is called Numerical Ability and that for the Assistant Managers it is called Quantitative Aptitude.
From the above information we can infer that the difficulty level of Numerical Ability section (For Assistants & Associates) would easy to moderate while for the Quantitative Aptitude section (Assistant Managers) would have difficulty level of moderate to difficult.
LIC HFL Syllabus 2019 – Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability
2. Quadratic Equations
3. Number Series (Wrong & Missing)
4. Data Interpretation (Tabular, Pie Charts, Bar Graph, Caselets etc)
5. Arithmetic Problems Based on Averages, Ages, Percentages, Ratio & Proportion, Time, Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Boats & Streams, Mixtures & Alligations, Mensuration.
6. Data Sufficiency again based on Averages, Ages, Percentages, Ratio & Proportion, Time, Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Profit & Loss, Boats & Streams, Mixtures & Alligations, Mensuration and Number System
7. Quantity Comparison (Q1 & Q2)
8. Number System (Divisibility & Remainder, Multiples & Factors, Integers, LCM & HCF)
9. Permutations & Combinations
LIC HFL Syllabus 2019 – Logical Reasoning
1. Alphabetical & Alphanumeric Series
3. Analytical Reasoning & Critical Reasoning (Statement & Assumptions, Statement & Conclusion, Cause & Effect, Inference Based, Central Idea Based)
4. Blood Relations
6. Direction Sense
7. Inequalities (Coded Inequalities, Mathematical Inequalities)
9. Order & Ranking
11. Seating Arrangement (Linear & Circular)
LIC HFL Syllabus 2019 – English Language
1. Cloze Test
2. Error Spotting (Grammar Based & Spelling Based)
3. Fill in the Blanks (Single Fillers & Double Fillers)
4. Find the Central idea of the Passage
5. Find the Odd one Out (Sentence Based)
6. Parajumbles/ Sentence Rearrangement
7. Phrase Replacement
8. Reading Comprehension (RCs)
9. Sentence Correction (Grammar Based & Spelling Based)
10. Vocabulary Based (Synonyms & Antonyms)
LIC HFL Syllabus 2019 – General Awareness
1. Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial / Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations are some related topics
2. Economy & Financial Affairs (Current & Static)
3. Insurance Awareness:
- History- IRDA
- Important Insurance Acts
- Insurance Sector – Basics
- Insurance Terms
- Insurance Companies – Names, Headquarters, Taglines, etc
- Insurance Abbreviations
- Insurance Products and Plans
- Government Schemes
4. Housing Finance Companies Related GA
If you are a Banking, Insurance, SSC or other Government Exam aspirant and looking for Online Courses, then we at Oliveboard have made it easier for you all with our Oliveboard EDGE Subscription plan. You can subscribe and take our monthly, four monthly or yearly plan and get unlimited access to Oliveboard’s Courses. What could get better than this. You can go through the Courses offered under the Subscription plan.
Have a look at them Here.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test