Mode of selection in SSC CHSL – Here is everything you need to know about the mode of selection in SSC CHSL after being revised by the Staff Selection Commission. The SSC CHSL selection process revised on December 2022 by the committee of Staff Selection commission.
The mode of selection in SSC CHSL shortened to 2 Tier. In the previous pattern, the mode of selection in SSC CHSL happen to have total 3 Tier that is Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. Now the mode of selection for SSC CHSL has only Tier 1 and Tier 2, tier 3 is merged with tier 2. The candidate must clear these two tiers to get selected. Even those candidates who have applied under current recruitment cycle come under this news selection process. In this blog we will give you details on the mode of selection in SSC CHSL as per revised pattern.
Table of Contents
SSC CHSL selection process 2022:
As per revised SSC CHSL pattern there are only two tiers that a candidate needs to clear to get selected.
- Tier 1: Objective-type computer based exam
- Tier 2: Objective-type CBE and Skill test.
Tier 1 selection process for SSC CHSL selection process:
- The Tier 1 in SSC CHSL exam has an objective test with maximum 200 marks and here are few things you must know about the SSC CHSL Tier 1 selection process.
- This is online exam.
- The exam basically has 4 subjects. Those are basic knowledge of Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence, English language, and General Awareness.
- The total number of multiple choice questions will be 100. Each question rewarded with 2 marks and there will be negative mark for every wrong answer. So it’s advised for candidates not to take any advising games.
- The duration of exam will be 60 minutes
- The question will be on moderate level and there is high level of competition, good marks are must to get into selection process.
The table given below shows the revised exam pattern:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks|
Tier 2 selection process for SSC CHSL selection process:
The Tier 2 SSC CHSL is descriptive and objective. Tier 2 has two modules. Tier 2 includes two sessions both sessions take place on the same day. Session 1 includes Section-I, Section II, and Module-I of Section III. Session 2 includes Module II of Section III (Skill Test/ Typing Test). SSC CHSL Tier-II has Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module II of Section III.
Each session will be set in English and Hindi. There is a negative mark allotted for every wrong answer the negative mark will be 1. Module I of Section III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
The skill test and typing test are conducted as part of module II of session III on the same day. A skill test is a qualifying process. The Skill Test will calculate errors to a maximum of two decimal places.
- Classification of Computers: By Size, Usage, Type and Purpose
- EPFO SSA Previous Year Cut Off, Check Now
- EPFO SSA Previous Year Question Papers, Download PDF
- SSC Selection Post Phase 11 Notification 2023, Last Date to Apply Online
- Saraswat Bank Recruitment 2023 Notification Out for 150 Junior Officer Posts
Part A: Skill Test is mandatory for DEO/DEO Grade ‘A’: The duration if this exam will be 15 minutes. A printed copy in English with about 2000-2200 key depression. The candidate must enter the same in the computer.
Part B: Typing Test for other posts including LDC/JSA: The candidate can choose between English or Hindi in typing test. The candidate that chooses English must be able to type 35 words per minute and those who choose Hindi must be able to type 30 words per minute. That is about 10500 key depression per hour and about 9000 key depression per hour.
|Session||Subject||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Session 1||Section 1 – Module 1: Mathematic abilities Module 2: Reasoning and general intelligence.||30+30=60 marks||180 marks||1 hour for each section. 1 hour and 20 minutes for candidates eligible for scribe|
|Section 2- Module 1: English language and comprehension Module 2: Reasoning general intelligence. General awareness.||40+20= 60 marks||180 marks||1 hour for each section. 1 hour and 20 minutes for candidates eligible for scribe|
|Section 3- Module 1: computer knowledge module||15 marks||45 marks||15 minutes or 20 minutes for the candidates eligible scribe|
|Session 2||Section-3 Module 1: skill test/typing test module||Part A: Skill test for DEOs.||15 minutes or 20 minutes for the candidates eligible scribe|
|Part B: Typing Test for LDC/JSA.||10 minutes or 15 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe|
Mode of selection in SSC CHSL Final Allotment:
The performance of candidates in Tiers 1 and 2 will determine the final SSC CHSL selection process and departmental allotment. The board will assign the candidates to postings for PA, SA, DEO, and LDC based on a merit list. After the results are announced, the posting preferences cannot be changed. Therefore, the decision must be carefully considered.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Selection process of SSC CHSL involves two tiers. Tier 1 and Tier 2, the tier 1 have objective computer- based test and tier 2 consist of objective + skill test.
Yes, tier 1 SSC CHSL have negative mark of 0.50 for every incorrect answer.
The percentage error for the typing test would be 5% to 7%.
Tier 1 is toughest among the exams in SSC CHSL. This is because the level of competition is higher and you must be very careful in scoring higher score as possible
Hello there, Sindhuja here, I am content writer. I recently started working as an edtech writer for Oliveboard. “Knowledge is power,” as quoted I will do everything in my power to provide you with the essential knowledge for government exams, which will undoubtedly help you prepare for your exams easily.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series