The Reserve Bank of India conducts the RBI Grade ‘B’ exam for the direct recruitment of grade ‘B’ level officers. This post will put together all the information required regarding the RBI Grade B Exam Details.
RBI Grade B Exam Details : Important Dates
RBI Grade B Exam Details : Eligibility
- A candidate must be between 21 – 30 years of age.
- Upper age limit is relaxed based on educational qualification & reservation category as per norms.
- A candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in both graduation, class 12th and class 10th.
- This percentage is relaxed to 50% for reserved categories.
RBI Grade B Exam Details : Selection Procedure/ Exam Pattern
The selection process is rigorous and is done in 3 successive stages, as mentioned below:-
- Phase – I Exam (Objective Type)
- Phase – II Exam (Descriptive Type)
Let us look at each of these in detail.
RBI Grade ‘B’ (Phase – I) Exam Pattern
- Candidates will be required to clear both sectional and overall cut-offs to be shortlisted for the Phase-II examination.
RBI Grade ‘B’ (Phase – II) Exam Pattern
- These three papers are conducted in separate shifts.
- Papers I & II are set both in Hindi & English.
RBI Grade ‘B’ Interviews
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview, based on aggregate of marks obtained in Phase-II (Paper-I +Paper-II +Paper-III).
- The interviews have a weightage of 50 marks.
- Final selection is made based on performance in both phase – II and the interviews.
RBI Grade B Exam Details : Previous Years’ Cut-offs (2016, 2015)
RBI Grade ‘B’ (Phase – I) Cut-offs
RBI Grade ‘B’ (Phase – II) Cut-offs
RBI Grade ‘B’ Final (Selection) Cut-offs
RBI Grade B Exam Details : Job Profile + Salary
A probation period of 2 years (extendable to 4 years) has to be served upon successfully clearing the RBI Grade ‘B’ Exam. Some job responsibilities include:-
- Currency Issue & Circulation: RBI Grade B Officers are responsible for currency circulation to the various nationalized banks. It also requires the officer to ensure smooth functioning of the currency across subordinate units of RBI.
- Maintaining Financial Stability: Being a part of the apex bank of the country, RBI Grade B Officers need to work towards keeping the inflation under check. They need to ensure adequate supply of liquidity among the productive sectors of the market. In short, RBI officers are responsible for the smooth functioning of financial markets.
- Management of Government Accounts: Grade B officers are responsible for managing various government and central bank accounts.
The salary of Grade B Officer in RBI varies as per the area of posting.
|Grade Pay||No Grade Pay|
|HRA & Other Allowances||As per Company Rules|
According to current pay scales, one would get a salary of around Rs. 65,789/- pm initially ( varies as per place of posting).
Interact with your fellow aspirants about Time Strategy For RBI Grade B Exam and RBI Grade B Study Notes in our discussion forum
All the best!!
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO Assistant Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Attempt a FREE MOCK Test for LIC AAO Mains 2019
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test