The most awaited notification of RBI Grade ‘B’ 2019 is released by RBI. You can find the detailed notification blog here. RBI is the most premier bank in India and many candidates aspire to work for RBI with every passing year. Now the question that comes to our mind is the RBI Grade B vacancy 2019 that is declared by the Bank. The online registration for the various post will start from 21-Sep-2019. In this blog, we will share with you the complete details about the RBI Grade B Vacancy and the eligibility criteria for the exam. RBI Grade B Vacancy for 2019 is 199 as per RBI notification. Let’s start with the blog.
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2019
RBI has is accepting application for a total of 199 vacancies for various positions in different categories. In detail breakup of the vacancies is as below:
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Unreserved i.e. General (GEN/UR)||Scheduled Castes (SC)||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Other Backward Classes (OBC) $||EWS||TOTAL|
|1. Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- General||65||25||11||40||15||156^|
|2. Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DEPR||9||3||1||5||2||20^^|
|3. Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DSIM||11||2||4#||4||2||23|
- $ denotes that the candidate belonging to the OBC but under the creamy layer are not eligible for OBC certification, they need to mark them under the General category.
- ^^Out of 20 vacancies for Grade ‘B’(DR)-DEPR, 1 vacancy is reserved for PwBD candidate under deaf and hard of hearing.
- # includes 3 backlog vacancies
- ^Out of 156 vacancies for Grade ‘B’ (DR)-General, 7 vacancies are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) Category, viz. 2 vacancies for candidates of blindness and low vision; 1 vacancy for deaf and hard of hearing; 2 vacancies for locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; and 2 vacancies for multiple disabilities from amongst persons,
Note For PwBD Candidates: RBI Grade B Vacancy
- The Bank has identified the following posts as suitable for each category of PwBD along with the Physical Requirements and Functional Classifications, Under PwDB only the following conditions will be accepted.
|Sr. No||Name of Post||Categories for which identified||Functional classification*||Physical Requirements**|
|1||Officer in Gr ‘B’ – General / DEPR/ DSIM||Blindness and low vision||B||BN, C, H, KC, L, MF, PP, RW (in Braille/software), S, ST, W|
|LV||BN, C, H, KC, L, MF, PP, RW, S, ST, W|
|Deaf and hard of hearing||D, HH||BN, C, KC, L, MF, PP, RW, S, SE, ST, W|
|Locomotor disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims and Muscular Dystrophy||OA, OL, Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims||BN, C, KC, L, H, MF,PP, RW, S, SE, ST, W|
|BL||C, H, L, MF, PP, RW, S, SE|
|Muscular Dystrophy||C, H, MF, RW, SE, S|
|Multiple disabilities||OA, OL, Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims and||BN, C, KC, L, MF, PP, S, ST, W, RW (in Braille/software) and H or RW and SE (as applicable)|
|(i) blind/low vision or|
|(ii) deaf/hard of hearing|
- * Functional classification: OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg, BL-Both Legs but not arms, B-Blindness, LV-Low Vision, D-Deaf and HH-Hard of Hearing.
- ** Physical Requirements: BN-Bending, C-Communication, H-Hearing/Speaking, KC-Kneeling & Crouching, L-Lifting, MF-Manipulation by Finger, PP-Pushing & Pulling, RW-Reading & Writing, S-Sitting, SE-Seeing, ST-Standing, and W-Walking.
2. PwBD candidates may belong to any category (i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC/EWSs). Reservation for PwBD is horizontal and within the overall vacancies for the posts subject to the posts having been identified suitable for such disabilities.
3. PwBD candidates should possess the latest disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority as prescribed vide The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPWD Act, 2016). Such certificate shall be subject to verification/re-verification, as may be decided by the Board/ Competent Authority.
4. Within the overall notified total vacancies, PwBD candidates belonging to any category of disability will be considered for selection, subject to their suitability, over and above the vacancies notified for PwBD in this advertisement, to clear the backlog of PwBD vacancies, if any.
5. Backlog vacancies reserved for PwBD would be filled by a person with benchmark disability in the respective category. If no suitable person from that category is available such backlog vacancies would be filled up by interchange among other eligible PwBD candidates subject to the posts having been identified suitable for such disabilities.
6. Use of Scribe & Compensatory time: At the time of online/written examination, only those PwBD candidates (who have disability of 40% or more) who have physical limitation in typing/writing, including that of speed would be allowed the facility to use the service of a scribe. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
- The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe/writer at his/her own cost.
- Both the candidate as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking, in the prescribed format with passport size photograph of the scribe at the time of examination.
- PwBD candidates who have physical limitations to type/write including that of speed shall be allowed compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of the examination whether availing the facility of scribe or not.
- Any candidate who is using scribe should ensure that he/she is eligible to use scribe in the examination as per the above guidelines. Any candidate using scribe in violation of the above guidelines shall stand disqualified and can be removed from service without notice if he/she has already joined the Bank.
7. Detailed instructions for PwBD candidates regarding availing services of scribe and allotment of extra/compensatory time will be made available on the Bank’s website (www.rbi.org.in) at the time of uploading of Admission Letters for examinations.
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2019- Eligibility Criteria
RBI has laid up a set parameter for the eligibility for the RBI Grade B Vacancy that is to be followed before applying for the positions, Candidates should carefully analyze the eligibility and then accordingly apply for the position. Remember if at any point a candidate is not able to produce any document related to the category or the choices opt his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination, but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate is issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Age Criteria- RBI Grade B Vacancy
1. A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of September 2019. For candidates possessing M.Phil. and PhD qualification, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively for RBI Grade B vacancy
2. The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxed:
- 5 years for SC/ST.
- 3 years for OBC.
- up to a maximum of five years for ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or because of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year’s service and currently registered with Employment Exchange;
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st September 2019 and have been released;
- up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st September 2019 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- For Gen/EWSs up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of PwBD. For SC/ST/ PwBD up to a maximum of 15 years and for OBC PwBD up to a maximum of 13 years, subject to reservation of vacancies under the respective post. Relaxation in upper age limit for PwBD will be subject to the posts having been identified suitable for such disabilities.
- For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in the Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, the upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of the number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, the probationary period will not be reckoned.
- For eligible staff candidates, the relaxation in the age limit is according to RBI circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
- For recruitment to the post of Gr. B (DR)-DEPR/DSIM candidates having Master’s Degree with Research/Teaching experience at a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, the probationary period will not be reckoned.
Note I: – Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under clauses of Para 3 II (b) iv, v, vi, vii above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, PwBD, persons domiciled in the Union Territory of J & K/Union Territory of Ladakh will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
Note II: – The term Ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
Note Ill: – The age concession under Para 3 II (b) (v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs, who are released on own request.
Note IV: – Notwithstanding the provision of age relaxation under Para 3 II (b) (vii) above, a PwBD will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Bank may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/Posts to be allocated to the PwBD candidates by the Bank.
Educational Requirement – RBI Grade B Vacancy
|Posts||Minimum Educational Qualifications (as on 01-09-2019):|
|1. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)||• A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations.|
|• The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor’s degree will be in aggregate for all semesters/years|
|2. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||Essential:|
|a. A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute; OR|
|b. PGDM/ MBA Finance with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute; OR|
|c. Master’s Degree in Economics in any of the sub-categories of economics i.e. agricultural/ business/ developmental/ applied, etc., with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters /years from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute.|
|Note: SC, ST and PwBD candidates having second class with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years in Master’s Degree examination or equivalent recognized qualifications are eligible to apply.|
|Desirable: A Doctorate Degree in Economics or research or teaching experience in Economics or publications in standard journals would be considered as an additional qualification.|
|Candidates having M.Phil. Degree and Doctorate Degree from a recognized Indian/Foreign University/Institute in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.|
|d. (i) Candidates having Master’s Degree with Research/Teaching experience at a recognized Indian/Foreign University/ Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, the probationary period will not be reckoned.|
|(ii) The above age relaxations will not be cumulatively available with age relaxations available to various categories as mentioned in Para 3 II (b) above.|
|3. Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM||Essential:|
|a. A Master’s Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Econometrics/ Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years; OR|
|b. Master’s Degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years and one-year post-graduate diploma in Statistics or related subjects from an Institute of repute; OR|
|c. M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years; OR|
|d. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/years.|
|Note: For SC, ST and PwBD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master’s Degree as in items (a), (b), (c) and (d) above is 50% or an equivalent grade in aggregate of all semesters/ years.|
|Desirable: (i) Candidates with a Doctorate in topics related to the above subjects will be given preference. (ii) Research or teaching experience and publication in standard journals will be considered as an additional qualification.|
|Note: (i) Candidates possessing M.Phil. and PhD qualification in the specified subjects will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit by 2 years and 4 years respectively.|
|(ii) Candidates with research/teaching experience at a recognized Indian / Foreign University/Institute will be eligible for relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For experience, the probationary period will not be reckoned.|
|(iii) The above age relaxations will not be cumulatively available with age relaxations available to various categories as mentioned in Para 3 II (b) above.|
Note I: The candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification from a Foreign University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
Note II: Some Universities/Institutes/Boards do not award Class or percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points (e.g. CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.). In case University/Institute/Board defines criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into the percentage of marks, the same will be accepted. However, where the University/Institute/ Board does not define criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into percentage of marks, in the degree/passing certificates, the undefined parameter(s) would be worked out as under:
|Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10-point scale||Aggregate Percentage of Marks|
Note III: Aggregate Grade Point or percentage of marks where awarded would mean aggregate over the entire duration of the course.
Note IV: Where the Aggregate Grade Point (CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc.) is awarded out of a number other than 10, it will be normalized out of 10 and computed as per Note II above.
Note V: The relaxation in minimum educational qualifications for SC/ST/PwBD candidates mentioned above is subject to reservation of vacancies under the respective post and category and identification of posts for PwBD as notified above.
Number of Attempts: Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who have already appeared Six times for Phase-I Examination for this post/s in the past, are not eligible to apply. No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD/EWSs if the posts are reserved for them.
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2019 – Selection Procedure
RBI Grade B Exam will be conducted in 3 phase:
- Phase- I Online Examination- Objective Type.
- Phase- 2 Online Examination
- All the sections in both phases will be set bilingually i:e in both English and Hindi except the English paper.
- Marks scored in Phase- 2 will be considered for calling the candidates for the Interview.
- The RBI Authority will decide the minimum cut-off.
- Candidates may opt to set their interview in either Hindi or English.
This is all from us in today’s blog on RBI Grade B Vacancy, we have covered all the aspects for RBI Grade B Vacancy that are to be kept in mind before applying for the position in RBI. RBI Grade B Vacancy is a detailed description for the candidate to analyze and apply. To give your practice a boost try Oliveboard Edge
Also, Check-Out -:
- Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App – Study materials, Podcasts, Wordlists
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum – Share, Discuss and Learn with fellow aspirants
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Clear your doubts and Interact directly with our Expert Faculty
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test