State Bank of India has announced 8653 vacancies for SBI Clerk Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales). It is one of the most awaited notification of the year. SBI is India’s largest Bank with the most attractive features and best-in-class entry level salary package for Junior Associates (Customer Support & Sales) in Clerical Cadre. In this blog, we will be discussing all the details of SBI Clerk Salary 2019. The Contents of the blog will include:
- Gross Monthly Salary (In-Hand Income)
- Various Allowances and Perks
SBI CLERK Salary 2019 – Pay Scale
SBI provides a handsome pay-scale for its SBI Junior Associates at the entry level with various perks. Therefore in comparison to other banks, SBI provides a better basic salary.
The Basic Pay Scale component of SBI Clerk Salary 2019 is as follows;
11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450. The starting Basic Pay is `13075.00 (`11765.00 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates.)
Let us note down the details of the above-given payscale;
- Compensation Starting Salary for a candidate will be Rs11,765/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs655/- with the Basic pay.
- Salary 3 years from the year of joining: Rs 13,730/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs813/- for the next 3 years
- After next 4 years that is 6 years: Rs16,175/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 980/- for the next 4 years
- Salary after next 7 years: Rs 20,095/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1145 for the next 7 years.
- After next 1 years: Rs 28,110 with a year-on-year increment of Rs 2120 for the next 1 year.
- Salary after another 1 year: Rs 30,230 with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1310 for the next 1 year.
- The Maximum Basic Salary of an SBI Clerk- Rs 31,450/-
SBI Clerk Salary 2019 – Gross Monthly Income
The SBI Clerk salary 2019 can also be described as the total in-hand income received monthly by the Junior Associate of SBI. SBI Clerk In-hand salary received per month is a sum of Basic Pay and other salary components like – House Rent Allowance(HRA), Variable Pay, Dearness Allowances (DA), City Compensatory Allowance (CCA), etc.
Upon the addition of the Basic Pay, to all other allowances the Gross Monthly Income any SBI Clerk Salary would come down to Rs. 25,000/- depending upon the City in which they are posted.
SBI Clerk Salary 2019 – Allowances
A person joining as an SBI Clerk will have many perquisites, the SBI Clerk Salary comes with some added benefits in the form of allowances such as-
- Dearness Allowance (DA): A SBI Clerk gets 4-7% DA of the Basic Pay(Depending upon the City Posted in). The Dearness Allowance increases of quarterly basic and is depended on the Inflation rate of the Country if the inflation increase the DA goes up and vice versa.
- House Rent Allowance(HRA): A SBI Clerk gets 35% to 40% HRA of the Basic Pay(Depending upon the City Posted in).
- Other Allowances include transport allowance, Special Allowance, and Special Pay- New.
SBI Clerk Salary 2019 – Additional Benefits
In SBI an individual working in the Clerk Cadre has some additional benefits in addition to the Basic Pay of the SBI CLERK Salary 2019 which they received. Given below are the additional benefits or perks of working as an SBI CLERK;
- House Rent Allowances
- Concessional Vehicle Finance
- Concessional Rate for SBI Pension Plans
- Housing Finance at concessional rates
- Travel Allowances
- The Bank pays 100% cost for any medical treatment of an employee along with the family members
- Maternity or child education leave of 2 years for women clerks.
SBI Clerk Salary 2019 – Job Profile
- Once an individual starts his career as an SBI Clerk Junior Associate he/she will be entitled on a 6 months probation period, during this period he/she will have to complete 15 e-lessons containing details about SBI functions and duties, which has to be completed during the probation.
- The Main responsibility will be to deal with the customer grievances.To guide them and give them an effective solution to the problem they are facing with their accounts.
- An SBI Clerk Junior Associate will be entitled with multiple responsibilities which includes work on deposit counters for cash withdrawal, cashier.
- He/she should will have to develop the expertise on financial formalities such as drafting a cheque, demand draft, etc.
- An SBI Junior Associate has to also look after the back end work of the office such as balance tallying, data entry, ledger maintenance, etc.
- There is also a Sales aspect to the job of an SBI Clerk, he/she will need to cross-sell insurance and various types of products, banking services and advice better investment plans to the clients.
- An SBI Junior Associate will also need to market the financial services of the bank. It would include loans, the interest rate on deposits, etc.
SBI Clerk Salary 2019 – Promotions
Promotion for Trainee Officer Post
- SBI Junior Associate needs to clear written examinations which are conducted internally in the organization.
- As soon as an SBI Clerk gets an experience of 3 years in this role with a CAIIB(Certificate Association of the Indian Institute of Banking) or 4 years experience with a JAIIB(Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Banking) certification can be promoted to a Trainee Officer.
- By default, it takes 6 years of service for an SBI Clerk to give an exam internally and get to the position of Trainee Officer without an exam. The responsibilities of Trainee Officer(TO) is the same as a Probationary Officer(PO)
- After the successful completion of the internal exam when SBI Clerk manages to join as an SBI PO. He/She will have a probationary period of 2 years. During these 2 years, an SBI PO will get the rank of JMGS-1 or Junior Management Grade Scale-1.
- Once the 2 year probation period is completed they will be promoted as Middle Management Grade Scale-II.
- If directly an SBI Clerk wants to be an SBI PO he/she can attempt the SBI PO exam and get to a PO’s post.
SBI Clerk Salary 2019 – Job Postings & Transfer Policy
Many individuals worry about the Job Postings away from their Home town or at any distant branch. Let’s check out the Transfer Conditions for an SBI CLERK;
- SBI Clerk Junior Associates are not eligible for transfers outside the state for the first 5 years of service.
- It is 8 years for candidates selected in a special recruitment drive for Tura, Kashmir Valley, and Ladakh.
You may also like to read -:
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2019 – Mock Tests
SBI Clerk 2019 Mock Tests will help you prepare for the actual exam because they will give you an idea of how the pressure and situation will be and this will help you feel more confident and more prepared. The SBI Clerk Mock Test Series will also help you in judging and understanding your strengths and weaknesses so that you can work on them better. Check what’s in store for you:
- 20 Mocks for SBI Clerk 2019 Prelims
- 10 Mocks for SBI Clerk 2019 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
Read More about SBI Clerk Mock Tests here
That’s all from us in this blog on SBI Clerk Salary 2019. We hope you found the above information useful. This page is your one stop shop for SBI Clerk 2019 exam. Here you will get all the exam updates, FREE Study materials, online quizzes. IF you wish to get in touch with your fellow competitors for preparation of SBI Clerk 2019 Exam, you can visit Oliveboard’s discuss forum. All the best for your Exam preparation
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Enroll for IBPS RRB Cracker Course for 2019 Officer and Assistant Exam preparation
- Preparing for EPFO Assistant Exam? Attempt a Free Test here
- Attempt a FREE MOCK Test for LIC AAO Mains 2019
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test
- Start Preparing for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam with a FREE Mock Test