The SSC CHSL Exam is scheduled to be conducted in July 2019 as per the official notification. To help you with your preparation we have prepared this SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus blog for all the aspirants. This blog will give you a proper idea about the pattern and Syllabus of the SSC CHSL exam, which would help you prepare your preparation strategy accordingly.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus – Tier-I: Objective Computer Based Examination
|General Intelligence Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes|
(Basic Arithmetic Skills)
This examination will consist of Objective Type – Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I ,II & III There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus – Tier-II: Descriptive Examination
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive test of 100 marks
- Would be conducted in pen and paper mode
- The duration of the test will be 80 minutes
- The paper would comprise writing of an Essay (200-250 words) and, Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words
- It can be taken in either Hindi or English
The paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates as it is necessary for government jobs. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 %. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus – Tier-III: Typing/Skill Test
Tier-III of the Examination is a skill test/ typing test which is qualifying in nature. It is conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II).
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer for DEO
- For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): – A speed Test of not less than 15000 key depressions per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on Computer
- Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/ her choice/ option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus – Detailed Syllabus
SSC CHSL Syllabus – General Intelligence:
Includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. Following are some important topics:
- Semantic Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic Operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing Inferences
- Figural Classification
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Embedded figures
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and De-coding
SSC CHSL Syllabus – English Language:
Following topics are covered:
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Passage
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting misspelt words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One Word Substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/ Indirect Narration
- Shuffling of Sentence Parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a Passage
SSC CHSL Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems
- Percentages, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business
- Ratio and Proportion
- Averages Mixtures and Allegation
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and distance
- Time and work.
- Statistical Charts
SSC CHSL Syllabus – General Awareness:
Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
- Economic Scene
- General Policy
- Scientific Research
We hope you find this SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus blog useful for your preparation.
Interact with your fellow aspirants about SSC CHSL Exam and SSC CHSL Study Material in our discussion forum.