Table of Contents
- SSC MTS Syllabus
- SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2023
- SSC MTS Syllabus 2023
- SSC MTS Syllabus 2023 – Conclusion
- SSC MTS 2023 Notification: Frequently Asked Questions
SSC MTS Syllabus
SSC MTS Syllabus 2023 will be mentioned in the official notification that will be released on 30th June 2023. The syllabus and exam pattern give an idea of the questions and difficulty level to the candidates. It is necessary to know the official syllabus and exam pattern of the same. Knowledge of the syllabus and exam pattern will help plan preparation better. We have mentioned below the syllabus and exam pattern as per the previous notification for the candidates. Candidates can find information on important topics and the exam pattern below.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2023
Before going to the syllabus, candidates must be aware of the exam pattern of the SSC MTS Recruitment and the sections included in the examinations. We have mentioned below the latest exam pattern for the candidates.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
The first phase of SSC MTS recruitment is the computer-based test. The exam pattern for the same is given below.
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|Session-1||Numerical and Mathematical Ability||20/60||45 Minutes (60 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes as per para 8)|
|Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving||20/60||“|
|Session-2||General Awareness||25/75||45 Minutes (60 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes as per para 8)|
|English Language and Comprehension||25/75||“|
The following are the qualifying criteria according to the caste.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Criteria|
|All Other Categories||20%|
Points to Remember:
- The performance of the candidate in Session 1 will be evaluated and the Performance in Session 2 will only be evaluated if the candidate clears Session 1.
- The recruitment process for the post of Havaldar will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST).
- For the post of MTS, there will be separate category-wise, State/ UTwise cut-offs in Session II. As the vacancies for MTS are in two age groups i.e. (i) 18 to 25 years and (ii) 18 to 27 years, the Commission may fix separate age group-wise, category-wise, and State/ UT-wise cut-offs in CBE.
- There will be no negative marking in Session-I. In Session II, there will be a negative marking of one mark for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission through Notice No: 11/2018-P&P-I dated 07-02-2019, and such normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2023
The selection process for SSC MTS consists of a computer-based exam consisting of 2 sessions. Both sessions are mandatory. The computer-based exam is common for both MTS and Havaldar posts.
Indicative Syllabus for Computer-Based Examination :
Numerical and Mathematical Ability: It will include questions on problems relating to Integers and Whole Numbers, LCM and HCF, Decimals and Fractions, Relationship between numbers, Fundamental Arithmetic Operations and BODMAS, Percentage, Ratio and Proportions, Work and Time, Direct and inverse Proportions, Averages, Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Area, and Perimeter of Basic Geometric Figures, Distance and Time, Lines and Angles, Interpretation of simple Graphs and Data, Square, and Square roots etc.
Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving: The questions in this part intend to measure the candidates’ general learning ability. The questions will be broadly based on Alpha-Numeric Series, Coding and Decoding, Analogy, Following Directions, Similarities and Differences, Jumbling, Problem Solving and Analysis, Non- verbal Reasoning based on diagrams, Age Calculations, Calendar, and Clock, etc.
General Awareness: The broad coverage of the test will be on Social Studies (History, Geography, Art and Culture, Civics, Economics), General Science, and Environmental studies up to the 10th Standard.
English Language and Comprehension: Candidates’ understanding of the basics of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and correct usage, etc. and to test comprehension, a simple paragraph may be given and question based on the paragraph to be asked.
For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the Paper.
Physical Standards and Tests for PET (For the post of Havaldar)
Following are the PET/ PST standards for the post of Havaldar in CBIC and CBN:
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
There are separate standards for male and female candidates in the Physical Efficiency Test. These are as follows.
|Walking||1600 meters in 15 minutes.||1 Km in 20 minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST):
The minimum physical standards for the post of Havaldar in CBIC and CBN are as follows:
For male candidates:
|157.5 cms. (relaxable by 5 cms. in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, and members of Schedule Tribes)||Chest-81 cms. (fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm.)|
For female candidates:
|152 cms. relaxable by 2.5 Cms in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, and members of Schedule Tribes)||48 kg (relaxable by 2 Kg in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, and members of Schedule Tribes)|
SSC MTS Syllabus 2023 – Conclusion
We hope all prospective candidates have begun their preparation. Make sure to keep up with the latest updates on SSC MTS 2023 with Oliveboard.
SSC MTS 2023 Notification: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Yes, SSC MTS 2023 will not have a Tier-II/Descriptive paper. Instead, there will be one paper divided into two sessions. There will be no negative marking.
Ans. SSC MTS CBT is held in 2 sessions.
- SSC MTS Previous Year Question Papers, Download the PDF
- SSC MTS Salary 2023, Check Salary Structure and Job Description
- SSC MTS Expected Cut Off 2023, Check Category Wise Cut Off
- SSC MTS Answer Key 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- SSC MTS Result 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
- SSC MTS Tier 1 Admit Card 2023 Out, Direct Link to Download
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.