The UPSC CSE Notification 2020 is now out. UPSC conducts the Civil Services Examination (CSE) to recruit officers for various officer levels in all India services such as the Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Foreign Services (IFS), Indian Revenue Services, Indian Police Services (IPS), etc. Here, in this blog, we will discuss the complete exam pattern, exam date, eligibility and how to apply. Take a Free Mock Test Now to assess your prep.
- UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Official
- UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Important Dates
- UPSC CSE Eligibility Criteria 2020
- UPSC CSE Application 2020
- UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Vacancy & Post Applicable
- How to Apply for UPSC CSE 2020?
- UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Exam Pattern
- UPSC CSE Exam Pattern 2020 for Prelims
- UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Exam Pattern for Mains (Written)
- UPSC CSE Admit Card 2020 – How to Download?
- UPSC CSE 2020 – Study Materials
UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Official
The link to download the official notification for the UPSC CSE 2020 is now available, click on the link below to download.
[gdlr_button href=”https://www.upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notification-CSPE_2020_N_Engl.pdf” target=”_blank” size=”large” background=”#1b5df1″ color=”#ffffff”]Download Official Notification[/gdlr_button]
UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Important Dates
- Date of commencement of Online Registration: 12th Feb 2020
- Last date to register for UPSC CSE: 3rd March 2020, till 6:00 PM
- Prelims Exam Date for UPSC CSE: 31st May 2020
- Mains Exam Date for UPSC CSE: 18th September 2020
UPSC CSE Eligibility Criteria 2020
(I) Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act,1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
(II) Age Limits:
- a) Minimum Age Limit – 21 years
- b) Maximum Age Limit – 32 years
*He/She must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1988 and not later than 1st August 1999
(1) For the Indian Administrative Service, the Indian Foreign Service, and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
(2) For other services, a candidate must be either: —
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
UPSC CSE Application 2020
The link to apply online for the UPSC CSE 2020 is now active. You can click on the link provided here to apply online for the Civil services Examination 2020.
[gdlr_button href=”https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php” target=”_blank” size=”large” background=”#1b5df1″ color=”#ffffff”]Apply Online For UPSC CSE[/gdlr_button]
UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Vacancy & Post Applicable
UPSC CSE – VACANCY
The number of vacancies to be filled through the examination is expected to be approximately 796 which includes 24 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category, i.e.
(a) 3 vacancies for blindness and low vision candidates;
(b) 9 Vacancies for deaf and hard of hearing candidates;
(c) 8 Vacancies for locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy candidates; and
(d) 4 Vacancies for multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (c) including deaf-blindness.
*Note: The final number of vacancies may undergo change after getting the firm number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities.
UPSC CSE – POSTS APPLICABLE
(i) Indian Administrative Service.
(ii) Indian Foreign Service.
(iii) Indian Police Service.
(iv) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(viii) Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
(xv) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
(xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
(xvii) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
(xviii) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
(xix) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
(xx) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
(xxi) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli
Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxii) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiv) Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
How to Apply for UPSC CSE 2020?
Step 1: Registration
- Click on the link provided above or directly go to upsconline.nic.in
- Select online application for various examinations.
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email Address and Mobile Number.
- Enter the Submit button and you will receive your login credentials over registered email id.
Step 2: Application form
- Login again with the credentials
- Fill personal details, educational details & employment details
- Keep saving the page after every successful action
- You will be able to make changes before the final submission
- No changes are permitted after the final submission, so be very careful.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
- A passport size photograph
- Scanned image of the signature
Note*- The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Step 4: Fee payment
- Choose the payment method between Online & Offline
- 100/- INR is applicable for General while (females, SC, ST, EWS & OBC certified candidates are exempted from the fee payment
- For online payment, you can choose either of Visa/Master/Rupay – credit card/debit card or Internet Banking Services of SBI.
- For offline payment, download the e-challan and submit the cash in SBI bank branches on the next day itself.
UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Exam Pattern
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts
Toppers are taking the GS topic test to prepare, Check yours! Take Free GS Tests in Latest Pattern Now
UPSC CSE Exam Pattern 2020 for Prelims
Marks / Duration
|General Studies Paper-I||Merit Ranking (in prelims)||General Studies||Marks: 200
Duration: 2 Hours
|General Studies Paper-II||Qualifying Paper (33% min)||Aptitude Test (CSAT)||Marks: 200
Duration: 2 Hours
*The papers are objective type.
UPSC CSE Notification 2020 – Exam Pattern for Mains (Written)
The UPSC CSE 2020 Exam Pattern for Main (written) Examination has the following papers -:
|Qualifying Papers (Non-Ranking)|
|Paper A||One of the Indian languages to be selected by the candidate from18 the languages included in the 8th Schedule to the Constitution.||300 Marks|
|Paper B||English||300 Marks|
|Papers to be Counted for Merit (Ranking)|
|Paper I||Essay||250 Marks|
|Paper-II||General Studies I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)||250 Marks|
|Paper III||General Studies II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||250 Marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies III (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250 Marks|
|Paper V||General Studies IV (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)||250 Marks|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject- Paper 1||250 Marks|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject- Paper 2||250 Marks|
|For the optional papers in the Main Examination, UPSC has a list of about twenty-six subjects out of which any one subject must be selected by the candidate.|
|Subtotal (Written Test)||1750 Marks|
|Personality Test (Interview)||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
UPSC CSE Admit Card 2020 – How to Download?
The admit card for UPSC CSE 2020 will be made available around 15-20 days prior to the exam date i: e 31st May 2020. Here are a few steps on how to download the admit card.
Step 1: Visit Official Website (upsconline.nic.in)
Step 2: Click on download IAS Admit Card
Step 3: Enter your Registration id or roll number followed by the date of birth of the candidate or password
Step 4: Submit the details after filling the Captcha
Step 5: Print CSE 2020 Admit Card
UPSC CSE 2020 – Study Materials
Here is a list of materials provided by us for the UPSC CSE 2020 Exam preparation.
- 30 General Studies Test
- 5 CSAT Test
- Ranking on Leaderboard (All India)
- Access to magazines like Yojana, Kurukshetra, etc.
- Free Study Notes & eBooks
- Revision Notes (Science, environment, History, Polity & more)
- Prelims Dose
- Daily Current Affairs Notes
- Video Lessons
That will be all from us here. We will keep updating the information here as and when they are declared by the UPSC. Keep checking the space to not miss any update inferring to the Civil Services Exam 2020.
- Crack IBPS Clerk 2020 Online Course – Join Now
- Join EDGE Courses for Bank Exams – Get personal mentoring by experts
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here