UPSC EPFO EO/AO Syllabus
The UPSC has designed a comprehensive syllabus that covers various subjects, including General English, General Studies, Indian Polity, Economy, and Social Security. Moreover, candidates must familiarize themselves with the exam pattern, which comprises a written examination followed by an interview. Understanding the syllabus and exam pattern will help candidates strategize their preparation effectively and increase their chances of success. In this blog, we will provide you with the UPSC EPFO EO/AO Syllabus 2023 and the exam pattern in detail.
UPSC EPFO EO/AO Exam Pattern
The UPSC EPFO Exam is divided into two stages. The first stage entails carrying Objective type questions, and the second stage entails an interview. The commission will conduct a pen-and-paper-based written test to shortlist candidates for interviews. The exam pattern is given here in a simple form here. The written exam has objective-type questions. And the total time to complete the exam is 2 hours.
CBT Exam Pattern 2023
- The total time given for the examination is two hours.
- The questions will be objective type with multiple-choice of answers.
- There will be negative markings and one-third of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The paper will have two parts.
|Part||Subjects||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Part A||General English – Fill in the blanks, Antonyms, Synonyms, Spotting Errors||300 Marks||2 Hours|
|Part B||Indian Freedom StruggleCurrent Events and Developmental IssuesIndian Polity and EconomyGeneral Accounting PrinciplesIndustrial Relations and Labour LawsGeneral Science & Knowledge of Computer ApplicationsGeneral Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude||300 Marks||2 Hours|
UPSC EPFO EO/AO Exam Syllabus 2023
The requirement test has various sections from which the questions are asked. The sections of the recruitment test as per the UPSC EPFO Syllabus are:
- General English
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Current Events and Developmental Issues
- Indian Polity and Economy
- General Accounting Principles
- Industrial Relations and Labour Laws
- General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
- General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- Social Security in India
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2023 – General English
- Phrase replacement
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence completion/ para completion
- Cloze Test, Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks,
- Para Jumbles
- Phrases/ Idioms
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2023 – Indian Freedom Struggle
- British Expansion in India
- Early Structure of the British Raj
- Economic Impact of British Colonial Rule
- Social and Cultural Developments
- Social and Religious Reform Movements
- Indian Response to British Rule
- Factors leading to the birth of Indian Nationalism; Politics of Association
- Origins of Modern Politics
- Struggle for Independence Under Gandhi Ji.
- Labour Movements During this phase.
UPSC EPFO EO/AO Syllabus 2023 – Labour laws and Industrial Relations
|Laws relating to Industrial Relations-||Industrial Disputes Act, 194Trade Unions Act, 1926|
|Laws relating to Wages||Minimum Wages Act, 1948Payment of Wages Act, 1936Payment of Bonus Act, 1965|
|Laws relating to Social Security||Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948Labour Welfare Fund Act (of respective States)Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972Employee’s Compensation Act, 1923|
|Laws relating to Working Hours, Conditions of Services and Employment||Factories Act, 1948Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946Shops and Commercial Establishments Act (of respective States)Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1979Weekly Holiday Act, 1942National and Festival Holidays Act (of respective States) 1963The Plantation Labour Act, 1951The Mines Act, 1952The Dock Workers (Safety, Health & Welfare) Act, 1986|
|Laws relating to Equality and Empowerment of Women||Equal Remuneration Act, 1976Maternity Benefits Act, 1961|
|Prohibitive Labour Laws||Bonded Labour System (Abolition), Act, 1976Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986The Beedi and Cigar Workers (Conditions of Employment) Act, 1966The Sexual Harassment at the Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013|
|Laws relating to Employment and Training||Apprentices Act, 1961Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959|
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2023 – Indian Polity & Economy
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution
- Political System
- Panchayati Raj
- Public Policy
- Rights Issues
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development
- Sector Initiatives
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2023 – General Accounting Principles
- Principles of Accounting
- Analyzing & Recording Transactions
- Adjustments & Financial Statements
- Completion of the accounting cycles
- Subsidiary Ledgers
- Special Journals.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2023 – General Mental Ability
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
- Arithmetic questions
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2023 – Social Security In India
- What is Social Security?
- History of Social Security
- Social Security in India
- Social Security: Constitutional Provisions
- Government scheme
We hope this blog gave you a better understanding of the UPSC EPFO EO/AO Syllabus 2023. To read more such blogs, visit the Oliveboard website!
- 9 December Current Affairs 2023 in English
- Legends League Cricket 2023 – Schedule, Venue, Teams
- APAAR One Nation One ID Card, Complete Information
- The Life and Legacy of India’s First Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- Pongal 2024, Celebrations, History & Significance
UPSC EPFO EO/AO Syllabus 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. UPSC will select candidates on the basis of their performance in the recruitment test and the interview.
Ans. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus for each subject mentioned in this blog.
Ans. Yes, there will be negative markings for each wrong answer.
Hey everyone, I’m Vaishnavi Kumari, an edtech writer and a dedicated aspirant for government exams, including banking and SSC exams. Having worked with several edtech platforms, I am committed to providing you with essential and accurate information to ace these exams. With my experience as both a writer and an aspirant, I understand your needs and challenges, and my aim is to make your preparation journey smoother. I’ll focus on specific sections of the exams, compiling comprehensive and helpful content that covers the crucial topics, tips, and strategies you need to succeed. Let’s conquer these exams together!