The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) recently released the recruitment notification for the position of Enforcement Officer / Accounts Officers in the EPFO department under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. This is one of the most sought position by the aspirants as it is a monotonous position and is often released, therefore attracting a large mass of aspirants. But before start preparing for the exam, it becomes very important to know about the UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020. In this blog, we will be covering the detailed description of the topics and their sub-topics present in the UPSC EPFO Enforcement officer syllabus 2020. Let’s start the blog to know further details.
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Exam Scheme
- Lockdown Live Test – Free Daily Mock Test
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 For Written Test
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 For General English:
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Indian Freedom Struggle:
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Current Events & Developmental Issues
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Indian Polity & Economy
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – General Accounting principles
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Exam Scheme
A pen & paper based Recruitment Test (RT) to short-list the candidates for Interview for recruitment to the posts of Enforcement Officers/Accounts Officers shall be conducted by the Commission on 04.10.2020.
Exam Pattern – Details
1. The test will be of two hours duration.
2. All questions will carry equal marks.
3. The test will be objective type questions with multiple choices of answers.
4. The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
5. There will be penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
Recruitment Test (RT) and Interview carry weightage in the ratio of 75:25 for the candidates shortlisted based on Recruitment Test (RT) and qualify in the interview.
Lockdown Live Test – Free Daily Mock Test
Compete with Friends – Invite Friends to take Daily Live Tests with you – Invite Your friends and take the test with the people who are also preparing for the test along with you. Get a real-time competition idea and attempt questions strategically.
2. Get All India Standing – Compete with not only your friends but aspirants around the country who are taking up the exam which you also are targeting. This would help you understand where do you stand preparation-wise and what are things you need to focus more on. Also, this competition would be very close to the actual exam as the same people are going to be writing the exams with you.
3. Analyze your weakness – Oliveboard also provides with AI-based Analytics of the performance of the test taken. It covers every unique detail like how much time you took on each question, which questions were rightly attempted and which were wrong. How much time di you spent on each question and whether that question was correctly attempted or not. This will help you pick out on the weaker areas and you can prepare the topic accordingly.
4. Improve your score by +10 – As we all know that practice is the only thing that will put your hard work to test and eventually help you realize your goals. Taking Oliveboard Mocks will help increase your score substantially in the coming exams where every single mark becomes of the utmost importance. Our experts have curated that an aspirant increases their average marks by 10 after taking 16 tests on the Oliveboard Platform. Isn’t that exciting? So, what are you waiting for, Take A Live Test Now!
5. Understand all PO and Clerk Level Question Types – The tests are a complete mixture of questions from both prelims and mains level for different exams. This would help you understand the level of questions that are asked in the exam. Take A Test yourself and get a complete understanding of the exam and its pattern.
You can click here to access the Lockdown Live Test.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 For Written Test
Now that we have familiarised you with the exam pattern, let us now have a look at the UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 for the exam;
The syllabus of the Test broadly comprises the following topics:-
- General English- To evaluate a candidate’s understanding of English language & workmanlike use of words
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Current Events and Developmental Issues
- Indian Polity & Economy
- General Accounting principles
- Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- General Science & knowledge of Computer applications
- General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- Social Security in India
Now we will further look into these broad topics to get a better understanding of the sub-topics to be covered under these.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 For General English:
Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Para Jumbles, Phrases/ Idioms, Phrase replacement, Reading comprehension, Sentence completion/ para completion, Spellings, Synonyms/Antonyms.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Indian Freedom Struggle:
UPSC EPF Syllabus 2020 for British extension:
The Carnatic Wars, invasion of Bengal. Mysore and its confrontation with British expansion: The three Anglo-Maratha Wars. Regulating and Pitt’s India Acts. Early composition of the British raj.
UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Syllabus for Confrontation to British rule:
Early uprisings; The 1857 Revolt-reasons, character, course and result, Indian Freedom struggle the first stage: Growth of national consciousness; creation of Associations; Establishment of the Indian National Congress and its Moderate stage; Swadeshi Movement; Economic Nationalism; The development of Extremism and the split in Congress; The policy of Divide and Rule; Congress-League Pact of 1916.
Gandhian thoughts and techniques of mass mobilization:
Civil Disobedience, the Khilafat movement, Non-Cooperation Movement, and Quit India Movement; another strand in the National Movement-Revolutionaries, Subhash Chandra Bose, and the Indian National Army.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Current Events & Developmental Issues
Current events basically refers to as the daily current affairs that are important from exam point of view. Developmental Issues confine to the schemes and laws made public by the government to maintain the decorum and for the ease of run of the constitution. developmental issues also covers the yojana’s revealed by the government for the betterment of the public.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Indian Polity & Economy
UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Syllabus 2020 For Indian Polity:
Indian Constitution, historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these, Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 For Economy:
Economic growth and development – basic concept and definition of economy and economics, use and transfer of resources, distributive effects, macro and microeconomic policy, micro-macro balance, distributive impact of economic policies, Inclusion – definition, relevance, types, financial inclusion, recent initiatives. Fiscal policy – definition, component, receipts, revenue and capital account, tax revenue, expenditure, budget.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – General Accounting principles
Principles of Accounting, Analyzing & Recording Transactions, Adjustments & Financial Statements, Completion of the accounting cycles, Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
Enforcement Officer Syllabus 2020 for Labour Laws –
- Areas implemented
- sectors applicable
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Industrial Relations –
- Industrial relations code (IRC) Bill
- Model of labour reforms.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
UPSC Enforcement Officer Syllabus 2020 for General Science:
- Life Science
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 for Computer Applications –
- Computer organisations
- Operating Systems
- Database management
- Data structures
- Data communications
- Computer networks
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 for General Mental Ability:
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables)
- Data sufficiency
- Puzzles & More
All this at Class X level.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020 – Social Security In India:
What is Social Security?, History of Social security, Social Security in India, Social Security: Constitutional Provisions
Concurrent List, Part IV Directive Principles of State Policy, Difference between Organized and Unorganized Sectors
SOCIAL SECURITY LAWS in India, Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (ESI Act), Employees’ Provident Funds Act, 1952, Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 (WC Act), Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 (M.B. Act), Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (P.G. Act), Social Security In India: Different From Developed Nations, Provident Fund.
NOTE: “Although the notifications does not specify a list of sub-topics, the ones mentioned here are based on syllabus of other UPSC Exams.”
That is all from us in this blog. We have covered the relevant UPSC EPFO Syllabus 2020, to help you cast your preparations in a particular direction. We hope that this blog helps you answer your queries regarding the UPSC EPFO Exam syllabus. keep checking the space for more updates and fresh content.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Join our telegram channel for receiving daily updates about class and relevant study materials for all the banking/ government/ insurance exam.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test