CLAT 2023 application process has started on 8th August 2022.CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is an all-India admission exam for lawyers. The exam will be held for applicants interested in law programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Consortium of National Law Universities will oversee the CLAT test. The test will be administered to the country's 22 law schools. Qualified candidates can be admitted to various universities across India.
Attempt a Mock Test now!
CLAT 2023 - Overview
The CLAT 2023 exam will take place on December 18, 2022. CLAT test pattern 2023- the exam will last two hours, and students will be required to complete 150 objective-type problems (CLAT PG will contain 120 MCQs). The Consortium will offer the examination in a pen and paper format.
|Event ||Dates for CLAT 2023|
|Release of admission notification||8th August 2023|
|Start of CLAT 2022 online application form||8th August 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||13th November 2023|
|Release of admit card||To be notified |
|CLAT 2023 exam date||18th December 2022|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be notified|
|Release of final answer key||To be notified|
|Declaration of results||To be notified|
|Commencement of counselling||To be notified |
The eligibility criteria for CLAT has been given below in detail. The candidates must meet the following eligibility-
- The candidate should be an Indian national.
- NRIs candidates can apply for CLAT.
- NRIs can contact participating universities directly to inquire about admission provisions for non-resident candidates.
There is no age limit to appear for this exam.
For undergraduate course
- Candidates must have passed a recognized board's Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate or equivalent examination from the 10 plus 2 education system.
- Candidates must have received at least 45 per cent of the total marks in the aggregate, and if they are from the SC/ST category, they must have received at least 40 per cent of the total marks.
- Students who have taken the qualifying exam in March/April 2023 will also be eligible to apply. At the time of admission, such candidates must provide proof of passing the qualifying examination.
For postgraduate course
- Candidates must have obtained an LL.B. or a five-year Integrated LL.B. degree from a recognized university and meet the requirements set out by the participating universities.
- Candidates must receive at least 50% of the total marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates who will be taking the qualifying exam in April/May 2022 will also be eligible to apply.
CLAT Eligibility criteria for International students
- Candidates applying under the NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National category should contact their respective universities for admission requirements, eligibility, required documents, and other related inquiries.
- For those National law universities that need the CLAT Exam as a condition for admission to the category, candidates requesting NRI status must take CLAT 2023.
- The CLAT Office will be in charge of releasing a list of candidates who are eligible for this category of admission.
- In all other cases, candidates must check with the universities they wish to attend to see if CLAT 2023 is required for NRI admissions.
Attempt a Mock Test now!
Number of attempts
The candidates can appear in the exam as many times they wish as there is no time limit to appear in the exam.
Important points to note for CLAT Eligibility criteria
Candidates must note the following things carefully-
- Candidates who do not meet the CLAT 2023 eligibility requirements will be disqualified, even if they pass the admission exam. As a result, candidates must carefully examine the NLU Consortium's eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must achieve the minimum needed marks in the qualifying test (Class 12 for CLAT UG and last year of graduation for CLAT PG). Candidates who do not get the required minimum score in the qualifying exam will be rejected from the CLAT admission procedure.
- Candidates who are taking the qualifying examination must provide their qualifying exam results and mark sheet/certificate at the time of counseling, or the university may cancel their admission.
- Candidates applying under the reserved category, domicile category, must submit supporting documentation.
We hope the article has given you relevant information regarding CLAT Eligibility, including nationality, age limit, educational qualifications, number of attempts, etc., as well as important points to remember for CLAT eligibility criteria. For any queries, contact us at Oliveboard.
Attempt a Mock Test now!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any specific age limit to appear for the CLAT exam?
Ans. No, there is no specific age limit to appear for the CLAT exam.
2. Are there any restrictions on the number of attempts for appearing in the CLAT exam?
Ans. The candidates can appear in the exam as many times they wish as there is no limit.
3. What if the candidates fail to meet the eligibility criteria?
Ans. Candidates who do not meet the CLAT 2023 eligibility requirements will be disqualified, even if they pass the admission exam.
4. What documents are required to be uploaded along with the application form?
Ans. The following documents must be uploaded along with the application form- passport size photo, scanned copy of the signature, and copy of domicile certificate.
5. Are commerce students allowed to give CLAT exam?
Ans. Yes, students from any stream can appear in the CLAT exam.