About ICMR Assistant
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), is the apex body for the formulation, coordination, and promotion of biomedical research in India. Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health, and Family Welfare funds ICMR. In 2007 the organization established the Clinical Trials Registry - India, which is India's national registry for clinical trials and the council's research priorities coincide with National health priorities. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is holding a Direct Recruitment Examination/test for the posts of ASSISTANT (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh currently.
ICMR Assistant Mock Test
Oliveboard provides online mock tests for the preparation of the ICMR Assistant 2020. The tests include thousands of questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the ICMR Assistant exam with great success.
The mock tests have the following features:
- The Test series will consist of 5 full-length ICMR Assistant Mock Tests
- 5 Mock Tests for ICMR Assistant in the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- The mock tests are designed as per the latest exam pattern.
- The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
- Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Coach. Get an all-India ranking.
- The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
ICMR Assistant Notification
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi has entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh for holding of Direct Recruitment Examination/test for the posts of ASSISTANT (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh. A total of 80 vacancies are announced for the posts of ASSISTANT (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR and its Institutes/Centers across India.
The candidates selected for this post may be posted anywhere by the Competent Authority of ICMR, New Delhi as it carries All India service liability. The above vacancy is provisional and subject to variation. Candidates can find more details in the notification PDF or the sections below.
ICMR Assistant Important Dates
Important timelines for the examination/test process will be as under
|Item(s) / Activities||Timeline (s)/ Remarks|
|Opening date for online registration for filling up of online application on PGIMER’s / ICMR’s websites www.pgimer.edu.in and www.icmr.nic.in.||To Be Out Soon|
|Closing date for online registration & submission of online applications||To Be Out Soon|
|Opening date for availability of admit cards for downloading from PGIMER’s & ICMR’s websites||To Be Out Soon|
|Date for Computer Based Test (CBT) for 80 Marks||To Be Out Soon|
ICMR Assistant Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the Direct Recruitment Examination/test for the posts of ASSISTANT (Group-B Level-6) is given below with details of subjects, marks and subject-wise number of questions (MCQ).
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Total Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills)||20||20|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||20||20|
- 80% marks/weightage will be for the written/Computer Based Test (MCQs).
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Test will be normalized. Normalized scores will be used to determine final merit and cut-off marks. For the purpose of normalization, VH candidates will be considered only with the candidates of the main shift.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps / Graphs/ Diagrams / Statistical Data in the General Intelligence / Quantitative Aptitude subjects.
- Skill Tests were prescribed in the Essential Qualification will be conducted and 20% marks/weightage would be given.
ICMR Assistant Syllabus
Indicative Syllabus for Computer Based Test. Question papers will be in the English language only. Questions may be picked up from among the following subjects/specialties.
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision-making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem-Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, drawing inferences, punched hole/ pattern – folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the general awareness of the environment and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity & Scientific Research.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
ICMR Assistant Eligibility Criteria
(i) Minimum three years Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institute; and
(ii) Working Knowledge of Computer (MS Office / PowerPoint)
The candidates should not be above 30 years.
Note: The date for determining age limit/eligibility in respect of Minimum Essential Qualification(s) shall be as on the prescribed closing date for submission of online applications.
ICMR Assistant Application Process
The Application Process for ICMR Assistant has started and the last date to apply for the ICMR Assistant exam is 03-12-2020.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD): Exempted from payment of a fee.
- SC/ST/EWS/Women: Rs.1200/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable.
- For all others: Rs.1500/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable.
Note: The candidates can deposit the above application fee through an online payment gateway available at the APPLICATION PORTAL using Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
Steps To Apply Online For ICMR Assistant
- All eligible candidates willing to apply in response to this advertisement notice should visit ICMR and PGIMER website www.icmr.nic.in and www.pgimer.edu.in and register himself/herself.
- Then fill in other details i.e. post applied for, Name of Candidate, Date of birth, category, e-mail ID, mobile number etc. to register. (Candidates should apply only once for the post)
- Login using the credentials and fill in the complete details of the application form like personal details, educational qualification, and other details.
- Upload the photo & signature as per the mentioned dimensions.
- Verify all your details.
- Complete the online payment and take a print of the registration slip.
Candidate(s) should note that no edit option will be available to them after saving the application finally.
Steps to Apply afresh after the Written Examination (Shortlisted Candidates)
The candidates shortlisted after the written test will be required to apply afresh offline within the prescribed time along with all the certificates/ documents/ testimonials etc. on a given format which will be made available on the website of the Institute along with the notice for shortlisting of the candidates on the basis of written examination. Shortlisted candidates will be required to furnish the following certificates/documents/ testimonials along with their offline application:-
- Print out the online application form.
- Self-attested/attested copy of mark sheet of Matric, 10+2, and other higher qualifications as per the requirement of the recruitment rules of the post concerned.
- Self-attested/attested copy of caste/category certificate viz. SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD.
- No Objection Certificate from the present employer in case a candidate is working in Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous Body etc.
To Be Out Soon