MAH MBA CET Eligibility Criteria
The following are the criteria for MAH MBA CET or MHCET:
The minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years and there is no cap on maximum age.
The eligibility criteria for candidates applying to MAH MBA CET 2023 online test are as follows:
- Candidates must have a valid bachelor's degree from a UGC-recognized university or institute.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent and at least 45% for backward class categories and Persons with Disability (PwD) belonging to Maharashtra State only or its equivalent.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examination of any Bachelor's degree to be awarded by any of the Universities recognized by the University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline are also eligible to apply
- Candidates who apply as NRI/Foreign National/Foreign Student/ PIO/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries must satisfy the basic educational qualification.
- CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ GMAT candidates are also eligible to apply against All India seats.
Take Free Mock Test Here
|Educational Qualifications||3 years Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a university recognized by UGC/AIU. For Reserved categories and disabled persons (belonging to Maharashtra State only), an aggregate of 45% is required.|
Final Year Students with Bachelor's Degree are eligible to apply.
MAH MBA CET Eligibility Criteria for Maharashtra State (MS) Candidate
Qualifying on any of the 4 categories shall place your candidature as the Maharashtra State (MS) candidate. Registering and applying for MAH CET 2023 as an MS candidate will open more opportunities and more admission options in top MBA colleges in Maharashtra.
MS candidate: Type A
An aspirant who has passed HSC and qualifying examination from Maharashtra state is a Maharashtra Candidate. If the applicant didn't pass HSC but passed Diploma in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy and any other qualifying examination from Maharashtra State, they will be termed as Maharashtra State Candidate. In addition to this fact, if the Candidate is Domiciled or Born in the State of Maharashtra, they will be the Maharashtra State Candidate and should mention it while registering and applying for MAH MBA CET 2023 online.
MS Candidate: Type B
You could be Maharashtra State (MS) Candidate if you or your Father or Mother are domiciled in the State of Maharashtra. It is not necessary that you were born or studied in the State of Maharashtra. In case it is the place of domicile of any 3 of you as shared above, you could reap the benefits of being an MS candidate.
MS Candidate: Type C
If either of your parents i.e. Father or Mother, is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking who is posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submitting the application for admission, you are a Maharashtra State candidate.
If you wish to appear in MAH CET 2023 as a Maharashtra State candidate and your parents are supposed to report for duty in Maharashtra state but are delaying it, if they report for duty you can apply for MAH CET as an MS candidate to gain all the benefits of Maharashtra State candidature.
MS Candidate: Type D
An applicant will be considered as Maharashtra State Candidate if their Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of Maharashtra/Government of Maharashtra Undertaking. Although such employees are usually not posted out of the state, in case they are posted in some other states or are on deputation to some other departments, the candidate would still be considered as a Maharashtra state candidate.
MAH MBA CET 2023 Eligibility for Outside-State Candidates
All Indian National candidates who don't fall under any of the types reserved for Maharashtra state candidature will fall under this category. In case a candidate claiming the Candidature as Maharashtra Type A/B/C/D fails to submit the required documents mentioned above under the note then such candidates will be automatically converted to All India Candidates and these candidates will be given the benefit of All India Seats Only.
Candidate must fulfill any one of the below-mentioned academic qualifications to claim seats under Outside Maharashtra State candidates:
- Passing the HSC examination and/ or the qualifying examination (Bachelor's Degree) from a college located outside Maharashtra state affiliated to any University which is not in Maharashtra State and not satisfying any of the conditions stated in Type B, C, D of MS candidature above as regards to parent's status.
- Passing the HSC examination from a school in Maharashtra and the qualifying examination (Bachelor's Degree) from a college located outside Maharashtra state affiliated to S.N.D.T. Women's University and not satisfying any of the conditions stated in i.e. Type B, C, D of MS above as regards to parent's status.
MAH MBA CET 2023 Special Reservations
Candidates who belong to backward class categories from the state of Maharashtra only have certain special reservations. These candidates will have to submit the "Caste Certificate" in order to avail the benefits associated with the reservation. This certificate is issued by the Executive Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate in Maharashtra State. The list of various backward classes from the state of Maharashtra is given below-
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Castes Converts to Buddhism ( SC )
- Scheduled Tribes including those living outside specified areas ( ST )
- Vimukta Jati & Denotified Tribes (VJ/DT) i.e. NT(A)
- Nomadic Tribes– 1 ( NT-B)
- Nomadic Tribes– 2 ( NT-C)
- Nomadic Tribes– 3 (NT-D)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Special Backward Class (SBC)
Candidates who are applying under SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT (C), NT (D), OBC, and SBC categories will have to submit a "Caste Validity Certificate" issued by the Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department. Candidates applying under the ST category should submit a "Tribe Validity Certificate". This certificate will be issued by the Scrutiny Committee of the Tribal Department at the time of admission.
Candidates applying under VJ/DT (NT(A)), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, and SBC categories must get a "Non Creamy layer Certificate". This certificate is issued by the Sub Divisional Officer / Deputy Collector of the district alongside their caste certificate. It should be valid up to March 31, 2023.
Candidates belonging to backward class categories will be eligible only if they belong to the state of Maharashtra only. Candidates must ensure that their relevant category documents/certificates are issued by appropriate authorities only.
Take Free Mock Test Here
MAH MBA CET 2023 Eligibility for Persons with Disability
For PwD Candidates there exists some special reservations. The least percentage for disability is 40%. The nature of the disability should be permanent. The PwD candidates will be accepted from the state of Maharashtra only. They should fall under Type A or B of Candidature for Maharashtra State candidates. There are three main categories for PwD candidates:
- PH-1: Visually impaired (blind) candidates (P1)
- PH-2: Speech & hearing impaired (dumb and deaf ) candidates, (P2)
- PH-3: Candidates with orthopedic disorders and learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Spastic (P3)
Candidates applying under the PwD category must submit a certificate in the prescribed Proforma - F. This certificate is issued by the Director, All India Institute of Physically Handicapped, Mumbai. Else Dean/Civil Surgeon of the Government/Civil Hospitals at District Headquarters can also issue this certificate.