Punjab National Bank (PNB), India's first Swadeshi Bank, commenced its operations on April 12, 1895 from Lahore, with an authorized capital of INR 2 lac and working capital of INR 20,000. The Bank was established by the spirit of nationalism and was the first bank purely managed by Indians with Indian Capital. During the long history of the Bank, 9 banks have been merged/ amalgamated with PNB. This article will provide details about the PNB Credit Officer Salary & Job Profile, opportunities for career growth, and other recruitment details.
PNB Credit Officer Salary & Job Profile
PNB Credit Officer Salary
The breakdown of salary for PNB Credit Officer has been tabulated below.
|Post Code||Name of Post||Grade||No. of Vacancies||Scale of Pay|
|1||Manager (Risk) ||MMGS-II ||40||48170-1740/1-49910- 1990/10-69810|
|2||Manager(Credit)||MMGS-II ||100||48170-1740/1-49910- 1990/10-69810|
|3||Senior Manager (Treasury)||MMGS-II ||05||63840-1990/5-73790- 2220/2-78230|
Note: DA, CCA, HRA/leased accommodation, Leave Fare Concession, Medical Insurance, retirement benefits and other perquisites shall be as per Bank rules.
If you are chosen as a PNB Credit Officer 2022, you will have various jobs and obligations to fulfil. Some of the tasks you must do are listed below. Please keep in mind that credit is at the heart of the banking business. The bank operates on Loans and Advances, and a large portion of the bank's earnings is derived only from Credit. And, because this is a specialised recruitment campaign, the opportunities for advancement are greater.
- The Credit Officer controls the full lending process, from application through loan disbursement and monitoring. The credit officer is responsible for the initial application and assessment, analysis and recommendations, and the disbursement or refusal of the request. Several elements influence creditworthiness, including income, job history, debt-to-income ratio, and CIBIL reports.
- If you work in a Zonal or Regional Office, the credit officer will be part of the team and in-charge of the initial examination, company visits, analysis, and recommendations. In the case of small branches, the credit officer may have total responsibility right up until the sanctioning.
- Following approval, credit officers are responsible for monitoring repayment status and keeping an eye on NPAs. This is one of the most difficult yet intriguing professions in banks, as all loan/lending choices are made based on the credit officer's suggestion.
- Promotions of this cadre are faster than those of SO IT or SO Marketing Officers. The Credit Official is a lower-level officer, whereas the Manager is one rank higher.
- Junior Management Grade Scale I, often known as Assistant Manager, is a position in the management ranks.
- POs are promoted to Middle Management Grade Scale-II, sometimes known as Manager, after their first promotion. After their second promotion, managers are moved to Middle Management Grade Scale III, often known as Senior Manager.
- After their third promotion, senior managers are promoted to Head Management Grade Scale IV, known as Chief Manager.
- A Chief Manager is a member of the Executive Class. You are then promoted to Head Management Grade Scale V as Assistant General Manager, Top Management Grade Scale VI as Deputy General Manager, and eventually Top Management Grade Scale VII as General Manager.
We hope you found this article to help you get the information you needed. The PNB Credit Officer Salary & Job Profile 2022 may be seen here. The job's responsibilities and advantages are well described in the article. You have more than enough time to prepare for the exam now that the recruitment announcement for 2022 has been issued. You may get a copy of the curriculum by clicking here. Examine it carefully. Get the books you need and read them. Keep the details on hand at all times. While you're preparing, have a positive mindset. You're going to make it. If you have any queries about the PNB Credit Officer Salary & Job Profile or the roles and tasks of a Credit Officer, please contact us.
1. What is PNB Credit Officer Salary & Job Profile?
According to the most recent announcement, the newly hired PNB Credit Officer would be paid a starting salary of Rs 36000, which will increase as you go through the ranks. The Credit Officer controls the full lending process, from application through loan disbursement and monitoring. The credit officer is responsible for the initial application and assessment, analysis and recommendations, and the disbursement or refusal of the request.
2. As a PNB Credit Officer, where will one be assigned?
You might be stationed anyplace in India where PNB has a presence.