About RBI Grade B Exam
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India's central banking institution, was established in the year 1935. Though formerly privately owned, since nationalization in 1945, RBI is wholly owned by the Government of India. RBI is responsible for currency issues and circulation, maintaining financial stability and managing government accounts.
Here are the 7 Major Functions of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- The sole issuer of all currency notes except one rupee note.
- Banker to the Government.
- Custodian of cash reserves of commercial banks.
- Custodian of country's foreign currency reserves.
- Lender of last resort.
- Central Clearance and accounts settlement.
- Controller of credit.
If you are someone who is aspiring to work with the central bank of India i.e. RBI, you can take up the RBI Grade B exam which is conducted every year to recruit Grade B Officers in RBI
RBI Grade B Notification
RBI Grade B Notification 2022
Every year the Reserve Bank of India notifies about the vacancies for direct recruitment for the posts of Officer in Grade B (DR) (GENERAL), Officers in Grade B (DR) (DEPR) and Officers in Grade B (DR) (DSIM).
RBI Grade B 2022 - Expected Month and Date
The recruitment notification for the year 2022 is yet to be announced and is expected in the month of December 2021 or January 2022.
RBI Grade B Recruitment 2021
The recruitment notification for RBI Grade B 2021 was released on the 28th of January 2021. A total of 322 vacancies were announced. Out of these 322 vacancies, 270 posts were for the RBI Grade B General post, 29 posts were for the DEPR post and 23 posts were for the DSIM post.
RBI Grade B Exam Dates
RBI Grade B Phase 1 and Phase 2 exam dates will be announced in the official notification.
|Online Registrations Begins||To be announced soon|
|Online Registrations Ends||To be announced soon|
|RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam Date||To be announced soon|
|RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Date||To be announced soon|
We would like to tell you that the RBI Grade B 2021 phase 1 exam was conducted on the 6th of March 2021, phase 2 on the 1st of April 2021.
RBI Grade B Mock Test
Oliveboard offers the latest exam pattern RBI Grade B test series comprising of
RBI Grade B Mock Test Series has the following features:
- 10 RBI Grade B Phase 1 Mock Tests with Solutions
- 30 Objective Phase 2 Mock Tests (15 - ESI & 15 - FM)
- 6 Descriptive Phase 2 Tests (3 - ESI & 3 – FM)
- 75+ ESI & FM Topic-Tests
In addition to this, our subject matter experts also evaluate your descriptive mock tests.
RBI Grade B Eligibility
RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates, intending to apply for RBI Grade B recruitment 2022 should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria as specified by RBI in their advertisement.
The eligibility criteria for RBI Grade B Recruitment is as follows
RBI Grade B Age Limit
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 years
(For candidates possessing M.Phil. and PhD qualification, the upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.)
Category-Wise Age relaxations:
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Ex-employees of banking institutions: 5 years
- Candidates who had been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989: 5 years
- Ex-servicemen: 5 years
- ECOs/SSCOs: 5 years
- Persons with disabilities: 10 years
For candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/Financial Institution in Public Sector as also prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, the upper age limit is relaxed to the extent of the number of completed years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years.
RBI Grade B Education Qualification
For RBI Grade B (DR) - (General)
- A minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor's degree.
- The minimum qualifying percentage or an equivalent grade for the Bachelor's degree will be in aggregate for all semesters/years
RBI Grade B Vacancy
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2022
Vacancies for the RBI Grade B exam 2022 will be announced in the RBI Grade B notification. We can expect 120 to150 RBI Grade B (DR) vacancies in the upcoming RBI Grade B notification.
We would like to tell you that a total of 322 vacancies were announced for RBI Grade B 2021 recruitment notification. Out of these 322 vacancies, 270 posts were for the RBI Grade B General post, 29 posts were for the DEPR post and 23 posts were for the DSIM post.
RBI Grade B Online Application
You will have to fill up the online application form to be able to take the exam. RBI Grade B apply online link will be activated once the official notification is out.
RBI Grade B Application Form
The RBI Grade B application form has five sections.
Filling up the RBI Grade B officer application form involves the following steps-
Prerequisites for Applying Online
- Scanned Passport size Photograph (as per given guidelines)
- Scanned copy of Signature
- Documents related to address proof, educational qualification, etc.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
- Rs 850-/ General/OBC
- Rs 100-/ SC/ST/PWD
Step to Apply Online for the RBI Grade B Exam
- Step 1: Visit the RBI official page.
- Step 2: Click on the notification that says ‘RBI Grade B Officer Application Form Released'. You will be redirected to a new page for online registration.
- Step 3: Select ‘Click Here for New Registration'.
- Step 4: Fill in the requested basic details - Name, Address, Age, Contact Number and Email ID etc. After you have entered all the details click on ‘Save and Next'. After the completion of the registration process, a registration number and a password will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are requested to save/note down the password and registration number for future use.
- Step 5: Upload the photograph and signature (as per the instructions specified in the notification pdf).
- Step 6: Enter details of his/her educational background - qualifications (High school/Graduation etc), marks/grade (as per the mark sheet), and work experience (if any).
- Step 7: Validate all the information/details uploaded in the form. Candidates are required to carefully preview the application form and check for any errors. This is crucial because you will not be allowed to make further changes once you click on the submit button.
- Step 8: Click on the ‘Save' button.
- Step 9: Fees payment of application form. The payment has to be made online through net banking/debit card/credit card. Your application form will be considered ‘submitted' only after the payment of the application fee.
The candidate will receive an email or a text message as a notification alert upon successful submission of the application form. Get a printout of the payment details and application form. Candidates can download RBI Grade B admit cards/hall tickets 10 days prior to the scheduled preliminary exam date.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Scheme of Selection
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
The RBI Grade B Prelims exam consist of 4 sections: Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. The detailed exam pattern in a tabular format is presented below.
|General Awareness||80||80||25 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||25 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 minutes|
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Pattern
The RBI Grade B Mains exam consists of three papers: Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. Paper 1 and 3 are a combination of both objective and descriptive questions, while Paper 2 is completely descriptive in nature. The detailed format is presented below in a tabular format.
For General Posts
|Papers||Type of test||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper I - Economic and Social Issues|
50% Objective Test (30 objective questions)
50% Descriptive Test
( 6 descriptive questions out of which 4 needs to be answered)
|Paper II - English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive Test||100 marks||90 mins|
|Paper III - Finance and Management|
50% Objective Test (30 objective questions)
50% Descriptive Test
( 6 descriptive questions out of which 4 needs to be answered)
RBI Grade B Interview
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview, based on the aggregate of marks obtained in Phase-II (Paper-I +Paper-II +Paper-III).
- The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted for an interview will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies.
- Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on the RBI website at an appropriate time and interview call letters will be sent on registered email ID.
- The interview will be of 75 marks.
- The candidate shall be required to undergo Psychometric Test conducted by the Bank before appearing for the Interview.
- No marks will be allotted for the same and this will not form part of the final selection criteria.
- Candidates may opt for an interview either in Hindi or English.
- Final Selection will be through merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase II examination and interview and grace marks as applicable as per extant rules
RBI Grade B Syllabus
RBI Grade B Phase 1 Syllabus
RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
Data Interpretation, Number Series, Quadratic Equations, Data Sufficiency, Problems on Ages, Partnerships, Mensuration, Ratio & Proportion, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Averages, Mixtures & Alligation, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time, Time, Speed & Distance
RBI Grade B Reasoning Syllabus
Seating Arrangement, Syllogisms, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/OrderAlphabet Test, Coded Inequalities, Puzzles, Logical Reasoning, Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency.
RBI Grade B English Language Syllabus
Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Improvement, Phrase Replacement, Antonyms Synonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One-Word Substitution.
RBI Grade B General Awareness Syllabus
Banking and Financial Awareness, Static General Knowledge, Current Affairs
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Syllabus
RBI Grade B Economic and Social Issues (ESI) Syllabus
Growth and Development, Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income, Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India, Sustainable Development and Environmental issues, Economic Reforms in India, Industrial and Labour Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Privatization, Role of Economic Planning, Globalization, Opening up of the Indian Economy, Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy, International Economic Institutions, IMF and World Bank, WTO, Regional Economic Cooperation, Social Structure in India, Multiculturalism, Demographic Trends, Urbanization and Migration, Gender Issues, Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favour of the underprivileged, Social Movements, Indian Political System, Human Development, Social Sectors in India, Health and Education
RBI Grade B Descriptive English Syllabus
Essay writing, Letter writing, Precis' etc.
RBI Grade B Finance and Management Syllabus
Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions, Reserve Bank of India- functions, and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB
Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), Functions, instruments, recent developments
Risk Management in Banking Sector, Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap, Changing Landscape of Banking Sector, Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments, Financial Inclusion- use of technology, Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership, Corporate Governance in the Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector, The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM), Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components, and trends.
RBI Grade B Salary
As per the recent salary revision in the RBI Grade B salary, the basic pay has become Rs 55,200/- per month on the scale of Rs. 55200 - 2850 (9) - 80850 - EB - 2850 (2) - 86550 - 3300 (4) - 99750 (16 years) and the gross monthly emoluments will stand at Rs 2.5 Lakhs approximately.
RBI Grade B Salary Structure
|RBI Grade B Salary – Basic Pay||Rs 55,200/- p.m.|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Scale||Rs. 55200 - 2850 (9) - 80850 - EB - 2850 (2) - 86550 - 3300 (4) - 99750 (16 years)|
|RBI Grade B Salary – Allowances Given||i. Dearness Allowance,|
ii. Local allowance,
iii. House Rent Allowance,
iv. Family allowance and
v. Grade Allowance
|RBI Grade B Salary 2021 – Gross Monthly Emoluments||Rs 2 Lakhs approximately. |
RBI Grade B Admit Card
Candidates will have to visit the official RBI website for downloading call letters for RBI Grade B online examination. Intimation for downloading call letters will also be sent through email/SMS.
The candidate is required to use:
(i) Registration Number/Roll Number,
(ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter.