The Symbiosis Law School is among the top private law schools in the country. The university is recognised internationally, and thousands of students apply to fill just a couple of seats each year. Getting admission into the university is not easy, but if you do get through then, it can be a life-changing thing. To study in the Symbiosis Law Colleges, you will first need to qualify in the Symbiosis Law Aptitude or the SLAT test. You will need premium SLAT books for your preparation on the varied subjects that you will be judged on in the examination.
Preparing for SLAT
The SLAT examination qualifies you into one of the symbiosis law colleges. The competition here is tough, and only the best prepared grab a seat.
The key thing that you need to keep in mind before preparing for SLAT is to work hard to score well in the examination. You also need to ensure that you study smart and under the right guidance. Just burning the midnight oil without proper planning will not help.
- Start with a preparation schedule for effective learning. Break the preparation plan into monthly, weekly and daily targets
- Know the exam syllabus and pattern to be well versed with what the examiner expects you to know
- Gather the right SLAT books, study materials, mock test papers and notes
- Cover the syllabus well by referring to all the standard SLAT books and solve as many mock and previous questions papers as possible
Best SLAT books subject-wise
You need to attempt each subject and section of the SLAT exam and score well. The first step to your preparation is to get the right SLAT books. Quality books will ensure that you are first clear on the theory, which can help you solve the questions. Here are the best SLAT books curated for you. These books are hand-picked to help you understand the subject well and practice multiple types of questions under each section.
Paper 1- General English
- Objective English for Competitive Examination- Tata McGraw Hill
- Objective General English- S P Bakshi
- Quick Learning Objective General English- R S Aggarwal
Paper 2 – general knowledge
- Lucent's Objective GK
- Self-study Guide for LLB Entrance Exam- Arihant Expert
- General Knowledge 2021-2022- Disha Experts
Paper 3: Legal Reasoning
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning- A P Bharadwaj
- Wileys Exam Expert – Legal Awareness- Amandeep Rajgotra
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning- Pearson
Paper 4: Logical Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning- R S Aggarwal
- Objective Logical Reasoning- S Chand
Paper 5: Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning- R S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning- M K Pandey
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning- A K Gupta
Things to keep in mind when buying the SLAT books
The SLAT books that you purchase or download should be the latest version of the book. Else you will not get the updated information. This will create a lack in your preparation. The Symbiosis institute keeps changing its syllabus for the exam, so make sure that the books that you refer to are the latest and cover the fresh syllabus.
Ways to pick up SLAT books from quality authors and trusted publishers
- It is always recommended that you prepare every topic and attempt questions on each topic from multiple books. Each book will explain the same topic in different ways so you will be able to get the grasp better
- Only studying the SLAT books will not help. You also should practice a number of questions on each subject and topic. This will let you prepare better for the exam and also train you on proper time management strategies.
- The SLAT books that you pick up should contain varied questions from the past years' papers. There should be some mock tests for practice too. Make sure to verify the book contents thoroughly.
SLAT is an examination that lets you grab a seat in one of the best law colleges in the nation. It is an internet-based examination for 90 minutes that tests your knowledge on varied subjects through multiple-choice questions. The aspirants are judged on their knowledge of reading comprehension, general knowledge, legal reasoning, legal aptitude and analytical reasoning. Candidates, to fare well in the examination, should get the best SLAT books. Practice each topic carefully and take as many mock tests as possible under strict examination conditions. Listed in this article are some of the best SLAT books that you should refer to for your SLAT examination preparation. Start with one or two books and study them thoroughly before you refer to multiple books on the same subject.
1. How many SLAT books should I refer to?
There are many SLAT books that help you in your preparation. However, start with the books listed above and then move on to other books on the same subject. Ideally, you should select two or three books for every subject and study them thoroughly.
2. Is there an option to get all the subjects in the same SLAT books?
While you will get the previous year's question papers, sample papers and mock papers for each subject in a single book when it comes to understanding the topic, it is always better to refer to subject wise SLAT books.
3. Should I get the SLAT books second hand?
While it is fine to get the SLAT books second hand, this will be an old version of the book. The SLAT exam syllabus keeps on modifying, so it is best that you use the latest version.
4. What are the topics that the SLAT books on general knowledge cover?
The SLAT books on general knowledge cover varied sections like
- Major developments in sports
- Research and developments
- Events and entertainment
- International events
- Awards and honours
- Several other current affairs
- New projects
- Environmental agreements
- UN bodies
Especially for General Knowledge, it is advised that you read as many books as possible as well as make it a point to read the latest magazines and the daily newspapers to be aware of the current news. When you are well versed in a wide range of topics, it makes you confident of appearing in the General Knowledge section.