Every year, hundreds of positions for Probationary Officers and Clerks are advertised across South Indian Bank's numerous branches. South Indian Bank is one of India's leading private-sector banks, with several prospects for professional and personal development. Getting selected as a South Indian Bank Probationary Officer is not a simple matter, but it can be done if you prepare carefully according to the test pattern and syllabus. For POs and Clerks positions, interested and qualified individuals can fill out the South Indian Bank online application and take the examinations online. Knowing the South Indian Bank PO Exam pattern and selection method is one of the most important parts of SIB PO preparation.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern 2022
South Indian Bank's online test follows a predetermined structure, much like all other banking exams. The following phases of the South Indian Bank PO Exam pattern will be followed:
- Online test
- Group discussion and Personal interview
A single-level online test with objective-type questions will be the first step of the selection process, which will be followed by a Group discussion and Personal interview. The applicants will be first shortlisted based on their performance in the Online Test. The applicants' ultimate selection will be based on their combined score in the Online Test, Group discussion, and interview.
Attempt a Free Mock Test Here
Online Examination Pattern
The online objective type examination for South Indian Bank PO 2022 will include problems from four parts: reasoning and computer aptitude, general/economic/banking awareness, English language, and data analysis and interpretation. Each portion will have 40 questions, and each section will be worth 50 marks. As a result, there will be a total of 160 questions and 200 marks.
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Mode of Exam||Time Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||Only in English||40 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||Only in English||20 minutes|
|English Language||40||50||Only in English||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||Only in English||40 minutes|
|Total||160||200|| ||2 hours 20 minutes|
- The online test will be provided for 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- Except for the General Awareness segment, which will be given just 20 minutes, each section will have its 40-minute time limit.
- All of these questions will only be available in English. As a result, the test's default language for all parts will be English.
- Applicants must be attentive owing to a 1/4-point penalty.
- This implies that for each incorrect response, a quarter of the total marks for that question will be penalized.
Group discussion and Personal interview
- Applicants that pass the South Indian Bank PO exam's sectoral and overall cutoffs go to the second step, which includes an individual interview and a group discussion.
- Applicants who pass the South Indian Bank Online examination will receive an email with a call letter for a Group Discussion and Interview.
- Aspirants may also get the call letter from the main site. Applicants must visit the designated interview centre stated in the call letter at a certain time and date to participate in the Group Discussion and Face To face interview.
- Applicants will be selected based on their combined marks in the Online Examination, Group Discussion, and Face To face interview.
- Applicants will have to pass a medical fitness exam, document verification, background check, and other requirements after being chosen.
- Candidates selected for the South Indian Bank Recruitment would be required to undergo a two-year probationary term.
- Note: Depending on the number of candidates and vacancies, the South Indian Bank reserves the right to make adjustments to the selection procedure.
Attempt a Free Mock Test Here
South Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2022
The South Indian Bank PO syllabus is provided here to assist you in understanding the subjects that will be covered in the test and to ensure that you study every detail to achieve a decent grade.
|Reasoning Ability||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
- Seating Arrangement
- Input-Output and Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Distance and Direction
- Alphanumeric Series
- Alphabet Test
- Order and Ranking
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Detection of Errors
- Correction of sentences
- Para Jumble
- Connecting and completing sentences and paragraphs
- Fill in the Blanks
- General Vocabulary
- Synonyms, antonyms, idioms, phrases, Articles, voice changes, mode of narration
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Quantity based Problems
- Number series
- Quadratic equation
- Topics from Arithmetic
- Rate of Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time Distance and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Mixture and allegations
- Averages, Mensuration
- Banking Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs in the last one year, to be more precise
- Static GK
- Countries and Capitals
- National Parks
- International, and National Organizations
- Important Dates and Days
- Themes and more
1. How many phases are there in the South Indian Bank PO Exam pattern 2022?
The online aptitude test and the Group discussion and Personal interview stage are both parts of the SIB PO 2022 selection process.
2. How long will be the online test, and will there be any negative marking?
The test is 140 minutes long, with a negative marking of 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
3. If one passed the SIB PO sectional cutoff but failed to pass the overall SIB PO cutoff (or vice versa). Is it possible for them to participate in the next round?
No, to advance to the next level of the selection process, one must pass both the sectional and overall cutoffs on the Online Test.
4. Is it possible to take the South Indian Bank PO examination in Hindi?
No. The online test for the SIB PO 2022 will only be offered in English