SSC Junior Hindi Translator Salary: he Staff Selection Commission organizes an exam every year for the post of Junior Hindi Translator. The exam is divided into two papers, both of which should be cleared by the candidate for being appointed as a translator. The SSC JHT Salary and SSC JHT Job Profile are the basic things that every candidate wants to know before applying for any job. Therefore, candidates applying for the SSC JHT recruitment 2021 must be familiar with the SSC JHT Salary and SSC JHT Job Profile. This helps them be extra motivated to clear the paper if they know about their roles, responsibilities, and pay. Candidates chosen for the position will be awarded a competitive wage package based on the 7th pay commission's recommendations. All the details about the same have been given below in the article.
SSC JHT Salary
Knowing the job function and the compensation package motivates applicants, encouraging them to work hard during the selection process. The candidates who clear both the exams will be selected finally for the SSC JHT Post. The basic salary would be Rs. 35,400. Several allowances and perks will be given to them, such as Dearness Allowance, Transport Allowance, HRA, etc.
SSC JHT Salary Structure As Per The 7th Pay Commission
- Junior Translator in Headquarters of the Armed Forces (AFHQ) – Rs. 35,400 – Rs. 112,400 (Level 6)
- Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board) – Rs. 35,400 – Rs. 112,400 (Level 6)
- Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS) – Rs. 35,400 – Rs. 112,400 (Level 6)
- Junior Translator/Junior Hindi Translator in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/JHT – Rs. 35,400 – Rs. 112,400 (Level 6)
- Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries, Offices, and Departments – Rs. 44,900- Rs. 142,400 (Level 7)
- Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute (CHTI) – Rs. 47,600 – Rs. 151,100 (Level 8)
Other Allowances And Perks For SSC JHT Salary
Apart from the basic salary, various other allowances are also provided to the persons appointed as SSC JHT. The list of different allowances has been given below:-
- Dearness Allowance(DA) – As per the 7th Pay Commission, DA is 12% of the basic salary.
- Transport Allowance – This allowance depends on the centre of posting. In the cities, it is generally Rs. 3600. Whereas in other places it will be more than Rs. 1800. It cannot be less than Rs. 1800.
- Uniform Allowances – A sum of Rs. 10000/- is given to officers every year as a uniform allowance.
- Children Education Allowance – A sum of Rs. 27,000/- per year is given to those whose children studying from Nursery to Class XII. An increase in DA also leads to an increase in Children's Education Allowance. Besides this, there is also a hostel subsidy of Rs. 81,000/- yearly for those children studying in hostel.
- There will also be a deduction from the monthly salary of around Rs. 5000 for Provident Fund and Insurance.
- The minimum in-hand salary will be Rs. 35,400/- for the SSC JHT. The in-hand salary of an SSC JHT is the SSC Junior Hindi Translator pay amount that a worker receives after calculating all the reductions and extensive of all the allowances.
SSC JHT House Rent Allowance (HRA) – There are three categories of cities as per the SSC. These three categories are X, Y, and Z based on population density. Thus HRA will be based upon the category of cities.
Categories of Cities
- X Category – Population greater than or equal to Rs. 50 Lakhs – Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kolkata, and Chennai.
- Y category – Population between 5 to 50 Lakhs – Includes cities such as Amritsar, Gurugram, Rajkot, Raipur, Indore, Bhopal, Jaipur, Vadodara, Surat, Ranchi, Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi, and many more.
- Z Category – Population less than 5 Lakhs – All the other remaining cities will be covered here.
Percentage of HRA for Different Categories –
- 24 % for cities falling in X Category
- 16 % for cities falling in Y Category
- 8 % for cities falling in Z Category
SSC JHT Job Profile
There are different roles and responsibilities for SSC JHT. They have to work in several departments. The various roles of Junior Hindi Translator have been given below:-
- Typing various documents in Hindi and translating documents in Hindi.
- Execution of language policy in several departments.
- Organization of workshops and meetings on the Hindi Language.
- Keeping records of various documents and files in the different departments.
- JHT helps in managing meetings in the office.
- They ensure the use and promotion of the Hindi Language.
- They also work as a Hindi Teaching personality for Hindi teaching schemes.
Career Growth And Promotions In The Post Of SSC JHT
The SSC JHT Job Profile has several growth opportunities. Employees get promotions based on their work performance and experience. The promotions happen at regular intervals. The following is the order in which they get promotions throughout their career:-
- Junior Translator
- Senior Translator
- Assistant Director
- Deputy Director
- Joint Director
I hope you found this article on SSC JHT Salary and SSC JHT Job Profile useful and informative, and it provides you with the necessary information. For any queries, you can contact us at Oliveboard.
What is the SSC JHT Job Profile?
Translation and typing of papers in Hindi and the execution of language policies in several departments are among the responsibilities of the SSC JHT position.
How much is the basic pay in SSC JHT Salary?
The basic pay of SSC JHT as per the 7th Pay Commission is approximately Rs. 35,000.
What is the selection process for the SSC JHT Exam?
The candidates have to qualify both Papers I and II for being appointed as a Translator.
What are the benefits given to SSC JHT Translator besides basic salary?
Apart from the basic salary, various other allowances are also provided to the persons appointed as SSC JHT, such as Dearness Allowance, Children Education allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, etc.
What is the grade pay scale of a Senior Hindi Translator?
The grade pay scale of a Senior Hindi Translator post is approximately Rs. 4600/-
What are the different categories of cities in which SSC JHT are posted?
The cities are divided into three categories based upon the density of the population, namely Category X, Category Y, and Category Z.