The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) LLB Entrance Exam is conducted annually. It is to give students who choose a career in law a chance to avail of the best colleges for their education in the subject. The university offers admission to 3-year and 5-year Law courses. The notification for the 2022 entrance test is yet to be released. The BHU LLB entrance exam 2022 is expected to be conducted sometime in May 2022. Eligible candidates can apply online for the examination once the university issues the 2022 notification. It will be available on the official website of the university. This article will provide you with the BHU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern, marking scheme, syllabus, and preparation tips for the examination.
BHU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern
It is very important to get acquainted with the examination pattern before preparing to take the examination. Doing so will help you in choosing the study material wisely and prepare likewise. Candidates must follow the BHU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern and syllabus thoroughly in order to benefit from it.
The BHU LLB entrance examination paper is divided into four sections. They are:
- Current Affairs and General Awareness
- English and Hindi Comprehension
- Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Common Legal Knowledge
|No. of Question (approximately)
|Legal Aptitude & Legal Reasoning
|3 mark each
|General knowledge & Current Affairs
|3 mark each
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning and Basic Mathematics
|3 mark each
|3 mark each
- It is an objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Test
- The total no. of questions is 150
- Each question carries 3 marks.
- The total marks of the examination are 450.
- The Exam Pattern includes 4 sections- English/ Hindi Language, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude, and Mental Ability.
- It has 2 sets of multiple-choice questions in English and Hindi Language Comprehension.
- The time duration of the examination is 120 minutes (2 hours).
BHU LLB Entrance Examination Syllabus
The university has not released any syllabus yet. Candidates can look into the following and have an idea about the topics to be covered for the examination.
The comprehension section of the examination is to assesses the candidate's comprehension skills, grammar, and grasp of the language.
- It has two sets of papers- English and Hindi.
- The candidates have to choose the paper according to the language they have opted for.
The important topics are:
|English or Hindi
|Grammar, vocabulary, antonyms, and synonyms
Current Affairs and General Awareness
This section is to evaluate the candidate's knowledge of recent National and International happenings. They should read the newspapers/ magazines/ journals and watch informative programs on the television. The important topics for this section are mentioned below:
|History, polity, economics
|Ancient, medieval, modern, Indian Polity, Judiciary, basic economics
|National and International developments and ongoing issues
Aptitude and Mental Ability
The aptitude and mental ability section judge the candidate's knowledge of general mathematics and logical reasoning. The difficulty level of the test is of class 10th level. The following topics are important for the aptitude and mental ability section.
- Applying principles or rules.
- Sets and statements
- Blood relation
- Time and distance
- Work, time and energy
- Completing arguments, drawing well-supported conclusions,
- Reasoning by analogy
Common Legal Knowledge
This is the most important section of the paper. This section will test the candidate's knowledge of law and polity.
The following topics are important in the legal knowledge section.
- Indian polity including Executive, Judiciary and Legislature,
- Law prepositions with facts,
- Indian Penal Code (IPC)
- Current legal issues
- Important judgments
The marking scheme for the BHU LLB Entrance exam is given below:
- For every correct answer, +3 marks will be awarded.
- The examination has 150 questions, and the total marks are 450.
- The paper is divided into four sections.
- Negative marking is applicable.
- For each incorrect answer or multiple answers to one question, a 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- No marks will be awarded for unanswered questions.
Now that you know about the BHU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern and the topics to be covered, you can start your preparation in a systematic way. Get hold of the relevant books and prepare a schedule. Study the topics thoroughly as you must be knowing that to answer multiple-choice questions you need to have a thorough knowledge of the subject. Study in a planned way and retain whatever you learn. Forge ahead with determination. You will certainly succeed.