This year the LLB Entrance Exam (BLAT) of the Banaras Hindu University is expected to be conducted sometime in May 2022. BHU conducts this examination annually for the three-year and five-year Law Degree courses. The notification regarding the exam will be published on the official website of the University. This article will provide the tentative BHU LLB Entrance Exam Date, the process to avail of the admit card, the examination pattern, and other necessary information.
BHU LLB Entrance Exam Date and other Important Dates
|Application process starting date||February 2022|
|Closing of application ||February 2022|
|Admit card release date||A week prior to the examination. |
|BHU LLB Entrance Exam Date||3rd week of May 2022|
|Announcement of Result||1st week of June 2022|
|Start of counseling||1st week of July 2022|
BHU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern
The BHU LLB entrance examination is divided into four sections. They are:
- Current Affairs and General Awareness
- English and Hindi Comprehension
- Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Common Legal Knowledge
The examination pattern is given below:
|Topics ||No. of Question (approximately)||Marks|
|Legal Aptitude & Legal Reasoning ||40 questions||3 mark each|
|General knowledge & Current Affairs||30 questions ||3 mark each|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning and Basic Mathematics||40 questions||3 mark each|
|English||30 questions||3 mark each|
- It is an objective type Multiple Choice Questions Test
- The total no. of questions is 150
- Each question carries 3 marks.
- The total marks of the examination are 450.
- The Exam Pattern includes 4 sections- English/ Hindi Language, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude, and Mental Ability.
- It has 2 sets of multiple-choice questions in English and Hindi Language Comprehension.
- A negative marking of 0.25 mark is done for every incorrect answer.
- The time duration of the examination is 120 minutes (2 hours).
BHU LLB Entrance Exam Admit Card
- The BHU LLB Admit card will be released on the official website.
- It will be available one week prior to the examination.
- The candidates should use their registration id and password to log in and download their Admit card. Candidates facing any issue/difficulty in doing so must contact the Controller of Examinations.
- Photographs of the candidate should be pasted on the Admit Card in the given area.
- Admit cards will be required during the admission process. So the candidates should keep it well after the examination.
Process to download the BHU LLB Admit Card
Candidates should follow the below steps to download their admit card:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Banaras Hindu University.
Step 2: From Announcements click on the Admit card download link.
Step 3: Enter the registration number and e-mail ID.
Step 4: Click on the Search button. The Admit Card will be displayed on your screen.
Step 5: Download the Admit card and save it on your computer.
Step 6: Take a printout for future use.
BHU LLB Entrance Exam Centres
The state-wise examination centers are given below:
|State ||Examination Centre |
|Uttar Pradesh||Varanasi, Allahabad, Mirzapur, Gorakhpur, and Lucknow|
Documents to Carry to the Examination Centre
The list of important documents that a candidate must carry to the examination center are:
The Admit card is mandatory to be carried to the examination center. Candidates who do not have their admit cards will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Photo ID Proof: Along with the Admit card the candidate should carry a valid Photo ID proof to the examination centre. The documents that can be carried by the candidates are:
- Driving License
- Adhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Pan card
List of things not allowed in the examination hall
- Mobile phone
- Books and sheets
- Any other electronic gadget
Although the BHU LLB Entrance Exam Date has not been announced yet, they will soon be announced. You must start preparing for the examination in earnest. You must be knowing by now that it is an objective type MCQ examination. Since negative marking is applicable and 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer, you have to be very careful while answering. Do not rely on assumptions to answer the question. Download the syllabus. Get hold of the relevant books and go through them deeply. You must have a clear understanding of the subject to be able to retain and apply it correctly. Revise repeatedly and revise well in order to retain the information. If you study diligently and prepare systematically you will certainly do well in the examination.