Every year, the Staff Selection Commission of India holds a Combined Graduate Level examination to recruit eligible candidates for multiple Govt. posts in Grade-B, Grade-C categories. The examination comprises of four stages. In order to get selected, the candidate must qualify through each of these stages.
SSC CGL 2018 exam, which was scheduled to be held earlier this year, has been postponed. The tentative exam dates will soon be declared officially by the SSC.
This year the commission has announced 9000 vacancies for the different posts under the Govt.
How to apply online for SSC CGL exam?
Candidates need to visit the official website and fill out the application form for the online exam. The registration procedure follows these steps-
- Step 1: To register online, the candidate needs to fill in basic details- name, address, age, contact number and email id etc. After the completion of the registration process, the candidate will be provided with a registration number and a password for future use.
- Step 2: The next step involves uploading your scanned photograph and signature (as specified below).
Photograph: JPEG format, size 20-50KB, dimension 200×230
Signature: JPEG format, size 10-20KB, dimension 140×60
- Step 3: Next, the candidate has to enter details regarding his/her educational background, qualifications, marks/grade (as per the mark sheet), and work experience (if any).
- Step 4: The next step is to verify all the information/details uploaded in the form. The candidate can preview the application form to check for any error before the final submission of the same.
- Step 5: The last and final step of online application is the payment. The payment has to be made online through net banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee for General/OBC category is Rs.100. For SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen, no application fee is required to be paid. Your application form will be considered ‘submitted’ only after the payment of application fee.
Once you submit your online application, you will receive an email or a text message as a notification alert. Candidates are requested to get a printout of the application form and payment detail for their own recovery.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test