The IB ACIO Exam is conducted by the Ministry of Home Affairs for recruitment of Officers for the Intelligence Bureau. It’s one of the premium and sought-after posts in India. This blog provides you with the full IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Th information provided here is as per the 2017 notification.
Official Home Ministry Of India’s Website – https://mha.gov.in/#
- IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Exam Pattern
- IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Tier 2 Exam Pattern
- IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Selection Criteria
- Full Exam Syllabus
- IB ACIO Tier-1: Exam Analysis 2017
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Exam Pattern
IB ACIO Exam Pattern consists of the following three stages: –
- IB ACIO Tier-I Exam (Total Marks: 100)
- IB ACIO Tier-II Exam (Total Marks: 50)
- IB ACIO Interview (Total Marks: 100)
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Tier 1 Exam Pattern
|Section||No. Of Questions||Marks||Time|
|General Awareness||25||25||60 minutes|
*There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Essay Writing||30||60 minutes|
|English Comprehension & Précis Writing||20|
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Selection Criteria
- Only those candidates would be called for Tier-II exam who qualify a certain standard in Tier-I. For Tier-II examination, there is a minimum cut off of 33%.
- On the basis of their combined performance in Tier-I and Tier-II, the candidates would be shortlisted for the interview.
- The final selection would be made on the basis of combined performance in all the selection stages.
Full Exam Syllabus
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: General Knowledge Syllabus
- Indian History, Polity, Current Events, Geography, Economy, Basics of computers etc.
- The focus will be on Current national & International events, banking, sports, awards, recruitments etc.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Reasoning Syllabus
- Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualisation, spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure, Non-Verbal Reasoning.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: English Comprehension Syllabus
- Grammar Rules, antonyms, synonyms, one-word substitution, idioms & phrases, fill in the blanks, Reading Comprehension/Passage, Cloze Test, Para-Jumble Sentences etc.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Number System, HCF LCM, Simplification, Average, Time & Work, Mensuration, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Investment, Problem on Ages, Time & Speed, Problem on Trains, Permutation and Combination, Series and Sequences, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart.
We hope you liked the blog and found the information on IB ACIO Exam Pattern and Syllabus useful.
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course on EDGE + 30 Full-length SBI PO mock tests
- SBI PO Mock Recruitment drive – Thrill of full Recruitment process – Register Now
- Crack All IBPS Exams – Join Mega Banking Online Course Now
- IBPS PO 2020 Mock Tests – Attempt a Free Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE mock Test Now
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here