The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the notification for 12000+ vacancy for Clerical cadre. Exams are scheduled to be conducted in Dec 2019 and January 2020. You can find the details for the release of notification below. A large mass of candidates appear for the IBPS Clerk exam every year but many are not aware of what they will be doing after they become a clerk in Public Sector Banks and what they will be earning.In this blog, we will take you through and help you understand IBPS Clerk 2019 Salary, Job profile, career growth, etc. in a better way.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Salary:
IBPS Clerk 2019 Salary has been revised as per the latest banking norms. Detailed description of IBPS Clerk 2019 Salary is explained below:
|Basic pay||13075||Defined Pension Fund||2015|
|Special Allowance||1561||Professional Tax||200|
|Dearness Allowance||7074||Group Insurance||1274|
|City Compensatory Allowance||0||FABF||30|
|Transport Allowance||425||Union Subscription||75|
|Total(Without HRA)||22135||Total Deductions- Rs 3594|
|Total Salary- Rs 23115|
|Net Salary- Rs. 19521|
* Dearness Allowance – DA is 4% of the basic pay for the employees which is revised quarterly.
*House Rent Allowance- HRA is basically 7-9 % of the basic pay
HRA% is varied as per the cities that the candidate will be posted in eventually:
|Cities with Population more than 5 lakhs||7.5|
The IBPS clerk 2019 salary varies from bank to bank as well. Few other facilities that can be availed by the employees are home loans, education loans, medical benefits, etc.
Prepare with Exam-wise courses for Upcoming Exams – Subscribe to Oliveboard Edge
IBPS Clerk 2019 – Job profile
The job profile of IBPS Clerk is not limited to just one task, they are deployed on various profiles after their selection for the position. Few of them are as listed here:
- Bank office clerks are deployed in the back office for various tasks like maintenance of ledger, bank receipt collection, handling the daily closure details
- Updation of Passbooks at counters
- Printing of receipts for cheques and demand drafts
- bank clerks also do hold bank keys, safe keys under their protection
- They are often placed at the query window to act as an information counter for the customers.
- Handling the deposit and withdrawal cash.
Clerks are often placed in various departments like accounts clerk, loan clerk, office clerk, etc. Clerks are usually the first point of contact for any customer who is visiting the bank premises. IBPS Clerk 2019 has declared a good number of vacancies for this year in comparison to 2018 vacancies, this detailed understanding of the profile will help the aspirants plan better and appear in the exam with prior clarity.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Career Growth:
After becoming a clerk in any Public sector bank, multiple opportunities can be availed by the aspirant to become the officer in the bank but there are certain constraints to that. An employee needs to complete 2 years of service with the same bank to be eligible to appear for the test for the officer rank. Public sector banks do carry out the test for promotions every 2 years. They need to apply for the promotion and appear for the examinations, like JAIIB(Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers) and CAIIB(Certified Association of the Indian Institute of Bankers). After becoming the officer the career prospects for an employee looks like this:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief manager
- Scale 5 – Assistant General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General manager
Growth of an employee is also dependent on his/her performance over the tenure with the bank. Banks do consider employees with impeccable work performance for higher positions.
These career prospect is completely under banks prerogative. Banks do design these programs and implement changes as they deem fit.
That’s all from us on this blog, please keep checking this space for more updates regarding IBPS Clerk 2019 updates. Please follow Oliveboard page for more such updates related to other exams and their details.
Give your preparations a boost by following below steps:
- 20 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelims
- 10 Mocks for IBPS Clerk 2019 Mains
- All Topic Tests
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test