The Institute for Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the official notification for the IBPS Clerk 2021 on its official website. A total of 5830 IBPS Clerk 2021 Vacancies are announced for 11 participating banks. In the year 2020, 2557 vacancies for IBPS Clerk Recruitment was announced. A total of 11 banks had participated in the recruitment process. In the following article, we are providing a list of bank-wise IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2021 across the country to give you a different perspective about the vacancies and help you decide which state you want to fill the form from.
- IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021 | Overview
- IBPS Clerk 2021 State-Wise Vacancies
- IBPS Clerk Category-wise Vacancies
- IBPS Clerk Bank-wise Vacancies
- IBPS Clerk Previous Years Vacancies
- Career prospects of IBPS Clerk
- IBPS Clerk selection process
- IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2021: List of Participating Banks
- IBPS Clerk Recruitment Notification, 2021
- Provisional allotment under IBPS Clerk recruitment
- IBPS Clerk Vacancy | FAQs
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2021 | Overview
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of the exam||IBPS Clerk 2021|
|Application Link||Apply Online Link|
|Notification Date||11 July 2021|
|Prelims Admit Card||Aug 2021|
|Prelims Exam Date||28, 29 Aug & 04 Sept 2021|
|Mains Exam Date||31 Oct 2021|
|Stage of IBPS Clerk Exam||Prelims & Mains Exam|
|Age Limit||20 years – 28 years|
IBPS Clerk 2021 Latest Update
IBPS Clerk examination is put on hold by the Finance Ministry. The Finance Ministry on Tuesday directed IBPS to put on hold the examination for clerical cadre in public sector banks (PSBs) till a final view is taken on conducting tests in regional languages. In order to look into the demand for holding examination for clerical cadre in Public Sector Banks (PSBs) in local/regional languages, a Committee has been constituted to look into the matter in its entirety. The Committee will give its recommendations within 15 days. The ongoing process of holding the examination initiated by IBPS will be kept on hold until the recommendations of the Committee are made available.
IBPS had earlier released the recruitment notification for the IBPS Clerk exam 2021 on 11th July 2021. A total of 5830 vacancies have been released by the IBPS for 2021. As per the latest official notification, IBPS Clerk prelims is scheduled to be held on August 28th & 29th and September 4th 2021, and the mains examination is scheduled to be held on 31st October 2021. Check out all the latest news on IBPS Clerk exam like admit card, result, free mock test etc. Now with the release of the notification, it is important to prepare for the IBPS Clerk exam with the latest pattern mock test series and online courses on Oliveboard.
IBPS Clerk 2021 State-Wise Vacancies
The Complete State-wise list of IBPS Clerk 2021 Vacancies is given below:
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||0||0||1||0||2||3|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||0||0||0||0||2||2|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||4||2||4||1||14||25|
IBPS Clerk vacancies in 2020 were as follows.
|State||Final Vacancies 2020|
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||1|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||4|
|Jammu & Kashmir||7|
IBPS Clerk Category-wise Vacancies
The below table gives the category-wise list of IBPS Clerk Vacancies for 2021 Recruitment:
|State & UT||GEN||OBC||EWS||ST||SC|
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||2||1||0||0||0|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI and DAMAN & DIU||2||0||0||0||0|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||14||4||1||2||4|
IBPS Clerk Bank-wise Vacancies
The below table gives the Bank-wise list of IBPS Clerk Vacancies for 2021 Recruitment:
|Bank||No. of Vacancies|
|BANK OF BARODA||0|
|BANK OF INDIA||574|
|BANK OF MAHARASHTRA||0|
|CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA||1440|
|INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK||69|
|PUNJAB & SIND BANK||404|
|PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK||0|
|UNION BANK OF INDIA||2323|
As Vacancies for 4 banks are not announced yet, so we can expect the total no. of vacancies to go up in near future with announcement of vacancies for these banks
IBPS Clerk Previous Years Vacancies
To get a better idea about the expected number of vacancies in 2021 here is a year wise analysis for IBPS Clerk vacancies.
|Year||Number of vacancies|
Want To Take A Free Mock Test For IBPS Clerk? Register Here
Career prospects of IBPS Clerk
After joining as clerk, candidates are promoted to higher levels based on their performance after three years of their service. The promotion is done through internal exams. Candidates can reach upto the level of Managers. The basic pay of an IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765 per month. The payscale is as follows –
They are also entitled to other special pay and allowances.
IBPS Clerk selection process
The selection process of IBPS Clerk comprises the following stages:
- Prelims: Candidates need to answer 100 questions within 60 minutes. The prelims exam of IBPS Clerk comprises three sections:
- English Language,
- Numerical Ability, and
- Reasoning Ability.
- Mains: Total duration of the test is 160 minutes with different sectional timings. The total marks for the test are 200. The mains exam comprises four sections:
- General/ Financial Awareness,
- General English,
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude and
- Quantitative Aptitude.
IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2021: List of Participating Banks
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
IBPS Clerk Recruitment Notification, 2021
Download Official Notification Here
Provisional allotment under IBPS Clerk recruitment
- Provisional allotted to any one of the participating banks based on performance in the mains exam and the final vacancies of the banks.
- Candidates need to fulfil the criteria for participating organization
- Verification of documents happens at the participating organizations, and they reserve the right to cancel the candidature.
- The offer letter is issued by the participating organizations
- A reserve list of approximately 10 per cent of the vacancies under each category is maintained, subjected to the availability of candidates
- The number of state-wise vacancies is given due importance during the allotment process
IBPS Clerk Vacancy | FAQs
5830 IBPS Clerk vacancies are announced for 2021 Recruitment.
The selection process of IBPS Clerk includes preliminary and mains exam.
IBPS Clerk vacancies are announced along with the notification.
The highest number of IBPS Clerk vacancies (799) are announced for Maharashtra.
No, the marks of the prelims exam are not counted for the IBPS Clerk final merit list.